Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion Reading SDXC Card. (Solved – Drives Fix Inside)

Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 372 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

Guys, seems like the following registry tweak may help (though Microsoft says it is for Windows 10 Mobile)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdbus\Parameters]
    "DisableUhsSupport"=dword:00000000

Please try it and post your results. After applying this tweak my Transcend 64Gb SDXC Card works way more stable (fingers crossed)

disqus_Y2fVJM6guH
    Participant

I tried, and now the registry entry looks like: Name: DisableUhsSupport / Type: REG_DWORD / Value: 0x00000000(0).

When I rebooted, the tablet found the drive (i.e. the microsd slot) for the first time in weeks, but when I clicked on it, it asked me to insert an sd card, which had been already inserted.  So I removed and  re-inserted the microsd, then the drive disappeared altogether again.  This is totally annoying because I sold my iPad Air and bought x98 plus just because I needed a removable storage device;

Andy
    Participant

@disqus_Y2fVJM6guH What card do you use, is it sdxc? Did you try another sdxc card? What do you see in Device Manager?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a rooted Plus 3g and Android only recognised a 64gb as 1.85gb but Windows recognised the full 64gb. I read elsewhere that removing root might solve this. After weeks of looking for a solution this solved my Sdcard problem. Now it is correctly recognised in Android too. Lost root and hope the next ROM update enables me to have both Root acccess and proper card recognition! THANKS

disqus_Y2fVJM6guH
    Participant

Transcend 2GB / SadDsik 16GB /PNY 64GB SDXC.

When I bought the tablet, it had issues only with the SDXC, but now it just can’t read any microsd.

Device manager recognizes the  SD card controller, but not the memory cards.

I have no idea why fixing something as simple as this can be so difficult.  You’d imagine most HW manufacturers can come up with a new device driver within 1-2 weeks.  _(-_-)_

Andy
    Participant

Transcend 2GB / SadDsik 16GB /PNY 64GB SDXC.
    When I bought the tablet, it had issues only with the SDXC, but now it just can’t read any microsd.
    Device manager recognizes the SD card controller, but not the memory cards.

Then probably it’s hardware issue with your particular device. My Transcend 64Gb card is recognized, but eventually disappears with SD Storage Class Controller in Device Manager showing error. Disabling and enabling respective Intel SD Host Controller helps SD card to reappear, until the next case. After the registry tweak above I don’t see any problems with SD card (tested for about a week).

Rubick
    Participant

Really? Is it working with this solution?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdbus\Parameters] “DisableUhsSupport”=dword:00000000

I’m having the same problems with several SD cards.

A kingston 32GB isn’t being recognized at all but some others (2 samsung 64GB and a netac 128GB, working perfectly on a X98 Pro) are exactly showed as you described (it shows “Code error 10” in details).

Rubick
    Participant

Really? Is it working with this solution?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdbus\Parameters] “DisableUhsSupport”=dword:00000000

I’m having the same problems with several SD cards. A kingston 32GB isn’t being recognized at all but some others (2 samsung 64GB and a netac 128GB, working perfectly on a X98 Pro) are exactly showed as you described (it shows “Code error 10” in details).

I answer myself… it doesn’t fix the problem.

Same issue of the first iteration of the Plus model is repeated in this one, ashaming…

faberia
    Participant

this threat is somehow confusing as it talks about the sdcard issue of “Teclast X98 Plus Dual OS (ID: A5C8)” but also some newer concerning the newer device “Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4)”
    for “Teclast X98 Plus Dual OS (ID: A5C8)” there is as special fix you can find here
    http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/25/teclast-x98-plus-dual-os-a5c8-android5-1-windows10-firmwares_202446/
    not approved by me as i have the “Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4)”
    there is a thread about “Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4)” sdcard issue here:

Teclast X98 Plus II (C2D4) – Windows 10 -MicroSD-Problems (fast and large ones)

I propose the divide the thread upon devices …

Andy
    Participant

I propose the divide the thred upon devices …

A5C8 and C2D4 are essentially the same in hardware, so the driver fix (when/if found) will fit both devices. No reason to separate the threads, IMHO

Sunggon Kim
    Participant

I’m have one SD card “Lexar 64G, formatted NTFS” and using X98 plus 3g

In my case it always can recognize in Android system, but cannot detect in Windows 10 OS

I tried change SD host controller to “Intel SD Host Controller (deprecated) – see attached picturd”  and than it can start detect SD card correctly in windows system

I’m not sure it is common solution or not. but it can helpful to detect SD card..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    hjkjkhjkh
    Participant

Guys, seems like the following registry tweak may help (though Microsoft says it is for Windows 10 Mobile)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdbus\Parameters]
    "DisableUhsSupport"=dword:00000000

Please try it and post your results. After applying this tweak my Transcend 64Gb SDXC Card works way more stable (fingers crossed)

Just want to share my experiences:

I have a rooted X98 plus. Neved had any SD-card (mainly Samsung 128GB) problems until from one day to another the tablet didn’t recognize the sd-card anymore (both android and windows). I tried the registry patch and it worked in windows after a restart. Sadly not under android. Here it will only recognize the 128GB sdcard as 1.86GB sdcard with no content.

Looks like I have to stick with windows until I find a solution for android. Maybe a reflashing will fix it….

Dounga
    Participant

Hi all,

this Sd card problem gets really annoying and TECLAST does not seem to care.

I haved rooted my X98 plus and I am using Android only, now the tablet does not recognize any SD card.

It does see that a card has been inserted but is not able to read or show.

this is really bad .

javldrc
    Participant

+1

This is the latest time that I buy a tablet to a Chinese brand. I failed with Pipo and now with Teclast. All the people say that one of the pros is the community support but they release a new tablet every six months and once the new version is available nobody cares about the previous ones.

cajetan8
    Participant

Hi all, this Sd card problem gets really annoying and TECLAST does not seem to care. I haved rooted my X98 plus and I am using Android only, now the tablet does not recognize any SD card. It does see that a card has been inserted but is not able to read or show. this is really bad .

DUDE this is exactly what i want to do, can u show me how pls? – at least if i can remove windows i can copy some larger files to the tablet – BIG THKS!

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 372 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password