add a full size usb port on x98 pro

add a full size usb port on x98 pro

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Pro Forum add a full size usb port on x98 pro

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan
    Participant

Idris, thanks for the information and really no need for an apology.

Roibeard, did you have any issues with the metal shell blocking the signals?

Roibeard
    Participant

The range seems reduced compared to pc usage but works good otherwise.

Leslie Meyer
    Participant

It is possible, via the mod. USB to connect a USB LAN adapter, or leads to an overload?

idris
    Participant

leslie, i measured the current draw from the port and the tablet would happily provide, 220mA which should be okay for some thing like an Ethernet adapter; however, the shutdowns are largely dependent on what the tablet itself is doing. i.e screen and processor power draw.

i find that i still have to use a usb Y cable for power hungry devices like hdds

i dont have an usb to ethernet adapter to test unfortunately

Milosz
    Participant

Hi….I got question about Logitech unifying recover…”Roibeard” installed this inside X98pro….their is space to install USB port + reciver inside? I’m looking for solution …my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse they laggy… I need good solution for keyboard , mouse and game pad….unifying support any kind of  game pad(Logitech)??? I want to  buy Bluetooth controller but lag on mouse and keyboard give me time to think….Any good solution guys? Or better solution to use this port like a micro SD card???

Carlos Martinez
    Participant

I haven’t opened my X98 3G Air II, so I don’t know if it’s possible to perform this full sized USB mod on it.

Has anyone looked into that?

Nessie
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can replace the micro USB port with a new one (where I can purchase one from)?  I’ve bent/broken the pins and need to solder on a new socket.

Thanks,

Andrew.

Pelleri Makkonen
    Participant

Can I use spare USB for charging the battery?

MicroUSB is broken already..

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password