Should I buy X98 plus 2 ?

Should I buy X98 plus 2 ?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Should I buy X98 plus 2 ?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  eGuru 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Siu Lay
    Participant

Thinking of picking up a x98 + 2 and have some questions. My use case is 90% android and 10% windows.

1. Look like wifi was not that good, is it getting better with any recent update?
    2. How well does the SD card works in both Android and Windows?
    3. How about battery life?
    4. Is it a good but or I should skip it?

Thanks in advance?

eGuru
    Participant

The plus 2 works fine in windows although you will need to use some work-arounds to get Anniversary edition loaded (takes at least 2 hours and requires a temporary  external USB storage).

WiFi seems to work better in Windows than Android.

Battery life is quite decent.

My Android experience is disappointing as I am unable to get OTA updates installed successfully even though Teclast is easily able at will to push their ads to the device.

Teclast customer service is non-existent.

Siu Lay
    Participant

How about the SD card, look like it is very problematic on Windows side?

fztt
    Participant

If you read this thread (which is irresponsibly marked ‘fixed’ for reasons unknown) starting page 22,

Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

it seems like the same issues that plague Plus I is also showing up in Plus II… Buyers beware if sd card readability is vital to you…

aksems
    Participant

I should say that, the touchscreen sensitivity of Plus II is definitely better than other X98 series(Goodix).

It has different touch sense chip inside(Silead).

Gal
    Participant

I wouldn’t.  I have the X98 plus and it’s OK… but..

1. This tablet is heavy and I hate the (not smooth) back metal feeling.
    2. Chuwi tablets have much better performance (if the X98 Plus II is optimized the same as the X98 Plus then it’s going to be slow).
    3. With Chuwi you can use USB and charge at the same time.
    4. Touch is not nearly as good as your phone \ other big brand tablet.
    5. If you have sensitive eyes, the screen flickers in low brightness.  There is a thread here about how to force the screen not to flicker but it will probably reduce screen life time and reduce battery life.
    6. Charging is slow (which maybe is OK due to the big battery). I’m using the original charger + cable.

Don’t get me wrong.. I happy with the purchase, the battery is amazing (in Windows, not in Android),  It’s great when I need it for movies etc..   I guess it depends what are you going to use it for..

Andreas
    Participant

In my experience: the Plus II is good, if you can live with weak wifi. This is the point.

1.Look like wifi was not that good, is it getting better with any recent update?

Until now no update. And it is not clear wheather the problem is to be solved by an update.
    2. How well does the SD card works in both Android and Windows?

Sd card works in Android and Windows

3. How about battery Life?

Ok
    4. Is it a good but or I should skip it?

In my opinion wifi is the problem…

eGuru
    Participant

I wouldn’t. I have the X98 plus and it’s OK… but..

1. This tablet is heavy and I hate the (not smooth) back metal feeling.
    2. Chuwi tablets have much better performance (if the X98 Plus II is optimized the same as the X98 Plus then it’s going to be slow).
    3. With Chuwi you can use USB and charge at the same time.
    4. Touch is not nearly as good as your phone \ other big brand tablet.
    5. If you have sensitive eyes, the screen flickers in low brightness. There is a thread here about how to force the screen not to flicker but it will probably reduce screen life time and reduce battery life.
    6. Charging is slow (which maybe is OK due to the big battery). I’m using the original charger + cable.

Don’t get me wrong.. I happy with the purchase, the battery is amazing (in Windows, not in Android), It’s great when I need it for movies etc.. I guess it depends what are you going to use it for..

Regarding point 3. Just to clarify -Since the X98 Plus 2 has a dedicated charging port, using USB while charging is possible. So not a great advantage for Chuwi.

Nicola
    Participant

No, don’t buy this piece of crap.
    I own one X98 Plus (A5C6) and there are more cons than pros.

Teclast has no customer service, devices become unsupported after just 2 months and a simple windows update could brick your device.

Better spend few more money and buy branded products.

eGuru
    Participant

Due to the overall poor user ratings,  the site owner should drop the overall rating of Teclast at least one level – to lower than Chuwi.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password