The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am starting a new thread so that owners of the original A5C6 Windows 10 only version will have a place to go to get info, tips and updates on new firmware that may be released by Teclast that apply to our tablets. There have been reports by members here of bricks of our version, first with confusion over the Teclast conversion to dual boot, and later with Gal’s bios post. I am going to compile info here for us A5C6 owners only, so the confusion with the A5C8 version should be minimized. I welcome all A5C6 owners to contribute, we are certainly going to be in the minority as Teclast quickly discontinued our version!

******* The BIOS files of the A5C6 and the A5C8 are not interchangeable ********

This rule seems to apply even AFTER an A5C6 tablet has been flashed with the A5C6 SPECIFIC dual boot conversion bios. White beware…ah..ah

LATEST BIOS:

A5C6 Windows 10 …………… tPad 1.02  12/11/2015
    A5C6 Dual Boot………………..tPad 1.02  01/22/2016

LATEST VIDEO DRIVERS:

A5C6 Windows 10……… 20.19.15.4331    2015-11-18

NOTES OF OTHER DRIVER UPDATES:

General Windows 10 Tips for X98 Plus
    These tips have been compiled from user advice posted in my other thread. Take it or leave it…up to you.

* Turn OFF the sliders for most of Microsoft’s privacy settings. Google search is your friend here 🙂
    * In settings>>ease of access>>other options turn OFF Show visual feedback and Play animations
    * In settings>>devices>>typing turn ON Add standard keyboard and Show Touch Keyboard
    * In settings>>privacy>>background apps and turn OFF any of the apps that you don’t use
    * Long press the taskbar speaker icon>>playback devices>>properties>>system effects>>turn OFF Equalizer
    * Put Windows Defender on the shelf and install a better firewall/antivirus solution. I use Zone Alarm free Antivrus + Firewall
    * Install an acurate battery taskbar icon like BatteryBar

Windows 10 GOD MODE:

You must have admin privileges, go to desktop>>right click mouse>>new folder.

Rename the folder by pasting in this:   GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

KNOWN ISSUES WITH THE X98 Plus A5C6 ( As of March 15,2016 )

•  There are issues with SD cards larger than 32GB
    •  Memory is running at 1066 Mhz not 1600 Mhz, although for me CPU-Z reports it as 800 x 2 = 1600 Mhz
    •  The recording of video in Windows Camera causes the app to crash
    •  After flashing the Dual Boot BIOS the rear camera no longer works (can someone confirm this?)
    •  We have not yet found a USB hub that will Charge + OTG at the same time.

A good thread here that has links to some nice lightweight apps that run well on the X98:

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/windows-software-for-low-performance-tablet/

Anonymous
    Inactive

HARDWARE BUTTON AND KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS

ON BOOT UP:

PWR + VOL UP…………………..Enter BIOS

PWR + VOL UP + VOL DN…..DNX FastBoot (Dual boot BIOS)

HOLD PWR for 10+ seconds..Hard Power Down

Power-up Keyboard Shortcuts:

ESC………….Enter BIOS

F7 ……………Boot Menu

IN WINDOWS:

PWR + VOL UP…………….Screen shot, stored in My Pictures, Screenshots. C: drive
    PWR + VOL DOWN………CTRL ALT DEL equivalent. Handy to get out of games, apps that misbehave!

Anonymous
    Inactive

RESERVED

Anonymous
    Inactive

Conversion to DUAL BOOT

prije svega splico
    Participant

Subscribed, Thanks

David
    Participant

Link to Dual Boot Bios –> https://mega.nz/#!9hARhIjB!HQBYB2bh4hZw_HncI9J1gD00dOHm59yCU6PhEH8pMW8

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

dualboot for A5C6 only !! here : https://yadi.sk/d/QIwNSqvmok2zQ

1. Downloading Bios A5C6 dualboot .
    2. Unpack to the tablet C: \ update_win
    3. Start from update_win update_win.bat file folder with Administrator privileges, waiting until everything is done !!
    4. Connecting the keyboard, reboot the tablet.
    5. When you restart clic Delete on keyboard – enter the Bios.
    6. flash my android rom using blank or restore option with phone tools (u can rezise android to 10gb then win10 will have 40gb instead 30gb look here : http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/resize-android-partition-the-easy-way-for-x98-serie/ )
    7. re-install win10

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks guys, keep it coming! I will compile the links to all the resources in the 3rd post once we get more posted.

What is the best tutorial to convert to dual boot? I know the Teclast ones had the step 13 screwup where they failed to mention the need for a hub with both usb drives plugged in at the same time?

I seemed to remember the boys on 4pda said the Spanish how-to was the best. Anyone have a link to that, or a better one that is tested to work?

Max

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

cant help you much since i own only A5C8 .. 🙁

im on spanish forum, but they dont mention about hub ….but anyway you need hub to re-install win10
    so in general hub is mandatory with teclast 🙂
    they say somthing like when flash the bios before reboot connect keyboard and mouse with usb hub and when flash finished reboot and hit del to enter the bios … i guess is highly manatory to enter straight in to de bios after flashing it … if not bick ? IDK

here is the tuto from spanish (with google translate)
    1. In the downloaded files is a folder called X98 Bios Plus, Open it and update_win movedla folder to the C: \ of the tablet, it is important that is to C: \ as the desktop or another will not work
    2. Once we have update_win in the folder C: \ we open and run as administrator update_win.bat in it. The dual bios flashing will start.
    3. Once the dual Bios flashed connect the hub to the tablet with the keyboard and mouse and turn on the tablet. When teclast letters appear repeatedly give the Del to enter the bios.
    4. On the main screen where OS puts bios IMAGE ID, select Android and under where it says DNX enable select Fast Boot. Now we go above where it says Save & Exit give to Save Changes and reset. We will restart the tablet and we’ll be out teclast logo with a yellow letters that will DNX FastBoot mode.
    5. Now connect the tablet to the computer and open the phone flash tool we have installed at the beginning of everything. In the blue browse button we go to the path where you unzipped the files from the beginning and within that we go to X98 Plus Android / Android / flash.json ie choose the file flash.json 6. After selecting this file where it says Configuration: drop – down menu select blank and can give start to flash
    7. When the process is complete the tablet will start in Android. Patience because it costs a bit the first time.
    8. Now time toinstall windows .. On the PC we catch a 8GB Pen and what format it in FAT32 windows and put the volume label WINPE
    9. Pen in that we put the files in the folder win10 X98 Plus and within that folder the folder with Chinese letters that puts WINPE. All those files within that folder must be in the root.
    10. Now we take another pen of at least 16GB and repeat the process but this what format it to NTFS and get back to put the WINPE label.
    11. This willput pen formatted in NTFS files that remain are the images folder and the other four starting with X98 Plus. They must be in the root folder and the images 4 files.
    12. Hub connected to the first pen the formatted FAT32
    13. We go back into the bios and the main screen windows OS image ID and select Save & Exit tab where it says Boot Override select the pen.
    14. The tablet will reboot and we will get a blue screen error with a sad face is normal .. wait for it to restart and when they leave letters teclast repeatedly pressing F7. we will get the boot menu. Reselect the PEN. Teclast letters iran and reappear again press F7 and reselect the pen and now if you wait for it to boot.
    15. When starting and we put out a message that plug into the hub starting timer other NTFS formatted pen without unplugging the other ie leave 2.
    16. Wait until the process is complete
    17. When the tablet windows will start a sign with a Chinese letters give the button on the left and wait for the tablet will restart.
    18. READY! Configure everything and you have the list teclast dual boot.

David
    Participant

cant help you much since i own only A5C8 .. :(<noscript>:(</noscript>im on spanish forum, but they dont mention about hub ….but anyway you need hub to re-install win10 so in general hub is mandatory with teclast :)<noscript>:)</noscript>they say somthing like when flash the bios before reboot connect keyboard and mouse with usb hub and when flash finished reboot and hit del to enter the bios … i guess is highly manatory to enter straight in to de bios after flashing it … if not bick ? IDK here is the tuto from spanish (with google translate) 1. In the downloaded files is a folder called X98 Bios Plus, Open it and update_win movedla folder to the C: \ of the tablet, it is important that is to C: \ as the desktop or another will not work 2. Once we have update_win in the folder C: \ we open and run as administrator update_win.bat in it. The dual bios flashing will start. 3. Once the dual Bios flashed connect the hub to the tablet with the keyboard and mouse and turn on the tablet. When teclast letters appear repeatedly give the Del to enter the bios. 4. On the main screen where OS puts bios IMAGE ID, select Android and under where it says DNX enable select Fast Boot. Now we go above where it says Save & Exit give to Save Changes and reset. We will restart the tablet and we’ll be out teclast logo with a yellow letters that will DNX FastBoot mode. 5. Now connect the tablet to the computer and open the phone flash tool we have installed at the beginning of everything. In the blue browse button we go to the path where you unzipped the files from the beginning and within that we go to X98 Plus Android / Android / flash.json ie choose the file flash.json 6. After selecting this file where it says Configuration: drop – down menu select blank and can give start to flash 7. When the process is complete the tablet will start in Android. Patience because it costs a bit the first time. 8. Now time toinstall windows .. On the PC we catch a 8GB Pen and what format it in FAT32 windows and put the volume label WINPE 9. Pen in that we put the files in the folder win10 X98 Plus and within that folder the folder with Chinese letters that puts WINPE. All those files within that folder must be in the root. 10. Now we take another pen of at least 16GB and repeat the process but this what format it to NTFS and get back to put the WINPE label. 11. This willput pen formatted in NTFS files that remain are the images folder and the other four starting with X98 Plus. They must be in the root folder and the images 4 files. 12. Hub connected to the first pen the formatted FAT32 13. We go back into the bios and the main screen windows OS image ID and select Save & Exit tab where it says Boot Override select the pen. 14. The tablet will reboot and we will get a blue screen error with a sad face is normal .. wait for it to restart and when they leave letters teclast repeatedly pressing F7. we will get the boot menu. Reselect the PEN. Teclast letters iran and reappear again press F7 and reselect the pen and now if you wait for it to boot. 15. When starting and we put out a message that plug into the hub starting timer other NTFS formatted pen without unplugging the other ie leave 2. 16. Wait until the process is complete 17. When the tablet windows will start a sign with a Chinese letters give the button on the left and wait for the tablet will restart. 18. READY! Configure everything and you have the list teclast dual boot.

This is my tutorial on htcmania.com i can translate it to english if any step is not understood. Please tell me if any step is not understood.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Thanks David 🙂

deadby15
    Participant

Hi,

I have A5C6 but flashed the wrong firmware (for A5C8) and bricked it.  Is there any way I could unbrick it?

David
    Participant

Hi, I have A5C6 but flashed the wrong firmware (for A5C8) and bricked it. Is there any way I could unbrick it?

You flashed the new bios that fix sd problem?

You can fix the bios with a programmer. You need this http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/bios-update-fail-helllppp-please/

deadby15
    Participant

I need to buy a soic test clip, too, right?

Samuel Hart
    Participant

Have they given up with ac56 updates then 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password