Teclast Tbook 10 Android Installation Failure

Teclast Tbook 10 Android Installation Failure

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Tbook Series Teclast Tbook 10 Android Installation Failure

This topic contains 20 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Mo Cremer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Kin Fai Kwok
    Participant

Hi,

I bought the Teclast Tbook 10 last from China last week. Have been using it for the last few days and it seems to work fine (both Windows and Android).

When I was using Android today, it suddenly turned off by itself. After that, I can only boot into the EFI shell and BIOS.

So I went onto the  Teclast official website and downloaded the official Android firmware and followed the installation instruction carefully.

During the installation, it stopped at the following message.

Starting command: ‘flash gpt gpt.bin’
    Flashing gpt …
    partitions are bigger than the disk, partitions 22894 MiB disk 7391 MiB
    Flash failure: Invalid Parameter

Have anyone come across this before? Does anyone know a fix?

I suspect the partition it is trying to use still have the old system on it, is there a way to check the storage information of the partitions from the bios? Or even format it?

The picture of the EFI Shell is attached.

Please advise. Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

CrazyCookie
    Participant

“partitions are bigger than the disk, partitions 22894 MiB disk 7391 MiB”

This looks like you either did not remove the old partitions or your eMMC disk has been broken as it reports just 7391 MB to the EFI BIOS.

Kin Fai Kwok
    Participant

Is there anyway to check if my eMMC disk is broken from the bios?

HellMatt
    Participant

Why do you reinstall OS ?

I had the Shell screen on my tablet too, and my friend too, we just rebooted the tablet and it’s gone, no more problems, no need to reinstall Android or Windows

Bryan
    Participant

Are you sure that you followed all directions correctly? All that you need to do is copy the files from the baidu download (I have them, can host on gDrive if necessary) and then you copy that to an 8gb USB drive. Once done, boot to EFI Shell and let it run for approx 5-10 mins. REMOVE ALL USB FROM THE TABLET otherwise you will get boot errors as it needs to initialize all the drivers AFTER it boots the first time (very weird, but my tablet refused to reboot).

Currently, my only issue is getting to reinstall the W10 image with the tools supplied.. I’m not too sure why but it just won’t work.

Mario Bartolo
    Participant

Hi I’ve been trying to download from Baidu for quite some time, but it is failing. Did someone find an alternative download or maybe someone can host them somewhere else. My tablet is stuck on EFI Shell Version 2.40….. this failed after a Windows 10 update then I switched to Android

tyloman
    Participant

Hi ,

I have exact same issue raised below:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/teclast-tbook-10-boot-failure/

Did you find any solution?

Cheers

Javier Sanchez
    Participant

I have exactly the same error.

I am in conversation with Gearbest support. I will post the resolution.

Thank you all of you.

Attachments:

Paul Robertson
    Participant

Any progress with Gearbest?

Swiss Man
    Participant

i got same error on reinstall android or win10 with efi-system software after crash

( partitions are bigger than the disk, partitions 22894 MiB disk 7391 MiB)

Anonymous

Hello,

I have successfully installed windows and android but android is still not loading, it gets looped to teclast logo. Once it is finished I will update you a detailed tutorial about how I did.

alrahimkhan
    Participant

I just mentioned above that my windows is running successfully, tried to install android, lost windows again. Now installing from beginning…

alrahimkhan
    Participant

Ivasiuc Octavian
    Participant

Hi,

I bought the Teclast Tbook 10 last from China last week. Have been using it for the last few days and it seems to work fine (both Windows and Android).

When I was using Android today, it suddenly turned off by itself. After that, I can only boot into the EFI shell and BIOS.

So I went onto the  Teclast official website and downloaded the official Android firmware and followed the installation instruction carefully.

During the installation, it stopped at the following message.

Starting command: ‘flash gpt gpt.bin’
    Flashing gpt …
    partitions are bigger than the disk, partitions 22894 MiB disk 7391 MiB
    Flash failure: Invalid Parameter

Have anyone come across this before? Does anyone know a fix?

I suspect the partition it is trying to use still have the old system on it, is there a way to check the storage information of the partitions from the bios? Or even format it?

Please advise. Thanks

Ivasiuc Octavian
    Participant

that’s what I now show

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password