X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

This topic contains 71 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Graham 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Berend Niels Eissens
    Participant

Hi there,  I just kind of bricked my k9c6.. Now i am looking for the k9c6 windows image and i can find it on baidu but i cant download it becouse of the size.  I hope someone can help me.

Berend

Robert
    Participant

so the wifi is the same, I wonder why it’s not working…

Misiek
    Participant

What I can make up from the Teclast forums is that the RAM and Camera have changed between the two models. I really hope there will be a way to flash Android for the K6C3 model. Would just hate to get stuck with just Windows 10

Berend Niels Eissens
    Participant

I have found the k9c6 windows image , here , can someone download it and place it on the forum?

Robert
    Participant

another question is, whether this android rom is working without problems on K9C6. Looking at the winPE files, I’m not sure that the released images can be used to restore dualboot functionality.

Misiek
    Participant

It appears that a new bios came out for the K6C3 model yesterday. I found this post on the Teclast forums which covers upgrading the bios from 1.00 to 1.05. After that you should be able to flash Android. Sadly, I didn’t bring my tablet with me today so I can’t try. Also not home tonight so my earliest try will be tomorrow.

http://bbs.teclast.com/thread-516650-1-1.html

Robert
    Participant

I’m downloading the files, will report with the results

Misiek
    Participant

Nice one Robert, I am very curious to see if this approach works

Robert
    Participant

well, it’s working, sort of..wifi works and everything is smooth, but play store is crashing right after the launch, sometimes it can get to software instalation but then it always crashes and camera is not working. Flashed using intel phone tool from windows without any problem

link to bios download https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByUOEKnPRz9geGJpMGtLZG1VdEk/view?usp=sharing

android image is probably the same, I flashed the image for k9c6, I’m downloading the new file and will see if there are any difference

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Misiek
    Participant

Thanks Robert. Flashing tomorrow

George
    Participant

This is captured from the link to bbs website;

After the upgrade because bios reason the dual system cameras are not available, and that needs attention.

Robert
    Participant

manual apk installation works, but most google apps complains about outdated google play services. Unfortunately, it is impossible to update it through play store and I was unable to find newer apk for x86_64 architecture, the latest version should be 2272748-280, if someone can find the apk, it would be great

Theo
    Participant

Guess i am going to need a pc with windows installed to do all this. Or is there another way without the use of a windows pc.

Am running linux lite 2.6 on laptop.

Robert
    Participant

few remarks:

1. flashing android will wipe windows partition, so backup your files
    2. first boot after android flash is very slow, it hangs at intel inside logo for about 10 minutes, but it will boot eventually
    3. there was a new OTA update, you can download and install it through TeclastAutoUpdate app, it fixed that store crashing
    4. so now everything is working besides camera, but I have no problem with that
    5. the speakers are much louder in android!

tomorrow I will try to restore win10 using recovery files for k9c6

Misiek
    Participant

Which Android image did you end up using Robert?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password