thermal, ssd, and weight modification

thermal, ssd, and weight modification

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book thermal, ssd, and weight modification

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    nipaph
    Participant

have you seen the pics here?  http://www.nipaph.com/hacking/cube-i7-book-hack/

Rohan Elwadhi
    Participant

I have, but you do not mention are/where the screws need to open the keyboard, as well as the metal frame. You mention that is difficult, but not the procedure in how to get it done.

Thanks.

Johan Israelsson
    Participant

Just ordered a 0,5mm thermal pad. Just going for an easy mod, thermal pad on top of original heatsink. starting with 0,5mm. Ifs not thick enough I just put Another on top makin it 1mm.

nipaph
    Participant

No screws, to open the keyboard, just inside to remove the circuit board to allow the metal plate to be removed.

To open the keyboard you need to use a plastic tool to avoid scratches. You can start near the usb port pressing in the junction, and going all around. I’ve used these tools.

Koray K
    Participant

Nipaph, as far as I can see you only glued a thermal pad on the heatsink rather than adding a copper plate or something like that between the cpu and the heatsink. Did you measure how much difference in the maximum temperatures your mod achieves? I don’t want to bother wth the copper heatsink, but I can add a thermal pad when I open the tablet up for upgrading the SSD.

nipaph
    Participant

I measured about 10 °C less with the mod doing some benkmark tests.

I did this easy mod because i read somewhere that with the ‘hard mod’ there weren’t much difference.

<hr />

Koray K
    Participant

Thanks, 10 °C is good enough for me 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar