Banggood.com user reviews

Banggood.com user reviews

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

Banggood.com have some great discounts and good prices on most tablets.

My personal experience with them has been good. But just be aware they often remove the original packaging and repack it. Not good for my reviews where I like to see the original box. But otherwise they do pack them well.

Please share you banggood.com experiences and write a quick review.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX Y13, Mi Gaming Laptop (2019)
    Currently testing: ASUS ROG 2

Simon
    Participant

I’d highly recommend Banggood, when compared to other stores of it’s type. That is, cheap online Chinese electronics stores.

Unlike many online stores, I’ve found Banggood fairly trustworthy.

Positives
    + If they say it’s in stock, it’s IN STOCK!
    + Order processing times displayed on each item, and are accurate. Eg. If it says “Ships within 24 hours” it will.
    + Website is great. Shows you all stages of processing items, refunds are made EASY, lots of detail on items, etc.
    + Support responds in 24 hours or less (I’ve used this 3 times, each time perfect)
    + Refunds are provided without much effort.
    + New items added almost daily, and every 7 days or so they have Deals which are usually quite interesting.

Negatives

– It’s still a Chinese online retailer, so don’t expect miracles. The products are cheap, and English is good but not great.
    – Occasionally they’ve sold counterfeit goods from what I’ve read, but resolved it with customers as soon as its identified. I suspect this is simply a case of suppliers/factories ripping off Banggood, and them not knowing any better, especially as it’s hard for me to even identify which item is real and which is fake (eg. Sunnysky motors)
    – I’ve seen many products with photos that imply several units are included in the purchase, but if you read the details it actually only includes one. I suspect the factoriesu7products with several items in the photo, but if you read the item it says it includes only one. Dodgy. I suspect there is factory/manufacturer involvement here, perhaps taking the photos, as it’s not really in BangGoods interest to be doing this.
    – Reboxing the items saves on postage but isn’t very nice for gifts, reviewers, or reselling.

Heres a list of my purchases this year

OrderID Grand Total Date Status Last update time
    6937974 20.3 23/06/2015 7:45 Shipped 23/06/2015 7:45
    6937975 6.75 23/06/2015 7:45 Processing 23/06/2015 7:45
    6937976 3.79 23/06/2015 7:45 Shipped 23/06/2015 7:45
    6259003 26.95 15/05/2015 8:38 Shipped 15/05/2015 8:38
    6258818 0.01 15/05/2015 8:28 Shipped 15/05/2015 8:28
    6120058 206.82 7/05/2015 8:15 Shipped 7/05/2015 8:15
    6365443 REPLACEMENT 7/05/2015 8:15 Shipped 21/05/2015 4:31
    4412236 23.74 15/01/2015 9:29 Shipped 15/01/2015 9:29
    4412088 33.87 15/01/2015 9:20 Shipped 15/01/2015 9:20
    4412089 10.29 15/01/2015 9:20 Shipped 15/01/2015 9:20

The “Processing” item above is due to 1 item out of the 4-5 in that order having a processing time of 1 week, which I knew before ordering. I can ask them to split, or just wait which I’m doing.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks Simon, we just had some spam with fake praise for Banggood.com after your post, clearly paid. Not cool. I will check all of these posts and if anyone sounds like one of the retailers spamming us you will be banned!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Chris G
    Keymaster

Now for my little review of Banggood.com. I ordered a Teclast Air II 64GB model for $185 (very cheap) on the 14th of June. I just picked it up today, it was sent via Sweden Post and not POstNL which I required if possible.

It arrived in a white polystyrene box without it’s original box, which it seems I had to request it if I wanted it. The website page does state they use another packaging to avoid damage. So This time around I was aware of this. It’s nice to have the original box for my reviews.

Pros: Great price, quick to send

Cons: Very slow shipping, PostNL would suit EU buyers so much better (half the delivery time)

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viktor
    Participant

I ordered a Chuwi Hi8 from banggood and I was really surprised with their postage/shipping times, because I made the order on Saturday and it was already shipped on Sunday. I chose DHL because it seems like banggood have slightly higher prices of their tablets for the purpose of making shipping cheaper for themselves when offered free and to offer lower expedited shipping costs (for example the Chuwi Hi8 is $100 instead of the 92$ on gearest, but their DHL shipping costs $12 here instead of the $30+ other sites offer).
    Thursday afternoon DHL called me that they received the package and Friday I picked it up without any problems (except the horrible customs procedure they have in my country, but that’s not banggood’s problem).

It arrived in a while polystyrene box, that was very tightly sealed and seemed sturdy, but one critique I have is that the tablet was kinda freely wobbling inside, no filler in the box whatsoever. This might end up causing some damage, especially to things with some moving parts like fans or HDDs.

My unit arrived in perfect condition, save for a very long scratch along the screen cover, but I guess that’s a pretty minor thing overall.

Pros: Cheap expedite shipping options; good prices; very little wait between ordering and shipping
    Cons: I dislike their packaging somewhat, but it’s not a big deal unless reselling is important

Lasse
    Participant

I ordered a teclast x98 air II.
    It shipped after 2 days with DHL express as requested.
    6 days after ordering it was delivered to me in Denmark, in perfect condition.
    It was repackaged, a note in the box explained this was to avoid damage.

All in all, I am happy with the service, and will use banggood again.

Pablo_2015
    Participant

hi, some body know some discount code for buy the table cube i7 stylus?

Chris G
    Keymaster

hi, some body know some discount code for buy the table cube i7 stylus?

Try this, got it here from a comment on the site here, code: b185f7

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Pablo_2015
    Participant

Hi, somebody know how are the snap up offers? because i have seen you must pay first and then you must see if it was succesfull. I don’t know if they return the money if wasn’t succesfull.

CH
    Participant

Does Banggood normally acknowledge orders if items are not in stock? I just ordered a Hi8 2 business days ago and nothing has happened. I was pretty sure it said in stock when I ordered but now is showing restocked by 30th August which then quickly changed to 1st September.

I’m thinking of cancelling if I can. I can see this dragging out for a while and I’m keen to get my hands on it.

ehsan
    Participant

which shipping should i pick to avoid taxes in the uk as i don’t want to pay up to £30-£50

Chris G
    Keymaster

@wiiehsan Use the priority direct shipping method and it arrives via Netherlands with PostNL and I don’t have to pay taxes. But it takes about 10-14 days. DHL and FedEx I always have to pay tax (21% + processing fee)

But to be honest, it’s only around 5-6 days slower than DHL, using Aliexpress so many times I’ve paid for DHL and some of the crappy sellers take a week or more to send it.

@shonky Normally they ship things the next working day I find they are the fastest yet (second to gearbest.com) I did have a delay on a tablet and I emailed them. I got a message saying it had high demand and was waiting a restock. But the next day I saw it changed to shipped. I would email them, if not cancel it. I hate buying things that they state are in stock but really aren’t and nothing annoys me more when ordering online. (This is so common now on Aliexpress!)

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

ehsan
    Participant

it wont let me pick priority direct shipping i can only pick , <b>Air Parcel Register (Free shipping & 7-25 business days),<b>EMS Express Mail Service (£8.95 & 10-15 business days) and <b>Expedited Shipping Service (£3.90 & 3-7 business days)</b> . Which one should i go for to avoid tax</b></b>

CH
    Participant

Time for my review buying a Chuwi Hi8 from Banggood to Australia (also bought one about the same time from GearBest)

Ordered one with some extra screen protectors and the trifold case paying AUD$135.44 after $14.23 discount

26/8 Ordered

31/8 Received email stating it was out of stock after I emailed them querying it (I was 90% sure it said in stock when I ordered)

1/9 Received email “congratulating” me that my order had shipped.

29/9 Card in letter box to pick up from post office (to be available the next day)

30/9 Picked up from post office

It had been removed from it’s original packaging as expected with Banggood. The tablet lightly wrapped in from and screen protectors were inside a polystyrene box along with all the Chuwi accessories. They claim it’s better to ship that way but all that stuff was floating around in the box. The case was just stuck on the outside of the polystyrene box and the whole thing was wrapped in packinstg tape. Quite an effort to open without a knife also as the label and the case side were on the opposite site to the lid of the polystyrene box.

Tablet was fine and as new looking however it had been powered up. It started Android initially. Change to Windows 10 and it logged in with an already created user “g” automatically. This in comparison to Gearbest which started as a completely fresh install allowing me to pick usernames etc. A bit annoying since I don’t want the username g, so need to change that amongst other things. Otherwise it all seemed the same basically. Windows was activated with no issues but I believe it was already activated before I got it whereas the GB one I think activated in my possession.

I’ve only had it a few hours but seems identical to the one I bought from GearBest

So over a month from order to receipt compared with 20 days for GearBest (ordered after BG and received well before BG order).

Joel
    Participant

I’m interested in the Cube iWork 11 and it’s listed on BangGood here

http://www.banggood.com/Cube-Iwork11-64GB-Stylus-Intel-Z8300-Quad-Core-1_84GHz-10_6-Inch-Windows-10-Tablet-p-1010788.html

but I can’t  tell if it’s in stock or not (not sure if this tablet is available yet or if it’s a pre-order). It says “Usually dispatched in 6-9 business days” which I would have presumed meant it is in stock.

Can anyone with experience using BangGood let me know if this likely means it is indeed in stock?

Also, is paying with a credit card a good idea on BangGood?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password