Cheapest place to get Windows 10 version?

Cheapest place to get Windows 10 version?

TechTablets Forums Xiaomi Discussion Mi Pad Series Cheapest place to get Windows 10 version?

• This topic has 38 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by OW.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Aldo
    Participant

I might have missed the GearBest preorder sale for $248 by a day. Looking to get the Windows 10 version, but with its ambiguous release date, resellers seem to be fluctuating on their pricing.

Where’s the cheapest place to get it right now?

Thanks in advance!

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not sure, you could try Aliexpress or Banggood. Some sites are reporting it will be out today in China. And others now say the second week of January, either way I have it ordered so I will let you know if mine ships. I ordered mine from GearBest on special.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Aldo
    Participant

Yeah I think release is closer to the second week of January. No Aliexpress vendors carry it yet, and Banggood has it as “Notify Only.”

Kind of a drag, I was hoping to grab one sooner rather than later!

joe
    Participant

Not sure, you could try Aliexpress or Banggood. Some sites are reporting it will be out today in China. And others now say the second week of January, either way I have it ordered so I will let you know if mine ships. I ordered mine from GearBest on special.

i had mine preordered at gearbest also. They charged my card (Dec 21) so they said it should ship 3-10 days after that. Hopefully it ships out soon.

Any idea if it’ll be a good idea to do a fresh install of win10 once we get it?

Chris G
    Keymaster

Shouldn’t need a fresh install. Just as is it should be fine.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Aldo
    Participant

@Chris, out of curiosity, did your preorder from GearBest ship out yet?

joe
    Participant

I’m not Chris, but i’ll just throw in another data point. I haven’t got my order shipped from Gearbest yet. I asked their customer service about it, but talking to them is like talking to a brick wall. There was an article recently that said the 64gb models sold out in 60 seconds (not from GB, but just in general from Xiaomi). I’m guessing GB didn’t get enough stock to fulfill their first wave and I’m pushed back till late january with the second wave. Hope I’m wrong and they get stock soon.

Aldo
    Participant

Yeah hearing about the continued stock issues from the Gearbest folks elsewhere on this forum kinda scares me. Thinking about saying “screw it” and just placing an order with Geekbuying.

Was planning to wait out for a review on the Windows version of the tab but am leaving for a trip and really needed a compact workstation.  Both of the Chuwi tablets are looking enticing, though…

joe
    Participant

Yeah hearing about the continued stock issues from the Gearbest folks elsewhere on this forum kinda scares me. Thinking about saying “screw it” and just placing an order with Geekbuying. Was planning to wait out for a review on the Windows version of the tab but am leaving for a trip and really needed a compact workstation. Both of the Chuwi tablets are looking enticing, though…

I guess whatever will get it to you first.  I was looking at those Chuwi and Teclast 8″ versions also. Not bad for 1/2 the price of the mipad2. Not as sexy, but not nearly as much risk either.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Not yet, it’s not released yet. Nobody has it in stock. The lastest update is it might be out mid to end of this month now. Xiaomi keep pushing it back and they are sold out of all models now.

So it’s going to be a long wait… Geatbest, Geekbuying, Alixpress its all the same, communication is bad. Only Xiaomi themselves will know when it’s finally out. At least with BG and GB I have paypal protection.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

joe
    Participant

Here’s my latest update from GB:

Thank you for contacting Gearbest about your order. We are processing it.

However, please note for the item  is back-ordered.The item your ordered is a hot sale and there have been significant supply issues with the manufacturer.We are as disappointed as you and feel let down by the manufacturer. We wish to apologize unreservedly for this situation.

We can offer you 2 options:

Option 1 Wait a little more
    We expect to ship the item in 3-7 business days.
    Once we ship it you will receive an email from us.

Option 2 Exchange with another item of your choice
    Please send us the URL of the product you would like to choose instead.

If there is any price difference with the original item, we will either refund it to you on your wallet or send you an invoice to pay for it.
    Option 3 Cancel and refund
    In that case, we will refund full money to you on your payment account.

Aldo
    Participant

Damn, that sucks. I went ahead and placed a pre-order with Geekbuying, hope their estimate of the units arriving mid-month is accurate.

joe
    Participant

Well it’s been past 7 days and still no shipping notification. Not really surprised.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well it’s been past 7 days and still no shipping notification. Not really surprised.

No well nobody has it, Xiaomi still hasn’t released it. Some sites now say the 25th, only the 64GB Android version was out and it sold out in 5 minutes. I just hope it comes soon.

If anyone’s ships please let me know, I’m trying myself to get one asap for my review videos.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

joe
    Participant

Thanks, that’s good to know. Hopefully they can work out any production bugs in the android versions before the Windows comes out. I heard some of the tablets were having charging problems.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar