Battery life

Battery life

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Battery life

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    lations
    Participant

for me it was just first laptop for 7y old kid, i don’t know when they will fix, but expect at least 2m for it. anyway i will probably buy some better one meanwhile because build quality was quite bad with ezbook – some stuff under bezel which got there for sure during assembling or weak hinge that broke a bit on side making screen not that stable, etc.

So I’m wondering if I should switch to a 12v/2a charger, what makes you sure that’s better??

SB
    Participant

not sure tbh, i will use 12v/2a only when it comes back and we will see…

lations
    Participant

OK so I did some research and asked some experts on other forums, they all agree that the charger should make ZERO difference in regards to battery life/damage etc.

lations
    Participant

HOWEVER, I’m disappointed with my battery. It’s awful, by my calculations I get about 4 hours max – is this normal?

But what has me really upset though is that I have a problem where it sometimes powers up only to Ninety Percent, even though the light is green and thinks it’s fully charged. Sometimes it charges to One Hundred Percent, I’ll confirm this by turning it on to confirm, but if I shutdown and come back a few hours later I’ll find it’s at Ninety One Percent for some reason. Does anyone else have this issue?

Today I am testing this again, I’m going to leave it unplugged overnight and see what the charge level is at in the morning. 

The reason I’m so upset is that I can’t tell if this is a faulty battery or not – it would certainly seem to be faulty, right? Gearbest have offered to replace it, but of course they need to confirm the problem first, and they might say “it’s fine”, or it might take them WEEKS to look at the unit, and I need the laptop for travel in mid-July.

Edit: There seems to be a serious issue with this forum, I cannot post replies if they contain numerics!

SB
    Participant

4h is quite the same i’ve got with new ezbook. i would wait 2-3m before exachage and see how battery works, new one won’t be probably any better. when my battery was weak already i saw that it was loosing power when notebook was shutdown, with battery lasting for 30m after a few hours of shutdown and having fully chareged before (green light) i had 50-80% after windows startup. didn’t check when battery was fine, but i would bet it was loosing some power when powered off as well.

my ezbook is on it’s way to spain on warranty now, should be there by the end of the week, but they will probably send it to china, i think it will take at least 2m to replace battery. i think nobody here did it before, because faulty battery in ezbook’s is quite new thing that appeard during last month (notebooks bought on feb-mar).

lations
    Participant

4h is quite the same i’ve got with new ezbook. i would wait 2-3m before exachage and see how battery works, new one won’t be probably any better. when my battery was weak already i saw that it was loosing power when notebook was shutdown, with battery lasting for 30m after a few hours of shutdown and having fully chareged before (green light) i had 50-80% after windows startup. didn’t check when battery was fine, but i would bet it was loosing some power when powered off as well.

Thank you so much for staying engaged on the forums, your input is valuable and very much appreciated by myself (and probably others, even if they don’t post).

I’m glad you understand my concern. 4hours sucks, but I take some solace in knowing that it’s probably about right.

The other problem though is very upsetting and quite worrying….I’m going to leave it overnight for another 24 hours before turning on, and see if it’s at less than Ninety Percent (which is roughly what it was at previously after leaving it for 12 hours or so). Actually, this is a potentially very serious issue, so much so that I felt compelled to make a new thread about it. Could this be indicative of another issue? Could it actually be that it’s “losing” power while turned off, or could it simply be something else such as incorrect reporting? What a headache, I just wish I had all the time in the world to wait around for a replacement from Gearbest (but even THEN, that might not fix it – on that note, does your new one do this?)

Kantakye
    Participant

My Ezbook 3 V4 can work on battery for 4h only  like many users. One reason why I selected this laptop was the battery…TOTAL FIASCO!

Using batteryBar, my discharge rate is always 3800mW, doesn’t change (strange).

If my laptop consumes 3800mWh and if battery capacity is 48000mWh. In ideal environment 48000/3800=12,63 hours!

Any idea what the users can do?

Kantakye
    Participant

I’ve opened my laptop

Lithium polymer battery
    model:3282122-2S
    Nominal voltage: 7.6 V
    Charge limit voltage: 8.7 V
    Rated capacity: 4500mAh 32.4 Wh
    Manufacturer: Dongguan Nuowei Energy Co., Ltd

Based in my electronics background theoretically we can use a charger that can provide 9Volts output and 2000mA. For sure internally there are some voltage converters that convert 12V to lower DC like 7,2 or 7.6 (nominal voltage). This means the laptop will charge around in 2h20m from 0 to 100%.

lations
    Participant

I’ve opened my laptop Lithium polymer battery model:3282122-2S Nominal voltage: 7.6 V Charge limit voltage: 8.7 V Rated capacity: 4500mAh 32.4 Wh Manufacturer: Dongguan Nuowei Energy Co., Ltd Based in my electronics background theoretically we can use a charger that can provide 9Volts output and 2000mA. For sure internally there are some voltage converters that convert 12V to lower DC like 7,2 or 7.6 (nominal voltage). This means the laptop will charge around in 2h20m from 0 to 100%.

You’d want to be absolutely certain before doing that, in case you someone damage it.

Besides, it already charges reasonably fast with the stock charger.

One question, does your laptop lose charge while turned off?

dAFUQQR
    Participant

Hi guys,

my battery also shows a constant consumption of 3800mW.

I bought in March this year and it had around 4-5hrs of battery time. To be honest I did not use the laptop a lot. Since two weeks I use it everyday for work and now the fullruntime is barely two hours.

I bought it with Paypal lets see what I can do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password