X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot X98 Air III 32gb Android – who has successfully flashed Mirek's rom??

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Michiel
    Participant

As Mirek190 states in his xda post of the rom: Camera works on air 3g ( c5j5, c5j6 , c5j8, c8j6 ), air 2, 3 ( hg9n, hg9m )

That implies it doesn’t work (100%) on the M5C5…

Too bad, because I’m also having issues with the M5C5 and his rom: MS Word/Excel close within a second after starting them. 🙁

verbage
    Participant

As Mirek190 states in his xda post of the rom: Camera works on air 3g ( c5j5, c5j6 , c5j8, c8j6 ), air 2, 3 ( hg9n, hg9m ) That implies it doesn’t work (100%) on the M5C5…

Fair enough, I recognized this, but was encouraged by various reports of mirek190’s roms working fine for the Air 3/III despite not being specifically built for it. And then when the cameras worked in normal mode after the cross-flash that is what led me to (prematurely) declare success a few posts back. By the way, this has nothing to do with a problem by mirek190–I accept complete responsibility because as you have pointed out, mirek190 says nothing about the Air 3/III (M5C5) camera working. But the nice clean rom he provides is attractive so I sure wish it would work.

There might be an intermediate solution–for example, packaging up the camera files from the Air 3/III stock rom, and then flashing them on top of a mirek190 rom. But I suspect this would involve more than just the apk for the camera app, and would probably involve drivers/libs, too.

Whatever the case, for the moment, I will go with sikke1’s debloated stock rom as it does seems to solve the camera issue at least partially. I will check about MS Word/Excel on it, too, and let you know if the open/run successfully.

For those interested in sikke1’s debloated Air 3/III (M5C5) rom, you can find the posting about it at http://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-air/development/teclast-x98-air-iii-air-3g-debloated-t3266740.

Michiel
    Participant

I will check about MS Word/Excel on it, too, and let you know if the open/run successfully.

For those interested in sikke1’s debloated Air 3/III (M5C5) rom, you can find the posting about it at http://forum.xda-developers.com/x98-air/development/teclast-x98-air-iii-air-3g-debloated-t3266740.

Thanks! Much appreciated

verbage
    Participant

So Michiel, I have loaded MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint onto my Air 3/III with sikke1’s debloated stock rom, and all programs load and open fine.  I did not just open the programs, but also tried opening actual Word/Excel/Powerpoint document files, too.  They opened fine, but with a slight hiccup.  When I clicked on any of the files (using ES File Explorer…), the correct app opened up, but the document itself was not displayed–only the app.  But on going back to ES File Explorer, and clicking the document name a second time, it would open up fine.  So my impression is that the program already had to be active and loaded into memory to actively open the document file.  Else if the program was not already running in the background, clicking a document file would launch the application as needed, but not actually open the document in it.  I hope this explanation makes sense.

verbage
    Participant

So Michiel, I just rebooted, and now double-clicking a document file directly opens it in the appropriate application.  When I was testing as per above, I did it immediately after installing the MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint apps.  So the hiccup I mentioned was temporary, and after rebooting, it seems to have cleared up.

Michiel
    Participant

So Michiel, I just rebooted, and now double-clicking a document file directly opens it in the appropriate application. When I was testing as per above, I did it immediately after installing the MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint apps. So the hiccup I mentioned was temporary, and after rebooting, it seems to have cleared up.

Excellent news! Thank you very much for testing this. Looks like this is the rom I need to flash. Maybe Mirek’s rom is missing some crucial component or something. Too bad, his flashing .bat is very easy to use.

verbage
    Participant

The only thing about sikke1’s debloated stock rom is that after cleaning it of all the Chinese apps, he added back a few Google apps like the Google Now launcher and the Google app for voice input.  I think Google Photos is included, too, and maybe something else–I did not pay close attention to details because I was mostly concerned with making sure the camera worked with Skype.  Whatever the case, the rom definitely does not have Chinese app cruft.

Kuba
    Participant

Anyone fixed cameras in Mirek v7 ROM on M5C5?

kelebek
    Participant

Did you try the alternativ boot.img from Mireks #2? (Concerning cameras issue.)

[none]

Kuba
    Participant

Yes I do. Flashed this kernel but no changes.

Miguel Lucas
    Participant

Do anyone find how to correct the camera problem with Mike v7.0 for X98 air 3g c9j8 series?

Thanks

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar