USB-C port – display out issues

USB-C port – display out issues

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube Thinker USB-C port – display out issues

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    majkel_94
    Participant

I’ve just received this usb-c to hdmi adapter:
    http://www.iczitech.com/product/product/index/id/231

The problem is that it’s not working. I’ve checked the usb-c port with pendrive and usb->usb-c adapter and it’s not working too, even with usb mouse.
    So I’ve tried to charge it through the usb-c port and it’s working. Then I’ve tried to charge the power bank from the usb-c port – no success. Connect smartphone – no success.

I’ve seen that on review @Cris was using usb-c hub with external power supply and it was working for him.
    So I would like to ask if you are able to power up HDD/mouse directly through the usb-c port?

I think that the usb-c port is like the one in Cube i7 Book that you need an hub with external power supply to power up the devices and make it works.
    Is that right? Or I have a faulty unit (or the usb-.usb-c adapter)?

Thanks for help!

Cube i7 Stylus User

Trilis
    Participant

i’m using havit hub without power hdmi works 🙂

majkel_94
    Participant

Thanks! Can you connect an USB mouse through an adapter or the hub without the external power supply?
    I just think that my unit is broken and don’t provide power, only charging works, USB LEDs lights up only on USB-A port.

Maybe I need to install some drivers?

Cube i7 Stylus User

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks! Can you connect an USB mouse through an adapter or the hub without the external power supply? I just think that my unit is broken and don’t provide power, only charging works, USB LEDs lights up only on USB-A port. Maybe I need to install some drivers?

I have my THinker i35 still and yes, I can use the type-c port without power just fine for everything. With or without the hub, HDD, my mouse etc with a type-c to USB adaptor. This is with my havit hub as seen in my videos. I use it all the time with my Thinker connected up to my monitor for a fanless desktop.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

majkel_94
    Participant

Ok, case solved – my adapter was faulty, the new one allows me to connect the pendrive, etc.

However the ICZI USB-C HDMI adapter still doesn’t work. I will try the Chris’s drivers backup, maybe there is some issue with Intel GPU drivers.

Cube i7 Stylus User

majkel_94
    Participant

So, I’ve checked and the adapter works on the new MacBook. It means that:
    a) Cube Thinker has HDMI alternate mode on USB-C (not DisplayPort)
    b) there’s something wrong with the Intel drivers that doesn’t detect external display

@Cris, can you tell me more about you adapters? Do you know if they works with Macbooks or what alternate mode they support?
    Thanks! 😀

Cube i7 Stylus User

majkel_94
    Participant

Bump @chris, can you tell me sth about your adapters? 😉

Cube i7 Stylus User

Chris G
    Keymaster

Sorry, I don’t own any macs so can’t test that. I have a Havit brand one that is working up to 4k30hz. And the that also worked for get the name of it.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

majkel_94
    Participant

Thay claim that it works with new Macbooks:
    https://www.amazon.com/Support-Delivery-Charging-SuperSpeed-MacBook/dp/B01IHJVZ4U

So Thinker has DP-alternate mode and the only option is that I’ve lost some drivers after reinstalling the OS. Or maybe this is the only broken part of my unit?

Cube i7 Stylus User

Nimi Erkki
    Participant

I have issue with usb c to hdmi cable. I bought it from ebay. When i put cable between laptop and tv, videos on tv will flicker.

Is there any settings that i can adjust on windows or can you guys recommend some good usb c to hdmi cable / adapter?

Nimi Erkki
    Participant

Anyone?

majkel_94
    Participant

I am still looking for a proper usb-c to hdmi adapter. The recommended havit hub seems sold out.

Cube i7 Stylus User

Carlos
    Participant

Gearbest:Maikou 7 in 1 Type-C to 2 USB 3.0 Hub - SILVER https://gearbest.app.link/zoJ92u1QcO
    This hub works great on the thinker. I tested HDMI external display (24″ 1080p) and worked perfectly

majkel_94
    Participant

@Carlos Gearbest has discontinued selling this hub, is this the same one that you have?
    http://www.dx.com/p/maikou-7-in-1-type-c-to-2-port-usb3-0-hub-sd-tf-card-reader-w-hdmi-gigabit-lan-silver-488737

Cube i7 Stylus User

Carlos
    Participant

Yes, that’s the hub

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password