Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    George
    Participant

Hello.
    Here we can have a discussion about the anniversary update of windows 10.
    So you can share your experience if you want it.

I’m a new member but I follow this site/forum for a long time.
    Have a nice day.
    George 🙂

silverstar
    Participant

I just installed it last night, took ages so I let it run overnight and woke up today to the new build.

It changed some settings. Sneaky of them. One of my apps (touch studio) didn’t work. Other than that, everything (namely firefox, touch, videos, explorer) seems to work fine.

The install itself wasn’t too bad. I only had 5gb free and it didn’t give me grief like 1511 update did.

George
    Participant

How much empty space do you have right now?
    I have only 3gb is it possible to update?

silverstar
    Participant

I don’t know tbh, I didn’t think mine could update with 5gb either, but it did. So just try, it will tell u if it needed more space during the update process. Just to clarify, I already have the 1511 update.

Just a note: review all the privacy stuff, the ones I disabled seem to have turned on with this update.

for those asked abt my disk space etc, finally managed to upload screenie.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    George
    Participant

I will try to keep it outdated for a while…1 or 2 weeks then I will update it.

Alvin
    Participant

how do you install the update?? i just got it today… it only has 2gb free space… i cant even install other updates.

silverstar
    Participant

I used media creation tool to download the iso and then used rufus to create the USB because I was updating my PC+notebook too. Just run setup.exe from USB if it doesn’t autostart.

Try running disk cleanup b4 and after the update, this will free up space usually.

Alvin
    Participant

let me try that too..

i am stuck on installing cumulative update 1511.

is that a way to resize the existing partitions? i feel like there is more that enough space in android. 7gb free, but in windows only 1gb now, coz of the huge pagefile.sys

BTW, there is a update released by cube.

http://www.51cube.com/ch/DownShow.asp?ID=414

is this any newer than the one comes with the device?

George
    Participant

I can’t download the file… it gives me an error.

Alvin
    Participant

U need to install the baidu cloud software.

http://pan.baidu.com/download

Have a USB stick now. But still not working. need 4gb free space, which I don’t have.

George
    Participant

4gb space to upgrade? This update file by cube isn’t flashable? Or is just an windows update?
    Where can I find more info?

Alvin
    Participant

I used media creation tool to download the iso and then used rufus to create the USB because I was updating my PC+notebook too. Just run setup.exe from USB if it doesn’t autostart. Try running disk cleanup b4 and after the update, this will free up space usually.

I was referring to this.

I haven’t try to flash the firmware yet..

Alvin
    Participant

do we have the same device… i have a iwork air with duo os.

my windows only has 15.5 gb in total, but not 21gb

silverstar
    Participant

I don’t have the AIR version, mine is the older ultimate iwork8. The reason I have 21gb is I used the modded teclast gpt.bin to reduce the android paritions. There is an cube version which I haven’t tried. Its a tedious process that involves u wiping out everything.

The other suggestion I have is backup your drivers, windows and do a clean install, but tbh after a few days with anniversary update, I’m getting pretty annoyed with it.

Eric Dunn
    Participant

I have an AIR. I like the anniversary update on my laptop. Edge works great with extensions. Looks like the only way to get it is to increase the windows partition size. So

I don’t have the AIR version, mine is the older ultimate iwork8. The reason I have 21gb is I used the modded teclast gpt.bin to reduce the android paritions. There is an cube version which I haven’t tried. Its a tedious process that involves u wiping out everything.

The other suggestion I have is backup your drivers, windows and do a clean install, but tbh after a few days with anniversary update, I’m getting pretty annoyed with it.

I have an AIR. I like the anniversary update on my laptop. Edge works great with extensions. Looks like the only way to get it is to increase the windows partition size. So this cube-version of how to increase partition sizes. Do you know where one can find this?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar