Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums iwork8 Ultimate / iwork8 Air Discussion Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    disqus_H0jjm9O1XF
    Participant

Hello I got an iWork Air yesterday and today I did to it the same procedure as my Teclast tablet. Booted with a pen-drive with Windows 10 64 bits (32 bits seems that it is not supported)  versión 1607. Erased all partitions and installed Windows.  Then downloaded and uncompressed the drivers from this web to the pen-drive and installed drivers for all devices marked as unknown in device manager.  After connecting it to my WiFi, Windows got activated and started installing updates. Touch screen Works fine after copying the files to \Windows\system32\drivers

For me it has worked exactly like the other chinese Windows tablets that have passed through my hands. In a tablet with only 32 GB of storage I prefer to use it all for Windows.

Frank
    Participant

“Erased all partitions and installed Windows.”

So all you have now are the 3  partitions created by Windows ?

Did you change any settings in Bios ?

disqus_H0jjm9O1XF
    Participant

Yes, you have to disable “Fast boot” in the 4th tab.

Then whe booting you’ll see the American Megatrends (maker of the BIOS) logo, instead of the Cube logo (in Chinese)

In the BIOS in the rightmost tab, you select boot override, and select the pen-drive with Windows 64 bits, install it normally. When finished you’ll have a lot of “Unknown” devices in Device manager.  Go to settings – Update and security – recovery. Reboot to disable the check for signed drivers.  That way you can install the drivers for all devices.

For me all devices work fine after installing the drivers downloaded from this web site.  I had experience doing this on Teclast tablets, and this one seems to be almost exactly the same hardware internally, the steps are the same.

GG
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    i’ve ordered an “Air” now (not yet here) and want to install “Win 10 Anniversary (1607) Pro” (and remove the complete Android stuff).
    Before i do this i’d like to get a confirmation that this procedure will not brick my device:

My HW & SW:
    1) Cube iWork 8 Air
    2) 32GB SD-Card
    3) Win7-Pro key
    4) powered USB-Hub
    5) 16GB USB-Stick (bootable, prepared with Win10Pro-1607-x64 install image)
    6) USB keyboard
    7) USB mouse

-> connect USB to the USB-hub with 1) power, 2) keyboard, 3) mouse
    -> fully charge the tablet
    -> disable “Fast BOOT” in BIOS
    -> make a driver backup from the original Windows with double-driver to the SD card or an USB stick
    -> note Win 10 Home key (for later use)
    -> convert Win 10 Home to Win 10 Pro with the “magic” Pro key “VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T” and after that activate with my own Win7-Pro key
    -> boot from the USB stick with Win-1607-x64-pro install-image
    -> during installation delete all partitions (all 12 !) and install just like on a normal PC
    -> boot into Win 10 Pro and restore drivers with double-driver
    -> reboot & run windows-update

Does anyone expect any problems with this procedure ?

OptoMan
    Participant

dono how you plan to get rid of android stuff — if you have the android flash udisk ready you’re not bricked =)  I probably NOT going to do this, but tentative outline would be ..

link your new tablet’s win10 key to microsoft account

try your double driver backup

boot to win10 install usb and with keyboard (good luck getting power to tablet at same), custom install so you can see when you’re about to mess with partitions, and before committing any custom partition layout changes, shift+f10 to get to command prompt, and from diskpart: select disk <system drive> ; clean ; convert gpt ; exit.

for good measure, exit installer and reboot, win10 installer should sense uefi boot instead of bios and create all proper partitions (efi, msr, system, recovery?).  might ought to research partition sizing and size of your storage do to ‘custom’ install .. 50/100/allexceptfor../500 sounds good..

don’t enter prodkey during setup and select edition, pro, and once online, add your 7 pro prodkey.  connect activated device with your ms account.

somewhere in there use keyboard and mouse if you want to install backed up drivers or driverpack from here

that a direct way that’s close to what you’ve got going.  also easy to download windows only for your dev and change editions.  I like change editions, kill android and bypass boot manager.

OptoMan
    Participant

done repeating myself for a few weeks .. I think that’s what I was going for =) let’s be around

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar