Transend 256GB, SSD Upgrade

Transend 256GB, SSD Upgrade

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Transend 256GB, SSD Upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Rubén
    Participant

Damnit so the m2 port is much closer to the edge then….

It could be possible with something like this?

http://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server5600/5a8d4/products/464/images/895/P16S_P16F_1__46276.1393265464.1280.1280.jpg

Katagiri
    Participant

Hey, guys!

I just bought my Cube i7 Book and I’ll might upgrade its SSD. Can you tell me where are you buying cheaper SSDs? Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Nevermind, AliExpress app showed me the right Kingspec store.

Windave
    Participant

I am about to upgrade to a 128GB ZTC Armor 42mm SSD, which, if you believe them, has the best published “Write” specs compared with Transcend or others. The “Read” specs seem similar to other SSDs – it’s the “Write” specs where the ZTC claims to excel.

We will see shortly!

Wylver
    Participant

Honestly I’ve never heard of ZTC.

Be wary since claims and actual performance can be totaly different.

You might want to check the customer pictures on amazon.com before buying.

Most benchmarks pictures on amazon show the ZTC Armor to only reach about 150 write speed whereas the transcend does 300, heck on the first post in this thread Chris showed a benchmark score of 390 (but keep in mind it is a 256gb drive which will almost always outperform the 128gb drive from the same manufaturer).

Furthermore I know nothing about ZTC, it’s unknown what controllers they use and how their warranty works, therefore I would prefer the Transcend, especially considering it’s about the same price.

But if you do buy the ZTC please let us know how the performance is in this thread.

Windave
    Participant

Supposed specs are here…

128GB ZTC Armor M.2 NGFF Solid State Disk with high-speed SATA 6Gbps interface. 42mm SSD for ultrabooks, tablets and other compact laptop computers. Built using Toggle 2.0 MLC Flash chips, this M.2 NGFF SSD features Phison S9 controller and read speed up to 550MB/sec (write speed up to 490MB/sec).

Well aware of words “up to”!

Buying it from here…..

https://www.memoryc.ie/storage/ssd/128gb-ztc-armor-42mm-m2-ngff-6g-ssd-solid-state-disk.html

Waiting for delivery, so as I said, we will see.

If it doesn’t meet or come close to the Write specs, it will go back for refund!

Emilio
    Participant

Hi
    I have seen the 128GB ZTC 1 € more expensive in Amazon but if you have premiun maybe it comes out better by the warranty of amazon and 256 GB ZTC if that comes cheaper, because with premium you save the shipment. Just to inform you guys.

128GB ZTC M2:
    https://www.amazon.es/128GB-ZTC-status-sky-disc-ZTC-SM201/dp/B00IZNYDBG</span&gt;

Wylver
    Participant

Not everyone uses amazon.es … 😉

But as far as i’ve seen on amazon.com and amazon.de the ZTC is around the same price as the Transcend +- couple %, but nothing to write home about.

What amazon warranty are you talking about? The most important thing is the manufacturer warranty and how the handly RMA’s. And even mor important is the lenght of warranty.

I really don’t want to be the one calling names but I don’t think ZTC builds any good SSD’s for the pricerange they sell them at. Never heard of that company but still asking prices like the big guys. I just hope I’m wrong and there is more variety on the market but will stick to buying a Transcend SSD for now.

Emilio
    Participant

In Spain at least with my Amazon premium account if the company you bought does not take care of them without problems they collect the product totally free and they return all the money that you paid without asking questions at least that is my experience.

But you’re right Wilver never heard of the ZTC company. Windave will tell us about the memory I hope.ZTC deserves a chance. Obviously transcend already has a reputation but they all start being unknown.

Windave sends a message with screenshots of speeds and experience thanks.

Wylver
    Participant

Yeah, but what happens if the drive fails you after 30 months (2,5 years)? Does amazon still take care of it? I highly doubt it!

That’s where you need the official warranty and at least in  Austria&Germany I know that the Transcend drive has 3 years of warranty that I can trust in.

We’re talking about storage space that can fail you over a longer period of time, that’s why a warranty isn’t the worst to have.

Windave
    Participant

I’m buying the ZTC from MemoryC.com. It should arrive in the next few days. For me it’s a bit of an experiment to see how it performs in my Cube i7 book and in an HP ProBook I have. The ZTC uses similar chips to MyDigitalSSD product. The top spec MyDigitalSSD 128GB Super Boot 2 uses Toshiba Toggle plus Phison PS3111 chips and appears to have circa 500MB/s speed for both Read and Write…..anyone any knowledge of this?

Also, have been trying to find website for ZTC. Any knowledge re this please?

Windave
    Participant
    Windave
    Participant

FYI, apparently ZTC are “relaunching” their website in a couple of weeks time…..watch that space!

Katagiri
    Participant
    Windave
    Participant

Their prices seem very attractive but no experience yet as they are in the US and I’m in the UK! The Super Boot 2 drive appears to have great specs but doesn’t seem to have reached UK suppliers and as it costs around US$30 to ship from the US, I will wait a while.

Katagiri
    Participant

For me it’s better to buy from an international store, the SSDs I found here costs from 150USD to 235USD. High taxes, we have no other way. I’ll try to research a little about that store.

At least looks like my parents are going to the US next year, I can ask them to sneak a SSD for me to avoid taxes.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password