Teclast F5 – Power Bank(s), Charger & Dongles – Please…

Teclast F5 – Power Bank(s), Charger & Dongles – Please…

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion Teclast F5 – Power Bank(s), Charger & Dongles – Please…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Roney Tutnauer
    Participant

Hello Teclast F5 owners, I hope to also be the happy owner of an F5 soon!
    Since keeping it powered on the go is one of its challenges, I’d really appreciate anyone with positive experience on how this is best done.
    I would love to hear about any power bank that has actually been tested & works!!  I’ve spent hours looking/asking users for first-hand success reports. Folks have stated that any “PD bank should work”, but in reality I only hear of folks that have tried and NOT succeeded.
    Also – recommendations on USB Type C dongles, and wall “power bricks” would be great!
    Many Thanks! Roney

Chris G
    Keymaster

I bought from Amazon a Poweradd 99Wh type-c PD charger and it works well. type-c to type-c cable. 12V 2.25A works.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Roney Tutnauer
    Participant

Thanks Chris – Its really reassuring to know that there is an option out there. With a power bank like I assume the F5 battery issues are solved, giving at least 10+  hours, correct?

btw Chris – from the spec on Amazon the charger provides 12V 2.5  “3 Outputs, Dual 3.1A+3.1A USB output ports and aa USB-C output, 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/2.5A, 15V/2.5A, 20V/2.25A”.  Looks like the F5 really wants 12V 2A, as written on the included AC power adapter. I also asked the “Teclast Global Store” on Aliexpress, and they said that the only way to power it is with the AC charger.
    But as long as I know it works – I’ll go for the F5!!

Many Thanks for taking the time to respond!!

Mike
    Participant

I bought an Aukey USB PD charger that supports 12V@3A. Unfortunately the laptop does not seem to like it at all.

So it looks like it’s a bit of hit n miss with the F5

cyberman
    Participant

I may be a little late on this thread but if you’re struggling to get power banks working with the F5 try updating the bios as per this thread https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/teclast-f5-bios-update/ on the original bios charging would stop after 2 mins with every bank I tried but after updating all worked fine.

Enrique
    Participant

shit, I updated the BIOS as they say there and now it doesn’t start me. Turn on but it goes black

How do I fix it?

help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!

xiangqin
    Participant

My customer’s battery is broken, hope I can help find it. I found the model and part number behind the battery. is :2666144 7.4V H-30137162P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar