X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Glen
    Participant

Hi All!

There’s a lot of half-information and ‘should work’ guesses going around that is making this very confusing, so if anyone has successfully flashed Mirek v6.1 to their Air III 32gb single boot android tablet, I’d love to know how you did it.  Specifically, which version of the rom you flashed and how you flashed it!

I have read Mirek’s xda site and all of the forum comments but there is a lot of conflicting info and I don’t want to brick my device!

Specifically, which of Mirek’s roms should I be flashing on to my 32Gb Air III – single boot (android)? Mirek says to use his Air II rom while others say the Air 3G rom is the only one that will work…

Additionally, can you use his custom built flash tool or do I have to use MFT?

I don’t want to sound rude but I’m hoping to hear from people who have actually successfully flash the air III themselves, not just hearsay.

Thanks so much!

nick s
    Participant

Hi,

i have flashed Mireks ROM (only Android without repartition) sucessfull with MFT on my AIR III .

For me MFT works only with a x86 Windows. I have used the files from the Dropbox from Michiel (look at the comments) http://techtablets.com/2015/09/teclast-x98-air-iii-gets-dual-boot-bios-and-files-released/

Dont forget to set the VID and PID for the device in the General Properties of MFT (you will find it in the pdf Tutorial)

greetz

Glen
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Which ROM did you use?  The Air II or the Air 3G ROM?  There are no ROMs in the Dropbox.

Found the VID and PID info in the tutorial! Thanks 🙂

nick s
    Participant

You found the ROM on XDA

I use the X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190 Version

greetz

Glen
    Participant

“OS flash failure ADB ENUM failed” at 13%…

Any ideas?

bkch0
    Participant

I have flashed both the air 2 and air 3g on the 32gb air iii.  They both work.

Glen
    Participant

Success!

After trying five times and getting the same list of ‘can’t find this, wrong version that’ on the droidboot screen, I downloaded TechKnight’s version of the MFG and it worked.

TechKnight had a slightly different PID (or SID… one of them) to the ones that were written in the official Teclast tutorial in Chinese.  Once that PID (or SID) changed, it worked and flashed successfully.

I wonder why that PID and SID in the official tutorial didn’t work for me.

Kuba
    Participant

Hey.

Soon I will recieve my Teclast X98 Air III.

Could you please send me the link to the best ROM and FAQ installation?

verbage
    Participant

Just adding another data point here.  I have an X98 Air 3/III 32GB (M5C5).  Out of the box, it came with stock rom v1.04.  I downloaded the v6.1 Ultra-light version of mirek190’s rom for the Air 2/II, i.e. “X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v6.1-ultra-light.7z”, and extracted the archive.  I then ran/installed first the Google ADB drivers, and then the Intel ADB drivers stored in the archive (they are clearly labeled…).  Then I ran mirek190’s v2.7 batch file, did a clean install (i.e. option “1 – INSTALL ANDROID – CLEAN INSTALL ( Android data and apps will be removed )”), and several minutes later had a nice, clean X98 Air 3/III.

So just confirming that the Air 2/II rom works on the Air 3/III.

Kuba
    Participant

Thank you for information! 🙂

What about BIOS Update? Should we do it also? Anyone did it already?

verbage
    Participant

What about BIOS Update? Should we do it also? Anyone did it already?

I only flashed the v6.1 Ultra-light version of the rom.  Are you talking about the update to allow dual OS/booting?  In my case, since I have the 32GB model, and plan to keep it on Android exclusively, I have not bothered to flash the bios for dual booting.

Kuba
    Participant

Ok great 😉 I don’t want windows too 😀
    Just I was thinking if we need new BIOS or not.

How can I check my version of tablet ? I mean this ” ( c5j5, c5j6 , c5j8, c8j6 ), air 2, 3 ( hg9n, hg9m ) ” ?

verbage
    Participant

Flip over your tablet, and look at the smallest, silk-screened text towards the bottom of the tablet.  There you’ll find the ID code just to the left of the serial number.  That ID code should be a 4-character code like M5C5, or some of the others you mentioned.

verbage
    Participant

Well, I am pretty frustrated with this tablet because it was supposed to be a Christmas gift.  But late yesterday afternoon as I was doing the final preparations I realized that the device cross-flash I did might not be 100% compatible as it seemed initially.

As a recap, I started with an X98 Air 3/III 32GB (M5C5) on stock rom v1.04.  I downloaded the v6.1 Ultra-light version of mirek190’s rom for the Air 2/II, i.e. “X98_Air_2_android_5.0_mirek190_v6.1-ultra-light.7z”, and did a clean install for the reflash.  For all intents and purposes, everything seemed fine, in particular, the cameras.  For example, I could snap pictures with both the front and rear cameras no problem, they appeared in my gallery, and I could view them no problem, so the cameras seemed to work fine.  And indeed, if that is all I was doing with the cameras, I would say they are still working fine…

However, a problem emerged with the cameras when I set up Skype (and sadly, that was the main purpose of me buying this tablet…).  Basically, the camera would work for a few seconds, and then the image would freeze up.  Skype itself would not freeze up–the sound would still work, and it did not balk about the camera at all.  Just the camera image would freeze.

I tried a whole bunch of on-the-fly things to see if they would be helpful, for example, switching back and forth between the front/back cameras, killing and restarting the Skype process, etc., but to no avail.  I cleared all the Skype and camera data, and started them fresh, but again to no avail.  The only seeming solution was to reboot the tablet, and then, the camera would work for the first few seconds in Skype, but then the image would freeze again.

I subsequently tried with two QR code apps, and realized a similar problem.  The camera would work initially on starting the apps, but then freeze making the apps pretty useless.  Similar to Skype, the apps would continue without problem–they did not recognize a problem with the camera even though the image was frozen.

Uggh, uggh, uggh.  This is a major quandary for me because I do not know whether this is a problem with the cross-flash being <100% compatible, or an actual problem with the cameras.  The issue is that on originally testing the tablet with its v1.04 stock rom before flashing the mirek190 Air 2/II version rom, I only tested the camera directly, and that seemed to work fine (just like it does with the Air 2/II cross-flash).  I never actually loaded Skype or the QR apps at that point so I cannot confirm they work with the v1.04 stock rom.

Can anybody on the v1.04 stock rom confirm that Skype and other camera apps seem to work correctly?  If so, I will go back to the v1.04 stock rom instead of the mirek190 roms.  This kind of stinks because the mirek190 roms are much cleaner/lighter.

verbage
    Participant

Ok, I reflashed with sikke1’s debloated stock rom for the M5C5, and now the camera does not appear to freeze up while in Skype, but this is with just a few minutes of testing.  I will test more tomorrow, but it certainly does not freeze up after a few seconds like previously.  Regarding the QR apps, curiously, when I went to install them, the Google Store declared that one was incompatible with the tablet, and would not let me install it.  But I was able to install the second one, and alas, it does still suffer from the frozen image syndrome.  As mentioned above, I will do some more testing tomorrow, but whatever the case, this appears to be progress.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar