Teclast X80 Plus SDCard not detected

Teclast X80 Plus SDCard not detected

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series Teclast X80 Plus SDCard not detected

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 31 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Joe 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

yokese
    Participant

First, to install the drivers you have to do it in the device manager. Under ‘SD host adapaters’ you’ll see three (or four I don’t remember) ‘Intel SD Host Controller’. You’ have to update the drivers of all of them to be sure you update the right one (it doesn’t make nay damage). To install these drivers you have to be in Windows mode to allow install unsigned drivers too.

These didn’t solve all my problems, but at least I can read some sdcards. Others remain unrecognized by windows.

Later I left Windows 10 to install updates form windows update, and magically, now I can read all my sdcards. You can try this too.

Andrew
    Participant

I tried this without result, other than windows no longer booting as it said the host SD was locked due to unknown error. Of course, I cannot do a restore, simply because there is no space to do so, and it is anal about using ‘portable storage’. Windows is really not for tablets or smartphones, the resolutions are wrong, buttons way too small, too many misclicks and bad fudged drivers.

If MicroSoft are truly serious about the Tablet market, they need to focus on making it work right, first time. I mean if they were, why are we playing with unsigned drivers and delving into the backwaters of the system. Tablets afteral are the new PC’s/Laptops… long live Android.

Politeness is priceless when received, cost nothing to own or give, yet many cannot afford... AWM 2003

majkel_94
    Participant

I have the same problem. On Android everything is ok but on Windows the card show as “SD Card” sth with no partition and whole explorer freeze and can’t read it.
    I tried the “fixed” driver but I can’t install it in “no signature verification mode” because it tells me that the current driver is the newest (or sth, I have Polish language). Is there an other fix? I have no code 10 errors in device manager.

Cube i7 Stylus User

Windave
    Participant

This works on the X80 Pro so may also work on the Plus……

The SD Card problem is a bios setting which Win 10 requires and which for some reason unknown to anyone with reasonable intelligence, resets itself every time you switch to Android use! The bios setting you have to change is Advanced tab…..System Component….MS Custom Sdbus Driver….set this to ENABLED and the SD Card should work fine! Access the X80 Pro bios menu via “UEFI setting” in Win 10 Settings…..Recovery menu.

Andrew
    Participant

Go to Control panel , right click on the firmware icon and choose update device. Select automatic update using internet option , it should starts to download version 3.06. Once updated, reboot and wait for the system to apply the new firmware. You should be able to see that SD card can now be read in the file explorer. You must be sure that you have at least 80% of the battery juice before you update.

I have NO idea which tablet you have, but there is nothing like a Firmware icon in my windows control panel, or anything resembling that type of programme installed. I went and searched both the Windows, Intel and AMI websites and nothing, zip, zilch.

Politeness is priceless when received, cost nothing to own or give, yet many cannot afford... AWM 2003

majkel_94
    Participant

This works on the X80 Pro so may also work on the Plus……

The SD Card problem is a bios setting which Win 10 requires and which for some reason unknown to anyone with reasonable intelligence, resets itself every time you switch to Android use! The bios setting you have to change is Advanced tab…..System Component….MS Custom Sdbus Driver….set this to ENABLED and the SD Card should work fine! Access the X80 Pro bios menu via “UEFI setting” in Win 10 Settings…..Recovery menu.

I have it enabled by default in BIOS. When I disable it, the SD Card is not detected at all and I have yellow exclamation mark in device manager.
    My problem is that in My Computer there is a SD Card but with no partition and the whole Windows Explorer freeze and lag until I take the card off the slot.

Cube i7 Stylus User

Paolo
    Participant

Someone can put the photo to check the version number of the new drivers that are installed? thank you

Bruno
    Participant
     x80 plus model (H6C3) hope it helps.</p>
    Afrer having problems with SD  in windows eith  X80 plus (32 GB SD card)</p>
    I just made this: Went to BIOS (Keyboard  connected on OTG cable) and press ESC during tablet boot.</p>
    Entered BIOS:
    Bios – Advanced – System Component – MS Custom Sdbus Driver – Enable,  and Changed to Disabled</p>
    Funny but it works that way  for me.
    It was enabled by default . after disabling SD card  appeared in WIN, it doesn’t dissaper any more and it works fine. (Need to test more did it 10 minutes ago) but it seems to be OK.
    It is fine in android to, do not have bigger card than 32 GB to try but that was definitely problem in windows for me.,
    Did not change INTEL Drivers (using original SD bus win 10 drivers…..

WM
    Participant

I had also problems in windows with a 128GB SD card. (i’ve got a teclast x80 plus).
    I installed the drivers shown in this video:

You have do update all 3 sd drivers.
    They are unsigned, though you have to do this procedere:

How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8.1 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers)

Now everything works fine.

Blandroid
    Participant

But when I try to update the drivers, I get a message from Windows that it already has the most up-to-date driver installed?

Can you (or anyone) please share the method, step by step, of how to install these or any other drivers?

Thanks

Blandroid
    Participant

Go to Control panel , right click on the firmware icon and choose update device. Select automatic update using internet option , it should starts to download version 3.06. Once updated, reboot and wait for the system to apply the new firmware. You should be able to see that SD card can now be read in the file explorer. You must be sure that you have at least 80% of the battery juice before you update.

Can you please post a screenshot of the firmware icon in the Control Panel?

IDK what you’re referring to and have never seen this.

Thanks

Blandroid
    Participant

I’ve sorted it now by removing the Sandisk 32GB micro SD card and replacing it with a Kingston 32GB micro SD card.  I have no idea why the 2nd one works and the 1st one didn’t but there you go – something to try for those who haven’t already done so.

I didn’t do anything in the BIOS or update any drivers or anything and this is an X80 Pro tablet (delivered a couple of weeks ago from Geekbuying) I bought for my OH for Christmas.

I will (at last) be able to update the flipping thing and wrap it 😀

Edwin
    Participant

Just in case anyone has a read-fail like me – you need to install the replacement driver on top of the ‘Intel SD Host Controller’ (under ‘SD host adapaters’) in the Device Manager and not the “SD Storage Class Controller” (where the error is showing in the device manager). It took me a while to work this out after losing the SD Card on my X80 Pro. The Intel SD Host Controller was not showing any errors, but when the driver is replaced the error in the SD Storage Class Controller goes away and the SD Card magically re-appears.

Jakub
    Participant

Hello

I also had same problem with my Teclas x80. I followed the russian guide and it solved the issue of SD card which suddenly went a-wall

As no everyone speaks russian ( neither do I …did some google translate)

Here is what you have to do.

1. Open Windows Setting
    2. Open “Updates and Security”
    3. choose recovery
    4. choose advanced restart
    5. On Next screen , go for Solve Problems ( Icon with wrench and screwdriver )
    6. Advanced, Startup settings
    7. At this point make sure you have your USB OTG plugged in with keyboard, and Restart tablet with pressing the “Restart now”
    8. Tablet will reboot and On first screen you see different options to boot,  choose 7 or F7 to run Windows in mode which will allow to install unsigned drivers
    9. After reboot , go to Driver Manager and look for  Intel SD controller, not SD Storage Class controller which is with exclamation mark
    10. So in most cases updating one should do the trick but it can happen you need to update all 3. So tap and hold on one and Choose “Update Driver”
    11. Choose browse my computer
    12. This is important part…instead just choosing the driver ( which won’t do anything as windows will claim latest driver is installed ) You have to choose ” Pick other driver from list”
    13. On next screen choose “Have disk” and there you can pick your driver (downloaded and extracted from attachment)
    14. Windows will say that driver is not signed, with red cirle etc. ..just ignore it and install .
    15. If needed repeat procedure for other 2 .
    16. Restart and enjoy your SD card.
    17. In case SD card will disappear again , you can repeat steps 8-13 to have it back. You don’t have to launch Windows in Special startup mode as driver is already there . You just have to ensure that the correct one is installed to SD card controller

Hope it helps 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Elitenri
    Participant

Help me please i need dual boot. I want windows back.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password