X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum X98 Pro Dual OS Firmware

This topic contains 71 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Graham 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author

Robert
    Participant

I used the old image for k9c6. In the baidu repository from the link at teclast forum, there is that old k9c6 android rom and also slightly smaller rom, I uploaded it to drive

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_tZ5uWPxifNU1FYmZfdjYzS0U/view?usp=sharing

the system.img is cca 100MB smaller, all other files are identical (maybe it doesn’t have the chinese apps?). Then there is win10 recovery which is the same as for k9c6 model, and also some 338MB file which I’m still downloading, but it is going very slow.

Misiek
    Participant

How can you enter the dual boot menu? Only got it once after that it just boots straighr into windowa?

Pat
    Participant

To get the dual boot menu press and hold power and vol-up at the same time. Has to be exact or it will just boot back into windows.

Pat
    Participant

Win 10 loads fine without error. I used the android boot recovery and restored Android. Now when I select Android it gets stuck in “intel inside”. If I power down and re-boot to Windows, win 10 runs perfect.

Theo
    Participant

I dont have to press any buttons. When i boot the tablet it shows the dual boot window and if i dont do anyhting it boots into windows after 10 seconds.

Now figuring out how to get android installed on it.

Robert
    Participant

I also have boot menu every time, but now only with android icon

Robert
    Participant

ok, the k9c6 windows image (which I posted links in another topic) can be used to restore windows and make it dualboot.

You must extract the archives to at least 8GB usb formated as fat32 and set the name of usb to WINPE, otherwise it will fail with disk not found

rich t
    Participant

ok, the k9c6 windows image (which I posted links in another topic) can be used to restore windows and make it dualboot. You must extract the archives to at least 8GB usb formated as fat32 and set the name of usb to WINPE, otherwise it will fail with disk not found

Care to give us a little writeup from start to finish to get dual boot? Would appreciate it!

Robert
    Participant

no problem, but I will do it in the morning, right now it’s 11pm here, so I’m going to sleep ๐Ÿ™‚

rich t
    Participant

no problem, but I will do it in the morning, right now itโ€™s 11pm here, so Iโ€™m going to sleep :)<noscript>:)</noscript>

OK, thanks!

Chris G
    Keymaster

I just saw the treads on Teclast’s forum. I was busy with the X2 pro, but you guys are a step ahead, nice work. I will try this out tonight if I can, but it’s 11pm here and if not tomorrow. Good on Teclast for giving us what we were after all along the DB bios.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris G
    Keymaster

I used the old image for k9c6. In the baidu repository from the link at teclast forum, there is that old k9c6 android rom and also slightly smaller rom, I uploaded it to drive https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_tZ5uWPxifNU1FYmZfdjYzS0U/view?usp=sharing the system.img is cca 100MB smaller, all other files are identical (maybe it doesnโ€™t have the chinese apps?). Then there is win10 recovery which is the same as for k9c6 model, and also some 338MB file which Iโ€™m still downloading, but it is going very slow.

I flashed this Rom, it seems to have a few apps removed and a bit lighter. But Google Play Store crashes and it would seem the Teclast OTA app is missing. I’m going to flash the original Rom.

Flashing the bios would seem straight forward but it kept saying incorrect version for me and not flashing it. Finally running the app for C;? instead of desktop fixed the problem. I recorded a video of my flash as it might be helpful for some. Uploading it soon.

Here’s the bios flashing:

I could only get it to flash my bios from C:/ not even running it as Admin from desktop would work.

How to flash Android and the Windows 10 image:

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops ๐Ÿ™‚

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well i’m all up and running dual boot now, I’ve added a video guide to help people above.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

freeware
    Participant

This android works on Chuwi vi10?

izak
    Participant

this is good too for reinstalling windows 8+ android or just keeping windows only or android only

http://techtablets.com/forums/topic/hello-guys-any-guide-of-install-only-android-os-after/

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password