Ubuntu on Lapbook SE

Ubuntu on Lapbook SE

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi LapBook Series Ubuntu on Lapbook SE

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    robodude2829
    Participant

Hi! I tried on Chuwi Lapbook SE Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (i don’t remember the kernel version at the moment) in live by usb. All the peripherals seem to work excluding the webcam as you said. I only have same troubles with pinch-to-zoom, it does not seem to work!!! Do you have the same problem? Regards. Juri.

I have had better luck with Elementary OS than with Ubuntu. I found the OS to run smoother and overall just be a better experience. Yes, pinch to zoom does seem to be an issue. I may try Manjaro or Arch in the device at some point, but at this point I prefer to keep it with something I don’t have to worry about accidentally breaking (bad memories of the first arch install I screwed up after using for a while).

Brad
    Participant

I don’t have time to debate with an idiot who uses terms like “fan-boy”.  Go troll somewhere else.

robodude2829
    Participant

I don’t have time to debate with an idiot who uses terms like “fan-boy”. Go troll somewhere else.

Not gonna lie, you were definitely a larg part of why I was willing to risk it on the Chuwi. I’ve seen how active and helpful you are on this forum and figured if I had trouble with it from the start I could get help from you. Thanks for the time you put in on here!

ReidenXerx
    Participant

I don’t have time to debate with an idiot who uses terms like “fan-boy”. Go troll somewhere else.

yeah, when you are brainless fan-boy you cant debate you can only abuse opponent XD

ReidenXerx
    Participant

Not gonna lie, you were definitely a larg part of why I was willing to risk it on the Chuwi. I’ve seen how active and helpful you are on this forum and figured if I had trouble with it from the start I could get help from you. Thanks for the time you put in on here!

i believe he can give very “smart” advices XD

marco_eba
    Participant

Hi all,

I am using elementary os on lapbook se.

Works fine except of the webcam.

I had to upgrade the kernel to version 4.20 to avoid the touchpad to freeze every few minutes.

So if you find bugs other than the cam I suggest to update kernel and should solve.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Thanks

Fernando
    Participant

Hello. I install the Ubuntu 18.04 in my Chuwi and works good. The câmera works with Gucview. In Cheese dont work. Works all but keeps the poor Intel drivers and in my case i maded the turbo boost and amplify the video card shared Memory to 512mb. Become faster and hot. Now i will made the heatsink mod.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar