X80 Pro (z8350) for $79.99 USD at GearBest

X80 Pro (z8350) for $79.99 USD at GearBest

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X80 Series X80 Pro (z8350) for $79.99 USD at GearBest

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

I used the coupon code TXDE and was able to drop the price of the X80 Pro to $79.99

I’m not sure if Chris has got a link that will get him affiliate credit, but if someone can post one, thank you!

I bought the Blue case too, which listed at $5.86, but I applied my GearBest points to bring it down to $4.40

Not bad, for an 8″ dual boot!

Just in case there aren’t affiliate links (please someone figure that out, if you know how that works) here are the items:

X80 Pro

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_598248.html

X80 Pro Case

http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_267454.html

Hope that helps someone, I was bargain shopping pretty hard before I pulled the trigger on this deal.

Brad
    Participant

Has anyone gotten Linux running on this?

Rob
    Participant

This was a thread about a sale price.  When I get the tablet, I have no plans to install Linux.  Maybe you can start a new thread and explain why someone would want to do that. Hopefully you can have a sense of humor about it, but isn’t Linux the operating system of the future…and always will be!  hahaha.

Brad
    Participant

Linux is the most used OS in the world and always will be.  haha.  Even Android runs the Linux kernel inside.
    Why someone would want to do this (on this tablet) is because the system ends up running MUCH faster than Windows and with less memory consumption.
    It’s a way to upgrade your system without spending more money on better hardware.  The problem with Linux on this tablet is that so far Cherry-Trail Atom’s are not well supported in Linux and some of the drivers depending on which ones are inside the tablet … like… audio, wifi, touchscreen, etc.

Rob
    Participant

Interesting but as you pointed out Android uses it so you are already there, right?  You could just delete the windows partition and give the space to Android. There seem to be a few threads on how to to do that.

I’ll probably look at at rooting if I can be confident that I can recover the tablet as stock.

Maybe if you can find a Cherry Trail unit of some kind you can try out whatever drivers you need to get it going. It’s not a project that interests me, but it would be nice to see you have some success with it, if you decide to spend the time on it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar