Battery life

Battery life

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Battery life

This topic contains 39 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  dAFUQQR 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author

Norg
    Participant
     @sipart

Here are two screenshots. Batterybar and Hwinfo. My brightness is currently set to 30%.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Rac4
    Participant

I have an EZbook 3 Pro and the battery won’t hold its charge longer than 2 minutes, even when it’s charged at 100%. I bought it in February…

I wondered what is the current status of your EZbook battery, now that it’s months old?

Chupa
    Participant

most people leave the forum when their problems are solved.
    Try PM

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

lations
    Participant

I just got mine yesterday and I charged it full (green LED) before using it, then used it to around 10%, then the next day (today) I charged for about 9 hours, and when turning it on just now Windows said 40%! WTF?

lations
    Participant

Here are two screenshots. Batterybar and Hwinfo. My brightness is currently set to 30%.

Hmm, that’s interseting. Mine, an Ezbook Pro 3, says the designed capacity is 36480 mWh……

Chupa
    Participant

maybe battery already crapping out.

let me guess 12v 3A charger?

new bios and 4 speakers in one bar near the screen?
    Do you have a capacity printed on the battery?

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

lations
    Participant

maybe battery already crapping out. let me guess 12v 3A charger? new bios and 4 speakers in one bar near the screen? Do you have a capacity printed on the battery?

Not sure what you mean by ‘4 speakers in one bar near the screen’. I haven’t tried opening the unit yet to physically check the battery. The charger is of course 12v 3a – aren’t they all???

I don’t think the battery is possibly ‘crapping out’ already – it just seems like it’s smaller than it should be. The OP of this thread, @norg, has a Ezbook Pro V4 and the image he posted just above shows 48000mWh. Don’t tell me his is actually fucked, not mine? Lol, that would be good news.

SB
    Participant

i’m sending my ezbook for battery replacement to gearbest next week. bought 12v/2a already, but when battery is dead it is sometimes underpowered with 12v/2a and ezbook shut down. anyway when they will exchange battery i will us 12v/2a to charge only (without using notebook), so should be fine. will let u know how it went.

lations
    Participant

i’m sending my ezbook for battery replacement to gearbest next week. bought 12v/2a already, but when battery is dead it is sometimes underpowered with 12v/2a and ezbook shut down. anyway when they will exchange battery i will us 12v/2a to charge only (without using notebook), so should be fine. will let u know how it went.

Sorry but I don’t really understand what you mean. When you say 12v 2a, you mean the charger, right? Why would you use that, when the standard charger is 12v 3a? I’m confused.

Also how did you know there is an issue with your battery?

Also most importantly – is 36480mWh the correct capacity for these? Not 4800Wh?

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Thank you so much</p>

lations
    Participant

OK so, my bios is 2/1/2018 (the latest I think), charger is of course also 12v 3a

I’ve had my Pro for a couple of days now.

Last night I drained battery fully, then charged overnight. When I woke up, LED was green which indicates full charge. But upon turning on the laptop, it was at 93%! And it went down by 2% or 3% within a few minutes of normal internet usage. BatteryBar reported “4.5 hours left” which seems quite short. Could this be inaccurate? Because Windows says 9 hours remaining, whereas Batterybar says 4.5 hours remaining…..

Anyway I plugged it in again after that, and it charged to 99%. But it’s very weird that it stopped at 93% before that and the LED was green. Why? Geren should indicate it’s full….not 90%..

SB
    Participant

about 93% – battery loose power even when notebook is powered off and it won’t recharge till u boot or (maybe) replug DC. some guys suspect 12v/3a charger is the reason for battery probles because i think old ezbooks where sold with 12v/3a. i have 12v/2a charger now and it works. how i did know there is a prob with battery? see attached screen, when i bought it 3m ago it was OK working 3,5-4,5h on net browsing. then on mid may it started loosing capacity rapidly, line 5-10% each day. when i made screen it was working for 30m, few days later only a minute. in 2 weeks battery became crap.

Attachments:

lations
    Participant

about 93% – battery loose power even when notebook is powered off and it won’t recharge till u boot or (maybe) replug DC. some guys suspect 12v/3a charger is the reason for battery probles because i think old ezbooks where sold with 12v/3a. i have 12v/2a charger now and it works. how i did know there is a prob with battery? see attached screen, when i bought it 3m ago it was OK working 3,5-4,5h on net browsing. then on mid may it started loosing capacity rapidly, line 5-10% each day. when i made screen it was working for 30m, few days later only a minute. in 2 weeks battery became crap.

Are you saying a 12v 2a charger would fix it? Because I have the same problem – last two times I charged it stopped at 93/94 percent, led was green, and wouldn’t charge the rest until I replugged. I’ve drained it again today and it’s charging again now while I sleep.

Should I stop using it until I can get a 12v 2a charger?

SB
    Participant

i don’t know tbh, it can be just batch of bad batteries after all. anyway my ezbook is now sent to gearbest for battery replacement and when i get it back i will use my 12v/2a charger (plug is 3.5/1.35mm).

my battery used to charge to 100% everytime, but i’m not how much of power is was loosing during standby/poweroff, because it was my kid’s notebook. it was fine till it got faulty and lost it’s all capacity during 2 weeks.

lations
    Participant

i don’t know tbh, it can be just batch of bad batteries after all. anyway my ezbook is now sent to gearbest for battery replacement and when i get it back i will use my 12v/2a charger (plug is 3.5/1.35mm). my battery used to charge to 100% everytime, but i’m not how much of power is was loosing during standby/poweroff, because it was my kid’s notebook. it was fine till it got faulty and lost it’s all capacity during 2 weeks.

Scary. I’m trying to figure out if it really is a defective battery and it’s starting to sound like it is. I don’t have much faith in the gearbest returns procedure – do you know how long that might take? I don’t have months and months to wait, as I need this for travel in a month or so. Did they give you a time frame?

Edit: Actually, I woke up this morning after charging it all night, and it was ACTUALLY on 100% this time. So I’m going to do another full discharge and recharge, and cross my fingers it is at 100% again. Hopefully that should mean it’s not a faulty battery right?

Regarding the charger, how do you KNOW that a 2a charger will make it better? Isn’t that just a theory right now?

SB
    Participant

for me it was just first laptop for 7y old kid, i don’t know when they will fix, but expect at least 2m for it. anyway i will probably buy some better one meanwhile because build quality was quite bad with ezbook –  some stuff under bezel which got there for sure during assembling or weak hinge that broke a bit on side making screen not that stable, etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password