SSD unable to detect In Ezbook 3 Pro

SSD unable to detect In Ezbook 3 Pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series SSD unable to detect In Ezbook 3 Pro

Tagged: ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    发疯のKIRA
    Participant

Hi all, I just install WD Green 120GB SATA M.2 2280 SSD into my Ezbook Pro 3. It seem like my Device Manager able to detect it as shown in attachment below but in Disk Management it didn’t show up so I’m unable to initialize it. The driver for my WD green SSD is also up to date.

Can anyone provide guidance on how to proceed form now onward.

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ulf
    Participant

Maybe it only recognizes already partitioned devices. Try downloading Mini Tool Partition Wizard, create a new partition from the unallocated space and format it using NTFS file system.

发疯のKIRA
    Participant

Hi Ulf,

I use Mini Tool as advise but SSD is still no where to found.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ulf
    Participant

I’m having similar problems with the very same WD Green 120gb SSD. It does get recognized in Device Manager but I’m unable to format it to NTFS. Can’t select in Windows setup either. I did a complete wipe, deleted all partitions, initialized it, converted it to GPT and so on… Still unable to install a clean version of Windows 10 on it. Windows setup even showed me it had a gigantic 2048 GB of free space at one point after a failed repartitioning.

Booting a partitioning software like GParted doesn’t work either because of some kind of Apollo Lake incompatability, i’ve read.

Maybe it’s a thing with this specific model of SSD…

Ulf
    Participant

I now exchanged it for a Samsung 850 evo and everything works just fine.

David
    Participant

Hi all. I have a similar problem as stated earlier. I bought two EZbook 3 pro V4 and two ADATA M2 SSD (128gb). On one unit the SSD was seen initialised, formatted and working fine. On the other the ssd is not being seen even after swapping SSD’s. What can possibly be the issue or should I consider returning the unit. The ssd in installed properly and tried a clean install of windows. Appreciate any assistance.

Giuseppe
    Participant

which model to take of sumsung 850 evo (sata 3 m.2 – link http://www.samsung.com/it/memory-storage/860-evo-m-2-sata-3-ssd/MZ-N6E250BW/) or (mSATA – link:http://www.samsung.com/it/memory-storage/850-evo-msata-sata-3-ssd-kit/MZ-M5E250BW/)

Thanks for the reply.

Chupa
    Participant

http://www.samsung.com/it/memory-storage/860-evo-m-2-sata-3-ssd/MZ-N6E250BW/

is the right one

but make sure you can install a 2280 in your pc
    most have space only for the short version 2242

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Giuseppe
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. is it possible that 860 evo 3 is recognized as sata 1 and therefore a decrease in performance compared to when it spent on the purchase?

Chupa
    Participant

no  you have sata 3 600Mbs

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar