Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi8 Pro Discussion Almost a week with the Hi8 Pro

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Pavel
    Participant

Strange thing, as i know z8300 have 1.84 Ghz max frequency. But as i can see at your screenshots max frequency is 2113 !

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chris G
    Keymaster

How did you get one so early? I’ve been trying to get one and just have the Vi8 Plus coming tomorrow (Same tablet, but in black and with a 1280 x 800 screen instead)

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Vi8 Plus.

Unboxing video and first impressions should be posted on the site today. Keep an eye out for it.

Strange thing, as i know z8300 have 1.84 Ghz max frequency. But as i can see at your screenshots max frequency is 2113 !

Must be an old version of HWinfo miss reading the clock speeds?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Dave
    Participant

Yeah and about charging. I heared that such cheapmchineese tablets are still draining battery while beeing connected to power suply and even light using at the same time.

Well, I test it as well as I could. The logs of the programs I been using show that at heavy use (playing Anomaly Warzone Earth) it will charge the tablet without problem at minimum screen bright, but as you increase the bright it will arrive at full bright charging the battery at an extremely low speed (or even no charging but no discharging situation). I hope this help you to solve your question, no problem at all to use the tablet and charge it at the same time if you are making a normal use.

How much battery life can we expect from this tablet, have you done some tests?

With the battery fully charged, the windows app  and the BatteryCare programs indicate approximately a battery life of 4 h 10 minutes. To charge completely the battery I think it takes approximately 3 hours, but I think it was while playing a video, so probably it will take less time with the tablet shutdown or hibernating.
    ### EDIT ###
    Well, now it shows almost 5 hours with a 95% o battery charge (and 0% brightness), I will keep using it and see how it responds in reality…
    ### ###

How did you get one so early?

I don’t know, I was checking out the store for the Vi8 Plus (as the previous day the Hi8 was out of stock) and then by curiosity, checking out the Hi8 Pro page I found out they were expecting to receive new stock, and then as soon as it arrived I placed the order.

Must be an old version of HWinfo miss reading the clock speeds?

I didn’t notice that either! Any idea of any other program to check it again, it’s weird.

OW
    Participant

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on the Vi8 Plus.

Unboxing video and first impressions should be posted on the site today. Keep an eye out for it.

Sweet!  I certainly look forward to seeing it up against the Hi8 Pro and the Teclast X80 tablets.

Kyaputen Katsura
    Participant

Hi there,

can anyone who have this tablet clarify if the usb type c is a 3.0 or a 3.1 usb (and not a merely usb 2.0 with type c connector)?

also could you please check if you are able to power up external self powered 2.5 hard disk?

thanks

OW
    Participant

I am sure Chris will address this in his review of the Vi8 Plus.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Hi there, can anyone who have this tablet clarify if the usb type c is a 3.0 or a 3.1 usb (and not a merely usb 2.0 with type c connector)? also could you please check if you are able to power up external self powered 2.5 hard disk? thanks

Sadly it’s only a USB 2.0 spec at least in the vi8 plus. I don’t understand why it’s not USB 3 type-c, it makes no sense and it’s plain stupid to have it as USB 2.0. Waste of time and now we need to buy and find adapter etc.

It does however power and let me use my Toshiba 1TB drive in USB 2 mode (White light vs blue)

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Kyaputen Katsura
    Participant

that’s a bummer, usb type c 2.0… thanks chris for having clarified that.

Chris G
    Keymaster

It is, I sure hope it’s a fault of the first batch and the Hi8 has USB 3.0 Type-C.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

OW
    Participant

Hmmm.  I am not sure I would bet on it!

Anderson
    Participant

Hi Dave . Are you still getting 5 hours on 95% to 100%  via the battery care at 0% brightness?

Dave
    Participant

Hi!
    Not at all. I think the battery app I installed is not gettign along with the battery, it changes the battery estimation a little bit randomnly. The first estimation (around 4 hours) seems to be more accurate, but I will try to test the battery duration the old fashion way with a clock.

leasedeb .
    Participant

hello

is the screen 16:10 or 16:9?

thank you

Evil E.
    Participant

The sreen resolution is 1920×1200 pixels, so that means it’s 16:10.

Dave
    Participant

Hi Dave . Are you still getting 5 hours on 95% to 100%  via the battery care at 0% brightness?

Well, I have tested battery the old fashion way, just keep in mind that I have obtained this by using the tablet for comic reading only during the test, using the Comics++ application, with 0% brightness and with the wifi on but with little use, in this conditions the tablet has been working from 100% battery to 16% battery after 6 hours (total time of use, not in a single boot), and I stopped the test because I moved to a different location and needed to increase the brightness.
    If the tablet is used for web browsing or some other thing the battery duration will be for sure different.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password