Android emulator on the i9??

Android emulator on the i9??

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i9 Forum Android emulator on the i9??

• This topic has 19 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rob.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Rob
    Participant

Hi all

Looking at buying this tab as I can’t find a decent android tab (anything more powerful that the rubbish z8300).  Has anyone tried any of the android emulators on this like AMIDuOS, Genymotion etc??  Looking at getting a tablet and want something fairly powerful so either this or the Teclast X3 pro.  Does anyone have any ideas???

Thanks

Rob

Dean
    Participant

i have installed remix os and it works fine but no audio, i will take a look at your suggestions and see if i want to try them.

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for that, I noticed that Cube’s official Aliexpress store has it on flash sale again making it around $150 cheaper than anywhere else for the next few hours.  Where did you find the remix download and did you have google play store working???

Dean
    Participant

remix os by jide Remix will give you dual boot and i prefer it but it takes 35gb

yes google play works, you just install gapps. I am trying. Amiduos is ok but runs in a window and has disappear while watching netflix. i am going to try a resinstall of remix.

Rob
    Participant

Thanks for that.  I had the Cube i7 remix for about a week until I tripped down the stairs and dropped it resulting in the tablet smashing into the wall and shattering the screen!  I’m very tempted by this tablet if it does indeed run remix os.  How did you install it, did you have to wipe windows first?  If I can get remix to run as dual boot and Google services working I will definitely but this tablet over the X3 pro, just need some sort of guide on how you did it.

Thanks

Rob.

Dean
    Participant

Wow, dont run with tablets down the stairs. There are two versions of remix os, one is 32 bit and the other is 64 bit. I downloaded the 64 bit version and used the installer, you will need a keyboard to choose the second os on boot. I did remove it and re-installed now I am having trouble getting to the boot options, it is hit and miss but I expect support for it as  like you said they had the i7 and it did work, if I had sound I wouldnt have removed it.

Is there any other OS for Android i could try? I will try Genymotion.

Rob
    Participant

So did you use the i7 rom or is there a download available on the jide site?  There are other emulators like Andy,  droid4x,  nox , windroy (very light weight as it runs on the windows kernel).  Obviously what works best will depend on the hardware and the apps you use.

Dean
    Participant

No I was using remix for PC, but cant get it to boot anymore. If I choose UEFI boot, it loads shell and I am stuck. If I boot regular, windows loads and it is not giving me the boot option…I ll keep testing and try something else. Should I try the i7 rom? You will be happy with this and well get Android running somehow…

Cheers,

Dean

Dean
    Participant

Not a fan of these emulators, they dont look that good, trying to act like a phone.  Remix by far is what i like and will try booting from usb.

Rob
    Participant

You’re getting me worried now that you can’t get remix working.  I wonder if there is a hardware issue preventing it?  If so will this run better on the X3?  Still not 100% sure what to do since the cube is currently cheaper than the Teclast with a bigger screen but less RAM.  Noticed that Remix OS was only released on the 1st March and is still in beta so this could have something to do with it.    Maybe you would be better installing the 32 bit version until the 64 bit version comes out of beta?  Let me know how you get on as the exchange rate looks like it might be more favorable tomorrow meaning I will purchase then.

Miguel
    Participant

Hi. I think the problem of no audio is related that REMIX OS does not include probably the android drivers for audio of the cube i9. (i guess).

The problem you have now on booting is caused probably because you uninstalled and installed again and maybe there is a conflict.

Rob, you can install also REMIX OS in a USB pendrive to test, but you need to go to BIOS menu on rebooting to select reboot from usb.

I am very interested to install REMIX OS, so if someone can find a solution for the audio please publish it on the forum. I know that is is beta but the rcooments are quite good and it has system OTA updates.

Dean, did you make a partition first in the HD SSD before installing REMIXOS?

Dean
    Participant

hi, ill try to address all the questions.

1. Remix has its own installation setup and you choose whether you want to install to the HD or USB. If you choose the HD, you have a choice of the OS size to install. I always choose 32GB. It set’s up everything and writes to the boot partition for dual boot. For some reason, this boot portion is not being written or it is not accessing it and going straight to the windows boot. When I first installed it on the HD, it wouldnt boot from the partition and I had no external keyboard with me,(mines on the way,separate delivery) to go into bios and I read to hold power and volume up. This doesnt seem to work but evetutally i accidently got to BIOS, and I dont know how. I went to the boot and changed to UEFI, restarted and was meet by a shell prompt. Then I was stuck with this prompt which scared me, I hooked up a keyboard as I was at work and scrambled to find one. Got back into bios and changed everything back, then I got the dual boot prompt to choose windows or android…Yeah. Booted into remix, (i actually own a remix mini so I am used to it). I did the google services install and got play store working, no problems except no audio, I need audio…so I removed it…cont
    Dean
    Participant

Remix before this was in Alpha stage so they just release the beta on April 26th. There are many people having boot issues and this is a good forum for help https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/remix-os-for-pc

Dean
    Participant

I tried the 32 bit version, same thing no boot prompt, 64 bit again no boot prompt. Installed the USB version using the USB OTG combo that was included and it worked, installed google services and rebooted, now it doesnt boot from the USB again. One thing to note during one of my reboots, it went into shell and I was thinking WTF. I loaded bios and went to boot and UEFI was the number one boot, so this bios changed the boot order by itself on me…not good. Maybe why there are boot issues?

Im still working on it and I will try a different USB. I believe like Miguel said, there are no audio drives. Should I risk it and try the i7 version?

Dean
    Participant

I got the Remix OS running but no audio, which I believe is because it needs a realtek driver which someone else has posted.  I will post my method when I have time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar