Xiaomi Air 12.5" M3-7Y30 $499.99

Xiaomi Air 12.5" M3-7Y30 $499.99

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Notebook Air series Xiaomi Air 12.5" M3-7Y30 $499.99

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    sportnok
    Participant

From the Hong Kong warehouse, use code NEWMIAIR12 to get it for $499.99.

http://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_632454.html?wid=4&lkid=11111306

Chris G
    Keymaster

@sportnok Thanks! I just posted this one on the site here in a deals post as I think its quite a good deal for the newer chipset, only about $30 more for it and the new bios and SSD version etc. But I wonder what happened to the 8GB Core M3 2017 models? 7Y54 also was in there. Maybe yet to be released?

I still have my Notebook 12 Air. Still going strong, great little notebook.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viktor
    Participant

Coupon seems no longer working, but they made a flash sale instead for the same price:

Xiaomi Air 12.5″ 7Y30

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Thanks for the link!

the 2017 Core M3 model actually got down to 489.99 USdollar (620 Australian Dollar for me) and I jumped straight on to it and ordered .

I find this a better buy than the Apollo Lakes (Ezbook 3 Pro, Chuwi Lapbook 12 etc) for only 150 dollars more. And it will be shipped by DHL without extra cost, bonus!

i always considered the Xiaomi notebooks to be too pricey, but a discount like this makes it worth it. If those Chinese websites (Gearbest and the likes ) would just consistently advertise their lowest price instead of playing the silly discount/flash sale game, they would sell way more volume imo.

Chris G
    Keymaster

How did you get it for $489? Is there a new coupon?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

LaniaKea
    Participant

Its on Gearbest atm’ coupon “NEWMIAIR”

Just have in mind Chris, that Im not convince that it carries NVMe drive, like 256gb version’ where there is a good chance it also PM961

Could be a 128gb sata3 ssd in the m.2 sata3 slot , like the case on 2016 12.5 128gb version.

Sofare any sum’up about differences? sofare i reckon its perhaps solely coreM 7gen and intel 8265’4gen with mimo support while previus carried 8260’3gen

what about fingerprint’feature, is that exclusive to 13 version in the newer mi air 2017 lineup, the pictures & info on Gearbest doesnt show it, and it could be down to just using last years promomateriel.

// it does seem the 256gb version goes at 559USD (silver) and are stock. (HK warehouse) though gold-version cost 810usd.

http://www.gearbest.com/laptops/pp_632454.html?wid=4

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Does anyone know where to download the drivers for the 12.5 Mi Notebook Air m3-7y30 (2017 Edition)?

The only drivers I can find are for the old m3-6y30 (2016 edition) here:

http://en.miui.com/thread-318018-1-1.html

I know Chris has uploaded the drivers for the new 2017 core i-5 fingerprint edition, was that by extracting his own drivers from the machine or through a download link?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I made a driver copy, but my machine from the start lacks the proper Dolby sound drivers and the Synaptics touch drivers. The 2016 model ones don’t seem to work, so I’m hunting for the 2017 drivers.

I’ll have the Core M3 2017 8GB version next week I hope and will make a backup of those drivers.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

LaniaKea
    Participant

deleted..wrong kaby lake drivers.

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

Thanks Chris, that would be great 🙂

Kwistenbiebel
    Participant

My Air 12.5 (2017 version, m3-7y30, 4Gb, 128 Gb) came in and installing a fresh Win 10 Pro ( a 3 dollar key from ebay) through the media creation tool (USB) was an absolute breeze. All drivers got automatically installed when activating the Windows updates after first install. The only drivers I installed manually were the Synaptic Touchpad driver and the Dolby driver, both from the 2016 version and it worked flawlessly.

This laptop is absolutely beautiful and a joy to use. No fans is just fantastic. I don’t think I can go back to mechanically vented laptops ever again.

The Sata 3 SSD is fast enough for me, very quick boots and app handling. The multi touch gestures on the touchpad make a real difference.

The laptop appears fast enough for light gaming. The 2015 (Steam) 3d platform running game “Action Henk” runs great +40 fps, brilliant!

One downside so far: the charger has not got a proprietary Australian power plug and attaching the top heavy ‘brick’ to an AU plug adapter is tedious.

I will source an AU replacement charger to overcome the plug sagging from the wall outlet.

Otherwise, for 620 Australian Dollar, this laptop is an absolute winner, in my opinion.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great to hear you got your one. I’ve just got my Core i5-7Y54 8GB version 12.5″ I have it all in Chinse of course and I’m upgrading it now to Windows 10 Pro to get English (Well to be able to install English)

The drivers I have made a backup of and I will upload them soon. So far the laptop is just like my 2016 as expected but a lot faster overall. I can already see a difference in the 6Y30 4GB Vs 7Y54 and 8GB of RAM versions.

The wifi is intel AC 8260, not 8265 as some pointed out. And the 256GB SSD is still SATA3 and not NVMe like the Mi Notebook Air 13 model.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

James
    Participant

Hey Chris, I come here from your Youtube channel. I am planning on buying the Xiaomi Air. I want to know if the Gearbest link is USA charger? Thanks.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi James, yes it is a flat two prong US charger, max 45Watts.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

James
    Participant

Hey I have been using xiaomi air 12 for a day now. I want to know how can I charge it with power bank? I have a quick charge battery power bank. I use micro usb to usb c adapter to connect to the laptop. However, it is the laptop charging the power bank. How can I make it so the power bank charges the laptop? Do I need a usb c specific power bank to do that? Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar