Teclast F7 won't boot

Teclast F7 won't boot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops Teclast F7 won't boot

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    cassinni
    Participant

Hi,

I bought this laptop because I saw the great review from TechTablets.

I agree with the review but nevertheless I am only having issues with the F7 since I bought it.

It was bought from geekbuying a few months ago and has barely been used and never dropped.

I used it a few weeks ago and all of a sudden a windows 10 blue screen comes up and i have to reboot it.

During the reboot the Screenshot 1 happened and i could not get into Win 10. I contacted geekbuying and they told me

to change the boot order to Windows Boot Manager at #1 in the bios. It was previously setup that way but somehow bios changed the boot order by itself?

It worked out for 2 weeks and then I get the same error all over. Now I go into the bios to change the boot order again to Windows Boot Manager as I did previously but Windows Boot Manager disappeared in Bios. See 2nd picture. I did not change anything in bios. I wrote geekbuying over 10 days ago and they are not replying.

Can someone help me to fix this? Maybe there’s a bios update I can do.

P.S.: Thanks for the great youtube reviews (Xiaomi etc.)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Roby
    Participant

Hi,

I had the same issue with one F7 that I sold to my customer,

in the beginning, like read on some technician forum, I tried to remove the SSD M.2  and replaced in his slot.

It worked for 2 weeks then it happaned again and again. The blue screen happen when the SSD stop to be read.

So tried to replace with an SSD M.2 from another identical F7, and it worked perfectly, never had problem to boot or other.

Tried also the 1fst SSD M.2 in the seconf F7 and it had the same problem.

Gearbest offered me 35$ to repair for my own the problem, so I bought a new one SSD.

Hope it can help you.

Greetings

Attachments:
    cassinni
    Participant

Hi,

thanks for your reply. Its hard to find help with this laptop. Teclast ignored my email. I bought from geekbuying (with ssd) and i will never buy from them again.

I paid extra to get local repair service (return to country that item was shipped from) italy, now they asked me to ship for repair to poland.

I should pay mail to Poland 🙁 I asked them 3 times for address and instructions but they don’t give it to me. This F7 is 3 months old and died twice, barely used never dropped. Its the same way as you described it, within Win 10 I get a blue screen and then it wont boot anymore in windows.

Geekbuying said if I try to repair it myself I will loose warranty because I would break the seal.

Are there exact instructions for what you did somewhere? I never opened the hdd bay. I installed Win10 on the SSD it came with.

I assume the SSD died. Would Transcend TS120GMTS420S M.2 Solid State Drive, 120GB, SATA III, 3D NAND Flash-Chip work?

Roby
    Participant

I assume the SSD died. Would Transcend TS120GMTS420S M.2 Solid State Drive, 120GB, SATA III, 3D NAND Flash-Chip work?

Yes, I just bougth that one.

cassinni
    Participant

I removed the teclast ssd and put it back in but no change 🙁

I ordered the Transcend SSD and wait for its arrival.

When it arrives, I just put it in and go to bios?

Thanks Roby for your help

Paweł
    Participant

Cassinni – could you please let us know if swapping SSD helped?

I am having exactly same problem with my F7 and I think it is faulty SSD…

cassinni
    Participant

Pawel, where did you buy?

I will let you know, it should arrive in the next 2-3 days.

Paweł
    Participant

I got it from Gearbest.

Roby
    Participant

Hello,
    Yesterday Trascend SSD arrived, installed clean version of Windows 10 Pro (directly in Italian) and all worked fine.
    I had some doubt about the windows key, but once installed, it was immediately recognized as original.

Attachments:
    Roby
    Participant

When it arrives, I just put it in and go to bios?

Really it was’nt present in Bios (maybe cause it was’nt formatted at all?)
    So in boot overraid start directly by USB pen with wwindows installation,
    I had fear don’t see the disc during installation, instead it was in the list: disc 0 128gb, and all gone well.

cassinni
    Participant

It worked for me aswell. I successfully installed Win 10. At first I had the same error at boot and I thought it did not work but I booted from USB

and I installed Win 10. It found the unformated hdd 120GB. So Teclast is sending out broken SSD’s with F7. If I knew before I would have bought the version without 120GB SSD.

Roby
    Participant

If I knew before I would have bought the version without 120GB SSD.

Exactly, just arrived me a new one, but for the next (I buy end prepare they sometime for my customers), I’ll buy with 64gb then change the SSD for myself.

Livio
    Participant

Hi, I’ve the same problem with my f7. do you know if it supports 240gb ssd? it’s Transcend MTS420 240GB M.2 Serial ATA III

Roby
    Participant

do you know if it supports 240gb ssd? it’s Transcend MTS420 240GB M.2 Serial ATA III

Sure, it do.

pepemopap
    Participant

I had the same problem on my Teclast F7. I use Linux, and every time i use it in a while the system freezes getting hard disk errors in sda. When boot the EFI entry has disappeared and need to enter system using efi shell. In my case I solved the problem by simply inserting a piece of folded paper into the hard drive compartiment to avoid it can be moved. For the moment i have some time without errors 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar