Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Hello everyone!

It is now approximately a week since I have the Chuwi Hi8 Pro. I bought it in a Spanish store (powerplanetonline) and it arrive at my home December 31st. I been using it for some days before posting and I am quite happy with it.
    I can’t compare with other tablets as this is my first one with windows, but the impressions are positive. I’ve not being able to test it thoroughly (as I don’t have a type-c to usb adaptor to test the port or connect a mouse), but so far, so good.
    • The screen looks gorgeous, it’s perfect for videos and comics for example.
    • The micro-sd is up to 64 Gb (tested) as it says in the small manual in the box, I don’t know if it will recognize 128 Gb cards.
    • The wifi seems to works fine.
    • 20 Gb (approx) of free space in the hard drive at first boot.
    • I need some more time to test the battery, but seems OK.
    • When you have been using it for a while it feels a little bit warm, I think nothing out of the usual.
    • The HDMI is a micro-HDMI and works fine.
    • Some electronic noise using the headphones, not important but increased when using cellphone headphones with microphone built-in.
    • The tablet doesn’t seems to have a microphone, or at least is not detected by windows.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks for the post. How did you get one so soon? I thought they were still delayed?

Sorry but the forum had a hiccup with the images, could you please upload them again?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Dave
    Participant

Well, I found information in a Spanish forum (hispatablets) about a guy claiming that he bought it in that shop, so I check it on their website and they were expecting new stock for this model (I discovered as well that they have the vi8 plus and the hi10), when the tablets arrived I placed the order, and a couple of days later it arrived at my place.

I will try to make some photos of the tablet and post them soon. And if someone have some questions about the tablet I will try to answer them.
    (I don’t know how to remove the png files from the first post, but here you have the jpg equivalent)
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Philipp
    Participant

Thanks for your info, Dave.

Does it have latest win10 big update? (Therehold2)

Maybe some photo samples from both cameras?

How does it handle charging and simulateneous heavy-duty using?

Philipp
    Participant

Del

Dave
    Participant

About the Windows 10 update, if Therehold2 is the Windows 10 Version 1511 as I read on Internet, I think it is included as all the updates make reference to it . As I read, other symbols of the update are the possibility to coloured title bars or the option “Find My Device”, all present in the tablet, so all seems to indicate that the Therehold2 update is installed.
    About the photos, it doesn’t seem promising (or I am not a good photographer, which is quite possible 😉 ), but if tomorrow I have enough time I will try to make some and share them.

And for the charging and simultaneous heavy-duty using, the only way I can think to do it is by gaming and charging at the same time. Is that what you have in mind? If I have time I will try to install Civilization V and test it.

Philipp
    Participant

No need to post photos 🙂 just your impressions about them pleaase.

Yeah and about charging. I heared that such cheapmchineese tablets are still draining battery while beeing connected to power suply and even light using at the same time.

Tarun Bansal
    Participant

CHUWI HI8 PRO, AFTER SHUTDOWN BY ME

Dave
    Participant

Well, my impression of the cameras is that the colours are a little too saturated in the automatic mode, but it allows you to use the manual settings for White balance, ISO, shutter speed and exposure, so the results might be better in manual mode. The images also present noise in low light environments.

And about the charging, I still need a little more time to check what you indicated, it does seems to charge right under heavy use (playing Anomaly Warzone Earth, which works perfectly) but I will try to gather some more data, as I usually have the tablet in the minimum bright setup and increasing the screen bright might lead to the situation you indicate.

OW
    Participant

Real shame the disk speeds are so low with these tablets.

How does it feel launching programmes and using the Internet?

Anonymous
    Inactive

How much battery life can we expect from this tablet, have you done some tests?

Mine’s still stuck in gearbest preorder, since 20th november…

Dave
    Participant

Hi!

About the disk speeds, I don’t know if the disk is fast or not, but the experience using it is good. Maybe it is because my regular laptop is not equipped with an SSD drive, but I’m not finding an incredible difference with the tablet (OK, there might be some differences, but what can you expect for a ~100$ computer? For that price, the experience is in my humble opinion really good). And when launching programs (normal programs, I’m not planning to use something as Inventor in the tablet) or using Internet (using Edge) it doesn’t feel slow, it is not instantaneous, but is quite fast.
    I’ve been trying to do some tests of the battery performance, but I’m quite busy these days. I hope in a few days I will be able to upload some data about it.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

How did you get one so early? I’ve been trying to get one and just have the Vi8 Plus coming tomorrow (Same tablet, but in black and with a 1280 x 800 screen instead)

I’ve noticed that even 45mbs read and 30 write eMMC’s Windows still seems to be fine, the only time it’s slower than other tablets is when you install programs or load something.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems in stock here: http://www.igogo.es/product370662.html

does anyone know this site?

OW
    Participant

How did you get one so early? I’ve been trying to get one and just have the Vi8 Plus coming tomorrow (Same tablet, but in black and with a 1280 x 800 screen instead)

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Vi8 Plus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password