X80 Pro Root

X80 Pro Root

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Pro Root

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Bellerophon
    Participant

Anyone figure out a method to root this device? I’ve tried Kingroot, iRoot and Kingo, but they all fail.

Thanks!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I want to be root on this tablet , especially to move applications to the SD card.

Now you can do the teclast x98 root plus, which is identical to this except for the screen is lower resolution.

I think someone tried and did not work out . Mind, to see if anyone could.

Greetings, and thank you in advance.

Bellerophon
    Participant

I tried the x98 method with the x80 pro, but it didn’t work 🙁

fridlack
    Participant

Did you tried this guide

https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://tuxnews.it/guida-root-e-recovery-su-teclast-x80plus/&prev=search

It’s for the plus variant but maybe works because the hardware are the same

Regards

Anonymous
    Inactive

You could look at the post number 9 of this forum?

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=741990

“He wanted to get ROOT-law. Not finding anywhere any tools and instructions, decided to try to take advantage of the tools and instructions in this next branch , which discusses <b>Teclast X98 Plus</b> it has the same processor and OS, I thought that may come up. According tothis link had two files, just ROOT-law, and ROOT-law with the tweaks. Damn me and I ask dergnul ROOT with tweaks. Flasher program replaces the BOOT in my tablet, and now the screen is inverted, and the touch screen not adequately responsive to touch (browses but does not click on the icons as if it were they are not), says “there is no SIM-card.” I have a USB-debugging enabled, and flashed more I can. But how to change your BOOT back is not clear.
    I downloaded the firmware is running Android 5.1 tablet for our X80 Pro (v.1.04) and decided to try it, pulled out of the BOOT firmware, threw in a folder with the BAT-file that I ruined your plate, punched, firmware has passed, the bOOT replacement, but Android is not loaded, graffiti TECLAST all ends. I replaced back I BOOT for X98 Plus, the same picture with inverted screen inadequate touchscreen performance.
    Trying to reinstall android fails due to an error in the Recovery mode. At the same time how to set himself stupidly Recovery program Intel Phone Flash Tool is not clear. Please help with advice, who knows what.
    Thank you. The UPD. After another run proshivalschika decided to reflash the tablet Recover mode, and firmware burst into a tablet without errors.”

Regards

Bellerophon
    Participant

Did you tried this guide https://translate.google.es/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://tuxnews.it/guida-root-e-recovery-su-teclast-x80plus/&prev=search It’s for the plus variant but maybe works because the hardware are the same Regards

Just tried it. Everything goes well until I have to enter the Recovery Mode. When I select Recovery Mode, I get the picture of the dead Android with a red exclamation mark coming out of its chest. I tried using both CWM and TWRP from the tutorial and I get the same result each time I get to the Recovery Mode.

Bellerophon
    Participant

Just to add, in the comment section of the link, the guy who is complaining about a bunch of FAILED errors after selecting the boot mode– that is exactly what is happening to me. I’ve tried another PC and the same thing happens.

Odi Odi
    Participant

its not working !!! if you do with x98 root files its shits up your resoluton becouse its different model and boot img files, if you try  x80pro from tuxnews way, it is also not working ! i tried on many pc on different systems and all available ways it just dont work u dont have permission becouse bootloader is locked and no files cant be written!! Somebody must prepare proper files to this model …. 😛 really this tablet is shit without root !! No space for anything !!!

Sean Fitzgerald
    Participant

Okay guys…. I’ve been lurking too long.

I agree with the consensus of X80pro owners — it’s one of — or the best tablets in it’s price class… except one thing… No SD available for app storage.

My old tablet — a Verizon Ellipsis 7 (made by Quanta) had the same issue of insufficient app storage space due to shared space with the OS and not being able to “legally” move apps to the SD card.

[The issue was solved by getting root — super easy using KingRoot and then using Vicky’s APPS2SD app, it was very seamless!]

We need root!

For the last month I’ve been searching all over including giving google translate a workout with checking out Mexican, Russian, French, Chinese and Italian websites for answers. Most give false hope… no one has directly confirmed a X80Pro getting root. The only thing we actually know is that we have hundreds of pissed-off users who are getting really frustrated over not getting correct information.

Out-of-the-box, these “fixes” don’t work:

IntelAndroid-FBRL-07-24-2015.7z
    Root Teclast X80Plus TuxNews.it.zip
    CWM-SuperSU-v0.94.zip
    UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.65-20151226141550.zip
    X98_PRO_5.1.1root.exe
    Superuser.apk (in all of it’s forms)
    as well as quite a few PC and Android’s: King, Kingo and iroot boot unlockers (and all their malware/adware ridden versions).

Making the following changes… no luck:
    In the Android settings
    Developer options — Allow OEM unlocking
    In the 3.05 BIOS (that just came out):
    Advanced>Security>TXE Unconfiguration Perform (RAN option)
    Chipset>Southbridge> RTC Lock DISABLED
    Chipset>Southbridge> BIOS Read/Write Protection DISABLED
    Security> Secure Boot menu > Secure boot DISABLED

What we DO know:
    It’s really tough to brick an X80pro… I’m guessing for the same reason we don’t have root.

<sigh>

Odi Odi
    Participant

Yes this is very frustrating i can`t do anything on this tablet  no storage place and no place for installl any apps 😛 really this tables is uselles 😛 me and my friend was trying for over a month i even join some chinese forums and nothing… only once i had a root on x80pro but the resolution was fcked up and touch sensor not working, but there was a root but i was using keyboard on this and simply it was not working, but root was granted on x98way root :P… so only way is to prepare and rewrite the files fromboot.img and make it happen:) i cant programme so i can only wait like u all ;P if somebody will know a way for a proper root, post it here !!! THANKs

vpghrlm
    Participant

Root works fine just use the X80 plus guidance in this forum

Odi Odi
    Participant

Really you think we didnt try x80plus method??????if you root your x80pro tablet please share how did you do that….

Anonymous
    Inactive

It may have gotten the Russians, look at this post:

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=741990&view=findpost&p=50247896

It includes tools download link.

Use your translators.

See if there are some brave in the room …

Odi Odi
    Participant

THIS METHOD IS NOT WORKING !!!!  Diego can you read that i already triend x98 method ???!!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is the post number 318 of the previous link:

“1 Downloading file https://cloud.mail.ru/public/H6oR/q3QoV8KbD
    I do not paint like to put wood (available in firmware) include: unlocking the bootloader and debugging mode
    We throw on drive C:
    Right mouse button on the Start button, the command line on behalf of the administrator
    1 cd C: \ RootX80
    2 adb reboot bootloader Enter
    3 fastboot oem unlock (user data will be reset.)
    4 fastboot flash boot boot.img
    5 2-3 There will be a reboot last long very long (android moves mustache)))
    6 After starting turn on debugging and run root.bat PROBLEMS BOOT.img not home and he did not have the correct font dpi chalk. right now, I try to improve Alternatively Resolution changer

Little by little we are making progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar