So my i7 Book died

So my i7 Book died

TechTablets Forums General General Discussion So my i7 Book died

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Katagiri 4 days, 4 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Katagiri
    Participant

My beloved i7 Book died this week after 2.5 years and I need to replace it ASAP since I used it every day. But I just can’t decide, looks like there’s no new model like it, I was considering a PiPo W11 but it’s Celeron, so I have no idea if it will make me crazy, I was also thinking to change to Android but I can’t work with an Android tablet.

So, I hope you guys can lend me a hand. Many thanks!

Katagiri
    Participant

Some updates, I was considering Alldocube KNote 5 but it’s not good for drawing, and Teclast X4 but an user here told it’s terrible.

Sx C
    Participant

sign up for the newsletter or whatever it is at the eve v website, occasionally they will run a flash sale for the m3 model at $499 USD including the keyboard.

tempting enough that i am considering it even though i already have a core m surface pro.

Katagiri
    Participant

Thanks! It looks good but it’s too big. It can’t be more than 11.6″.

Sx C
    Participant

if the weight is the considering factor i can tell you that the eve v with keyboard is barely 40g heavier than the knote set. Size wise in landscape mode the width will be the same but the eve a little taller due to the aspect ratio.

even if it were a lot lighter i still wouldn’t recommend the knote 5 simply because it is just plain horrible(low brightness screen made worse by the fact that it is not laminated and barely usable speakers just to name the big cons). As you pointed out someone else said the x4 is terrible as well so this rules out the 2 main contender off the bat.

if you dont mind a smaller screen i think the cube mix plus might be the only real option left, the chuwi ubook could possibly be perfect for you but is simply too expensive for what it is.

android might be the way to go if your work doesnt requires windows 10 specifically. i am using the hi9 plus with the keyboard case and it is perfectly adequate for a on-the-go typing machine.

Katagiri
    Participant

It’s not weight, it’s size, it won’t fit my bags and purses.

Cube Mix Plus is a little old, AFAIK they don’t make it anymore, as I live in Brazil, I learned not to buy products like that. And You are right, Ubook has a terrible price.

Unfortunately my work requires Windows.

EDIT: I’m just in love with the new One Mix 3, it’s a little bigger than the older models, so the size is OK to me but it’s a little expensive for my budget.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password