Chuwi Hi12 keyboard pictures? Dealbreaker?

Chuwi Hi12 keyboard pictures? Dealbreaker?

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Hi12 Forum Chuwi Hi12 keyboard pictures? Dealbreaker?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Chris G
    Keymaster

I just got this email, but my keyboard shipped out yesterday from BG but I the tracking number is a bit of an odd ball. Just a number and no RS or NL like PostNL shipping numbers:Chuwi Hi12 Keyboard

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

alessandro
    Participant

I got the same mail, and I didn’t ordered it. it is just in my wish list…

Aaron
    Participant

I got my Chuwi Hi12 keyboard yesterday for my tablet and I have to say that it’s not that bad, but it does have some Quality Control issues.

When I opened the box there was a screw in the bottom of the bag that it came in that had fallen out, I had a total of 4 screws that were stripped out, the hinge is not the strongest as the tablet slowly closes when it’s opened partially, but it is a fairly heavy tablet.  The final thing I noticed is that the space in the hinge that goes into the dock, the plastic edges have flak on them and it was not properly filed down, it doesn’t affect the operation of the tablet at all, it’s just me being nit picky.  I have to say, the color of the keyboard isn’t too bad, and the keys look not as super white as the original pictures, not to mention the track pad is the same color as the tablet and dock which makes it look pretty good.  I have attached 2 pictures of them together.

I had ordered mine from Banggood.com on March 12th and paid for Expedited shipping, they finally got them in stock and shipped mine out fairly quickly.  They shipped it on Monday (4/11) from China and I got it on Thursday (4/14) in the US in the state of Missouri.

Preston Gallwas
    Participant

I’m happy you got it but slightly more pissed now. I  ordered 3/6…

Chris G
    Keymaster

@aaalter Congrats on getting the keyboard, first in the forum. It looks okay, But how is it to type on? Do you think the flaws you mention with the build could be fixed with a little modding? For example, we could open it up and normally there is a nut to tighten for the hinge mech, which might fix the drop.

Shame the build quality is a bit average, hope mines okay! And I luck out in the Chinese tablet lottery.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:

Diego Marzorati
    Participant

Congrats!! Looks nice to me. I think this weekend I’m buying this tablet. I was going to wait another manufacturer came up with a product with SP3 screen. But I can’t wait =). And if it’s approved by Chris, is like a certification to me. Enjoy your tablet.

Preston Gallwas
    Participant

Got a tracking number today dated 4/9, separate from the one dated 3/23, so I think that means my keyboard is on its way.  Have yet to receive either.

This waiting is intense, I don’t know how you do it Chris :p

Ordered 3/6/2016

Aaron
    Participant

Thanks guys, it’s an awesome little tablet and keyboard.

There is a little bit of flex when pushing down on the keyboard, but it doesn’t feel too bad to type.  It’s not quite like typing on an Apple keyboard, a little more spungy feeling, but it definitely isn’t bad at all.  I believe that there is a way to open it up and mod it.  Just be careful that you don’t strip the screws out, or possibly just add some locktite to the screws and it should be good.

There are 16 total screws on the bottom that I’m sure will be able to pull it apart and make any mods needed.  I’m really hoping for a mod to add another battery in the keyboard like what is in the tablet already so we can be like the first Asus Transformer tablet TF101 and have it last upwards of about 20 or so hours.  I had the first transformer and I could charge it at the beginning of the week and make it to the end of the week with normal use all day.

There is a screw in the top of the hinge when you open it up in the center, I’m not sure if this is to tighten it up, or just remove the plastic rounded bit with the rubber feet on it which holds it on the metal bit, could be anything.  I have yet to test the 2 usb ports on the keyboard, but they seem sturdy and shouldn’t be a problem.

Hope you guys get the keyboard soon and can’t wait for you to enjoy it as well.

Also noted, so far I have not seen any scratches from docking the tablet and pulling it apart as previous tablets per Chris’ former Chuwi device reviews.

When it’s docked and closed, it feels super sturdy and no issues with it.  I have noticed one thing though, when you turn the tablet backwards, it does not line up properly when it’s closed, but not a big gripe for me as I will mostly use it for a keyboard and the occasional removal as a tablet.

I am also looking toward getting a glass screen protector, but the one that was pre-applied when I bought it really isn’t too bad, not exactly crystal clear, but it still protects it well and looks decent.  All in all, a great choice.

Well, I was wrong about one thing, the keyboard dock does slightly scratch the bottom of the tablet on the edge where the screen protector is, if I got a glass one, it probably wouldn’t even leave a mark.

winston smith
    Participant

-How does the trackpad ?

-Typing is ok ?

-How does it work with android ?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ll probably get my keyboard on monday 🙂
    And I’ll post some pictures for you along with a small review.

Can’t wait to finally get it! (hopefully it arrives in good shape, not with loosen screws)

Preston Gallwas
    Participant

chuwi contacted me via reddit and asked I do a review.  I told them I’d be glad to if mine ever shows -.-.  tracking info still says ‘origin post preparing shipment’

Aaron
    Participant

The trackpad isn’t too bad, it’s rather nice except when you move your finger above the top of the track pad and pull down like you are trying to move the mouse a little and it either switches the window to half screen instead of full screen or it minimizes it.  I bet this is something in windows that can be disabled, but so far that is what I have noticed.  The clicking is nice as well with it.  So far so good!

Ben
    Participant

My tracking says it has left China but the tablet is still unknown.

Hopefully both comes at the same time. Can’t wait!

post more pics and reviews everyone !

Anonymous
    Inactive

Guys, du you think this keyboard could fit with the Chuwi Hi12?

http://www.ebay.es/itm/PORTABLE-WIRELESS-BLUETOOTH-KEYBOARD-COVER-CASE-TABLET-STAND-for-SURFACE-PRO-3-4-/361478889889?var=&hash=item5429d221a1:m:mfN7Z4JqRP8iFT4E2q6vcRQ

I prefer this type of keyboard/protector over Chuwi’s solution.

Best regards,

DavidM

Chris G
    Keymaster

Well the clips/stays are different so it will not clip in place. Unless you can mod it to fit.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar