X98 Air III 2/64G dual boot, just in today :)

X98 Air III 2/64G dual boot, just in today :)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums General Discussion X98 Air III 2/64G dual boot, just in today :)

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Ecrosd
    Participant

I have also got the msc5 version of the air iii (32GB), can anyone please provide instruction to have the duel boot BIOS installed? Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Miguel Angel R.
    Participant

Hi all!

I have this model too, just received it 4 days ago via Banggood. It took 12 days to arrive to Spain.

I have a couple of questions that are driving me crazy because there is barely any info on the internet:

1. The original Teclast charger (5V 2.5A) gets extremely hot when passes aprox. 30 min since you plug it to the tablet. When I realized this, I unplugged it and the charger smells through the USB port like some componment were burned. Am I the only one?

2. When it’s charging, if I put the tablet with the screen down, and move the fingertips over the alluminum case, I can feel a “bzz”, some little electric shocks (static charge maybe) in my fingers. They just dissapear if I disconnect the charger. I think this happens because my adapter doesn’t haveground connection, but I don’t know if it’s dangerous for me or the tablet.

3. I’ve changed several times from W10 to Android and vice versa, and I experimented what I think was a wrong battery calibration when I was in Android, it drained like 30% energy with the device blocked (not using it). There are good ways to calibrate the battery in both OS, or will ir decalibrate everytime I switch one to another?

Sorry if they are so much questions for asking it here, but finding a little bit of help in the whole internet usually is not as easy hahaha. Sorry for the bad english and ortographic mistakes, I’m trying my best with the language 😛

Many thanks in advance, and have a nice day! 🙂

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi guys,

Can anyone comment about win10 performance ? Is Z3735F smooth enough on Windows ? Any issues on HDMI output ?

Thanks.

Roni Unwala
    Participant

Hey, I got the dual boot version everything works flawless but every game lags even on windows, any fix ?

aladdin
    Participant

I need help for my Telcast X98 Air III, which is MSC5 version with 32GB. Did a factory reset and now it is stuck at “Intel Inside” while booting.

I have the same problem as in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdGW54Tjdjg

Also, please see the attached thumbnail.

I have contacted gearbest.com and they have told me to wait 5 business days for an answer after going back and forth with them for two days.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    bun
    Participant

What happen if you hold down the ‘vol+’ then press power button? Dual boot or android only?

bun

bun
    Participant

After some 3 months ownership, and installed a bit programs, and re-setted to factory once (via Android), now the Air III started to have a new problem: 1) random shut down 2) power button does not always boot up.  If the tablet left idle on Android, it went sleep; after a couple of hours, it will turn itself off.  Battery level remains good, more than 50%, it just shut itself off.  At first, not a big problem, I just press the power button, it starts right away.  Lately, if it shuts off by self, press power button will not start the tablet; the tablet go pass the OS menu, straight to the Teclast logo and went off and wait for a couple second and went off.  You can keep trying, tablet wont start.  The only way out is to press the Vol+ and the power button to get the OS menu.  This has not failed yet.  All this are from the Android OS, wont happen if tablet left w win10, continue to work flawless.  Hate to advertise for Microso$t :(.

The battery seem drained much more faster on the Android.  It lasts only 2 half days on average use.  While the Win10 battery usually last 3 to 4 half days.  I think the Android charge or Android battery calibration may be problem.  Any app to take a look?

The Win10 continue to work flawless, streaming video, watching ESPNWatch, IPTv, continue to do good.  And good use of multiple screen.  The table screen is large enough to be use as a notebook computer (keyboard and mouse are routinely attached), and I extend the screen to a 33 in monitor, extend screen, not duplicate screen.  The tablet is now my everyday ‘desktop’ computer, including working on my office work, shuffling files, open and close office files via citrex.  The tablet is, by far, the cheapest investment for any of my desktop computers, and functioning no less better.  One caveat, on the Android, there is no option to scale the HDMI, and there is a bothering black borders on either side of the screen.  You have to change your TV/monitor to take out the black borders.

Chromcast: it works beautiful with the Google chromcast, no surprise, no hiccup.  On the Win10, Chromcast is NOT recognise.  Not a problem, I attach a HDMI – microHDMI cable, it works.  Of course, I prefer chromcast wireless, but no luck.

I sure you can tell by this post.  I recommend this tablet, Teclast Air III.  Still, cannot root. and no guts to try flash different customOS

One little thing, the micro USB is NOT smooth when insert and remove.  That is from day one of the tablet.  Dont know mine is defective or that is the way it is.  We, if the USB broken, your tablet dead :(.  I have been extremely careful and try to minimize USB in/out as much as possible.

My next venture is likely Teclast X80 plus because it is Dual boot, Cherry, but resoln is only 1200X800.  The Chuwi Hi8 pro is also Cherry and resoln is 1920 X 1280, but look at the forum posts, apparantly quite buggy.  The AirIII is about $200, and the Hi8 X80 Plus is only $89, not bad.  Thinking to place an order, but looking at these 20 some tablets I have laying around, kind of difficult to explain to my wife, “…one more tablet? Why?”   🙂

bun

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password