Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) – Windows 10 -MicroSD-Problems (fast and large ones)

Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) – Windows 10 -MicroSD-Problems (fast and large ones)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) – Windows 10 -MicroSD-Problems (fast and large ones)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    faberia
    Participant

<b>1) MicroSD’s on Win 10 not found/loosing internal MicroSD slot media</b>

I bought the tablet for operations an data made with both OS. This is only possible usingt the MiscroSD. It is supposed (product description 128GB supported = reason for buying).

Unfortunately mostly all My MicroSD cards I tested, tryied to use have problems:
    <table>
    see the table in next contribution as an image
    </table>
    <i>yes= read & write</i>

* at the beginning these cards were mounted correctly until one of them was written in android, the cards are identiefied (may be securely unmounted), but no access by programms or explorer

The cards can be mounted temporarily, after using the windows

System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) (see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833), then insert SD when windows is running and restart. But the cards then don’t run stable (get lost when in use).

can alyone help? does anyone has the same probles or allready solved

thanks

faberia
    Participant

as the table is not shown here the teste sdcards as an image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Rubick
    Participant

Same problema here…

A Kingston 32GB XC Class10 U1 isn’t working and even isn’t detected (no sound when inserted)

Two Samsung 64GB XC Class10 U1 aren’t working but they are detected (sound is played when are inserted/removed)

A Netac 128GB XC U3 isn’t working, sound is played when inserted/removed but I can’t see it in Windows explorer.

All of them are working perfectly on the Android part so it can’t be a hardware problem… it’s the f*cking Windows drivers, come on TECLAST!!!

faberia
    Participant

it is a firmware problem with the dual boot configuration, not a windows problem itself. I’m hoping to get support from teclast together with my seller. on a precedater tablat, teclast solved the same problem with a firmware update.

Does anybody know about a already published firmware-update? thanks

faberia
    Participant

there is now published a new firmware for Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) (27.8.2016)

See details and downloads here:

http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/08/27/teclast-x98-plus-ii-c2d4-dual-os-windows-10-android-firmware_207118/

does someone already installe this firmware update? does it fix the microsd/TF-card problems?

thanks

Andy
    Participant

there is now published a new firmware for Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) (27.8.2016)

Looks like it is not a new one (Android 5.1_V1.05_20160617 & Windows 10_20160620), first mentioned here and later in that thread

faberia
    Participant

thanks andy, for the hint where this firmware update also has been mentionned. I now used the firmware update (with good english explanations) from the above posted geekbuying link . it worked well but, but unfortunatly it does not fix the sd-card issue

Dan Parchomovsky
    Participant

still sd card wont work =\ i reinstalled windows

David
    Participant

When I got my C2D4 tablet, SD card worked on both Android and Windows. After a short amount of time, It stopped reading in Windows. Didn’t really care for that since I used it mainly on Android. Now I can’t get it to recognize in Android either. Whether it’s on Stock Android, Remix OS, or even with root and in TWRP recovery, the micro SD card won’t read. On Android it keeps saying it’s safe to remove. Sometimes, the SD card will mount and read but it won’t stay like that forever. It’s annoying and I hope a firmware update can fix this issue like it did with the previous Plus model.

I do want to know if there is a way to restore the tablet back to factory settings. I know you can flash Android back using the Intel Flash tool and then install windows using a USB drive but that doesn’t reinstall the firmware that handles the dual booting, which is the cause of the SD card reading issue. Anyone have an idea on how to do it?

Dan Parchomovsky
    Participant

Hi, did anyone managed to solve the sd card problem? :/ still had no success.. Tried to reinstall drivers, reinstall window.. Noting.. Wrote couple times to Teclast support and GeekBuying, and haven’t got any response for months, GeekBuying asked me if i want to send back the tab.. But i know that there is no use in that :/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar