X98 plus touchscreen is bad?

X98 plus touchscreen is bad?

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion X98 plus touchscreen is bad?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Red
    Participant

Hello guys and congratulations to everyone for a very powerfull community for tablets that has no rival worldwide. I really hope someone can help me solve a small problem I have.

This Jannuary I ordered and received a Teclast x98 plus from bangood, the windows only version. Since day one the responsiveness of the screen was not perfect. Not terrible but definately not as good as my fathers cube iwork8 ultimate and I was saddened. I thought perhaps some update would fix it, as all drivers are up to date but that never happened. Today a friend received his Cube iwork 10 ultimate which also has a superb touchscreen and it made me realize just how bad mine is. Now what I’m asking is, could this be software related? Is there any reason to re-install windows? Should I contact bangood and organize a trip for repair? Do any of you have the same problem? Other than that I’m really happy with its performance and battery but the touch component of a tablet is kind of important…

Thanks in advance for your help!

Tony
    Participant

You are right, the screen is by far less responsive and precise, compared to my old Nexus 10. A New Installation of Windows did not Change anything. But I Do not know if There are New drivers

Red
    Participant

Tony, do you also have the windows only version?

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I was using glass-tempered filter it was really awful, but now with a normal plastic filter it’s better. I think if you use no filter at all it’ll be even better.

Red
    Participant

Hm I also have a tempered glass on… If that’s causing it i’m gonna be really pissed for spending 10$ on it…

Gal
    Participant

I have tempered glass on and its fine..what do you experience?

Red
    Participant

The screen is not as accurate or responsive. When typing words for example I’ll constantly miss letters, while obviously hitting them all the same with my finger. I thought that perhaps all Chinese tablets were like that but recently I tried a cube iwork 10 and I felt so bad because it was so good.

Rubick
    Participant

You should change some registry settings, follow these steps (seen on this forum):

Step 1: From your desktop press Win+R to launch Run window.
    Step 2: Inside Run window type regedit and press Enter on your keyboard. If prompted by UAC press Yes.
    Step 3: Inside Registry Editor window left pane follow this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\TouchPredict ion.
    Step 4: Under the TouchPrediction folder (inside left pane), double-click on Latency value (inside right pane).
    Step 5: When new window opens up, change the default value from 8 to 2.
    Step 6: Again, from step 4, inside right pane double-click on SampleTime value.
    Step 7: Inside new window, change the value from 8 to 2.
    Step 8: Close all active windows and restart your Device.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/windows-10-touch-enhanced-and-old-windows-remover/

This will increase screen sensivity and reaction, test it!

Red
    Participant

huh! that looks very promising Rubick! thanks alot! I’ll test it later when the wife returns with the tablet and I’ll let you know how it went.

Red
    Participant

Rubick, it looks  like it works fine now… amazing how a windows setting was orignally set so wrongly? Anyway thanks mate!

Tony
    Participant

Thanks mate, also helped me

Gal
    Participant

I’ll try it too today. Thanks.

gerd wagner
    Participant

It helped me too, thanks a lot

Kascolog
    Participant

Hello everyone.
    First, sorry for my english 😉 In relation to this thread. Have you tried any stylus that works well with the tablet? I have tried many types of stylus, pen or whatever but the tablet does not respond well. All stylus what I´ve tried works well in a LG g2 for example. This happens in both OS. With my fingers the tablets responds well. I just want to point out things in a PDF for example, nothing complicated.

I changed registry settings in Windows OS but still the same.

I know this tablets is not prepare to use a specific stylus like teclast x2, but generic stylus doesnt work either.

Thanks.

Gal
    Participant

I’ll try it too today. Thanks.

Funny.. apparently I already did the registry tweaks and I didn’t remember. Maybe that’s why my touch seemed ok to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar