The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion The X98 Plus A5C6 Tips & Resource Thread

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Tommy
    Participant

Just as Feedback: I managed to update my A5C6 to Dualboot BIOS with the Link provided by spzjulien here: https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/the-x98-plus-a5c6-tips-resource-thread/#post-29565

I used Partition Wizard 9.1 to repartion the internal Flash Drive to 39GB Windows / 20GB Free-to-Use , then rebooted the Tablet to let Partition Wizard do its magic, and the Windows is still working after that. No Reinstall needed.

Now moving on to install a second OS (preferrably Linux, but we’ll see) ūüôā

Tommy
    Participant

Sorry for the Spam ūüėÄ

a Little update to toggle some rethinking: Could the “SD-Card Problem” be related to the Dual-Boot Bios?

Before i did the update, i had only ONE 32GB Sandisk Ultra card that did not work correct (Yellow Triangle in Device Manager).

Now after the Dualboot Update, 2 Samsung Evo+ 32GB also have the Yellow Triangle in Device Manager. And my common used 64GB Kingston doest not get recognized at all.This is all for Windows 10 Anniversary, on Linux both Samsung’s work just fine. BUT the Kingston is also not recognized under Linux.

I got a USB hub with 3x USB, SD and micro SD slot, all cards work flawless on both OS.

Unfortunatelly there is no way back … i wasted some time yesterday to find the Single Boot BIOS to get back how it was, with no success :/

Franzli
    Participant

I just converted¬†an A5C6 to the dual boot BIOS and have two short questions about other people’s experience.

1. For some reason, the camera doesn’t seem to work on either the Stock ROM, nor RemixOS, nor mirek v3. I tried each of them with a clean flash via the Intel flash tool, and in all cases the camera app tells me it cannot find the camera (I also tried opencamera on stock and mirek to check whether it’s only a problem with the camera app).¬†Has anyone else experienced this issue with the camera, is this just the way it is? I saw some comments from people with the A5C8 complaining about¬†bad camera quality on¬†mirek’s ROM,¬†and some people on other pages saying they’ve got a problem with the camera on A5C6, but I never saw a general warning that there won’t be a working¬†camera on Android if you convert to dual boot… Any input welcome!
    2. The standard tutorials involve¬†installing the teclast provided version of Windows. Has anyone tried installing a plain Windows from USB-stick? As the creator’s update just came out I’m reluctant to install the old teclast version and then go through the upgrade process rather than just¬†installing a clean slate version. I’m aware that I’ll need to install the drivers for touch etc. afterwards, but is there anything else to take care of? Will this work with the boot menu on startup, where you pick Android or Windows?
    Tommy
    Participant

Hey, for 1) As far as I have read,it is “normal” that the cameras won’t work after flashing the new bios. But since the cameras are crap,I didn’t even test them.

For 2) I _am_ using a normal windows installation. I can’t see any difference. BUT it is important to use a Double Driver backup of the drivers, simply using the drivers via a normal installation process won’t work properly.

Franzli
    Participant

Thanks!

re 1) Cameras: yes, I wouldn’t expect them to be good either, but it would be nice to have them working at least for skype and such. So there’s no way to get the camera¬†running? At least I don’t feel bad for going for missing out on the camera when I go to either Remix or mirek if it’s broken even on stock…

re 2) Great to hear that that it’s working fine! Not sure what you mean by Double Driver backup though? I’ve been able to reinstall everything previously using the drivers provided on techtablets when the drivers seem to have gone missing after the regular windows upgrade process.

Franzli
    Participant

Hey, for 1) As far as I have read,it is ‚Äúnormal‚ÄĚ that the cameras won‚Äôt work after flashing the new bios. But since the cameras are crap,I didn‚Äôt even test them. For 2) I _am_ using a normal windows installation. I can‚Äôt see any difference. BUT it is important to use a Double Driver backup of the drivers, simply using the drivers via a normal installation process won‚Äôt work properly.

Another short question, how do you perform the normal Windows installation?¬†I’ve flashed Android and wanted to proceed¬†installing Windows, but either it doesn’t boot to the USB installation disk at all and goes directly to Android, or it gives me a blue screen saying I should tell a service person that I got an ACPI BIOS ERROR. Any way to installa from normal boot medium, or do I have to go through the teclast installation process with two USB sticks?

Tommy
    Participant

I dont know if the Android Installation changed anything(but i doubt it), i am using the dual Boot for Windows/Ubuntu. But i used the normal Windows “make me an USB install stick” and used keyboard+mouse (either you access the USB stick via BIOS or… I think it was F7 on the keyboard)

And: Double Driver is a Software used to backup your existing drivers, you can choose any driver seperately.

Franzli
    Participant

I dont know if the Android Installation changed anything(but i doubt it), i am using the dual Boot for Windows/Ubuntu. But i used the normal Windows ‚Äúmake me an USB install stick‚ÄĚ and used keyboard+mouse (either you access the USB stick via BIOS or‚Ķ I think it was F7 on the keyboard) And: Double Driver is a Software used to backup your existing drivers, you can choose any driver seperately.

Thanks again for your reply!

So do I understand correctly that you don’t have the dual boot bios installed? I suspect that this might make the difference and require something special for the Windows installation…

I just tried and noticed that I can boot into a live USB stick of Bliss-x86, an Android N version. This looks like there’s something¬†wrong with the Windows boot medium – but that boots just fine on another PC, suggesting that there is some problem with the Bios.¬†I¬†suspect it’s got to do with the choice menu on startup, where you pick¬†Android or Windows. Must need something special for it deal with Windows?

Tommy
    Participant

No no,i _do_ have the dual Boot  BIOS, i just redirected the Android part to Boot Ubuntu instead.

But now that i think of it, i did not reinstall Windows _after_ i flashed the dual Boot BIOS, when i geht the time i will test a Windows USB stick and see what my tablet does.

And Linux grub bootloader is known to mess up the Windows bootloader,i expect nothing less from Android (but dont know for sure since i dont use Android).

Franzli
    Participant

Ok, I figured it out with the help of various tutorials, what helped most was the one on the first page of this thread and a Russian one here (https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=707903&st=580#entry47077014).

The crucial bit,¬†even if you just want to install from¬†scratch, is how to boot into the installation medium (step 13 in the tutorial on page 1):¬†Contrary to what the teclast page says, do NOT enable the DNX mode in BIOS, but make sure OS ID is set to Windows, not Android. Then select¬†the USB stick that you want to install from. With Windows installation media, for some reason you¬†normally get the ūüôĀ sad face with the error I mentioned earlier. That is fine – just wait for it to reboot and when the Teclast logo appears again (takes a bit)¬†press F7 until you get to chose the boot medium and choose your Windows installation stick again.¬†Shortly after that, you’ll see the Teclast logo again. It may be that you could be able to boot at this point already, but for safety I did the same routine as above two more times, i.e. once the teclast logo shows press F7, choose USB stick to boot from. Eventually you’ll boot into your installation medium.

One further hint that I found was only clear on the Russian page (step 13 there as well): if you want to¬†install using the Teclast supplied images, you’re supposed to have a smaller and a larger USB. For booting, only have the smaller (8G) one connected to the computer – only insert the second one once you get to the Windows dosbox screen saying “wpeinit”! I had them both connected on boot and tried numerous times until I found out what the problem was.

I¬†would have been able to use the newest Windows iso as well, but had made a mistake writing down the¬†registration key on the original install, and I wasn’t sure if it would properly activate afterwards.¬†The teclast image¬†comes with activation key, so that’s good.

Tommy
    Participant
    Franzli
    Participant

Thanks a ton!!¬†I hadn’t seen that, thought the dual boot was the final Bios update for the device. Camera working now in Windows and Android, yay!

vierconbruyo
    Participant

Hey , I have been trying to flash android on my teclas x98 plus, however I have only find the instructions about installing the new bios. Can anyone tell me how  to flash android and where to download a proper rom?  Thanks for starting this feed.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password