Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    T. Money
    Participant

Hello

After a lot of research the cause for the blurry screen/text in android is due to an incorrect setting in the boot image of the bundled Android version that comes with the Vi10

This is why DPI changes really had no improvement or effect.

However there is a 100% fix from an anon developer. 100% fixed confirmed on my Chuwi Vi10 Pro. It is also confirmed working on a Vi10 32gb.

Once installed this makes Android incredibly usable now! Its actually a great screen and its sharp, just like in Windows

Please note it requires you have your original Android partitions intact and that you are ROOTED.
    If you are not rooted, or do not know how to root your Android Partition see the following quick guide here

Note the instructions:

Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro
    Blurry Font Fix in Android

This is automated installer – Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this work

1. Install Drivers in order. (You can bypass if you already install these)
    1. 1-iSoC_USB_Driver_Setup_1_2_0
    2. 2-Intel_Android_Driver_Setup_1_5_0

2. Enable USB Debug on your tablet
    To get “USB Debug” option please follow below instructions
    1. Luanch “Setting” form your tablet
    2. Select “About Tablet”
    3. Keep on tapping “Build Number” until you see “You are now a developer!”
    4. Press [BACK]
    5. Select “Delveloper options” from the menu
    6. Tap on the [On/Off] button on the upper-right conner
    7. Select “USB debugging” from the menu

3. Connect the tablet and PC with USB cable

4. Double click the “RunME.bat”

DOWNLOADS:

HERE

T. Money
    Participant

<hr />

Note: based on the screen size (10.6 inches) the DPI should be 148 vs the 160 listed by default.

Feel free to tweak, however I’ve found 148 is quite sharp and scales well as it is standard MDPI for android

Chris G
    Keymaster

Great! This is just what this great tablet needed. Android was so crappy with the blurred screen!

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

T. Money
    Participant

Agreed! Now Android is totally worth keeping.

Fishy
    Participant

thank you so much! Unfortunately, when I run the RunME.bat file, it says

“Your table will reboot in fast mode …

*Daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037*

*daemon started successfully”

then I get no response for 30 minutes. Did I do something wrong?

T. Money
    Participant

thank you so much! Unfortunately, when I run the RunME.bat file, it says “Your table will reboot in fast mode … *Daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037* *daemon started successfully” then I get no response for 30 minutes. Did I do something wrong?

This means your tablet has no response in ADB mode – which is why you are not rebooting to fastboot.

One of two things can be happening – your PC is not reading your tablet when USB debugging is enabled OR you don’t have USB debugging enabled

Have you rooted your tablet successfully? – this is a requirement in order to run these commands

Fishy
    Participant

Thank you VERY much! I had a bad adb driver so I couldn’t reboot to fastboot.

Now I am enjoying android as much as windows on this tablet!

T. Money
    Participant

Thank you VERY much! I had a bad adb driver so I couldn’t reboot to fastboot. Now I am enjoying android as much as windows on this tablet!

My pleasure!

UserAnon
    Participant

What is up with this post ? there was already a download to fix this in the download section for the Vi10: Vi10 Pro – Fix Android Blur Text Issue (19.7 MiB)

https://doc-0o-54-docs.googleusercontent.com/docs/securesc/ha0ro937gcuc7l7deffksulhg5h7mbp1/ta51slee4scej3qcfupgor18tfaofbo4/1441360800000/09000005594416761639/*/0B4EXB7Ngka9pcHYycFZaYjZLT28?e=download

Stop reinventing the wheel please.
    In case you are pointing to the pro version there is no HW difference except for the 64GB drive.

T. Money
    Participant

Hello Sajuuk (@sajuuk-khar)

What is the value of your post Sajuuk? Do you have nothing better to do than to post sarcastic comments for no valid reason?

If you have nothing positive to contribute and are feeling a bit stressed or anxious over a post on the internet, take a deep breath and just relax.

Now regarding your strange comment as to why this post exists:

No one posted this previously on here with an explanation, or with a suggested fix for the dpi even post flashing the boot image.

Just because the file was uploaded, it doesn’t mean anyone knows anything about it (as seen in this post)

In fact I made a post so someone could easily search what wasn’t easily searchable.

At no point did I say I made this fix did I?

So why are you so snappy? Having a bad day?

Additionally, with no instructions, no one is really sure if what they are flashing is safe and in a proper thread people (like you see above) can post their problems when trying to use this, and of course we can help them troubleshoot if they have issues.

What issue do you have with that? Why so aggressive?

Have a nice day

Anders
    Participant

Hi!

I have a Chuwi Hi8. I see the same blurriness in Android, while Windows is nice and crisp.

I suspect that a similar bug in the boot.img prevents proper DPI changes. However, I need help from you experts on how to adapt this fix to the Hi8.

Thanks in advance!

oldsalt
    Participant

Sorry, entered in error

Anonymous
    Inactive

So what do you suggest? which kind of resolution is best?

I apply all the process, and the message was “SUCCESSFULL”…but I don’t see great results… I setup the DPI at 148…there are better resolutions?

drbourbon
    Participant

MUCH better now, thanks!!

Domingos Coelho
    Participant

Hi.

I have The cousin tablet of chuwi vi10: the Cube i10.

The hardware and firmware are similar. Cube i10 has intel Z3735F cpu. The Chuwi vi10 has intel z3736F.

Do you think these “patches” for chuwi will work also on the Cube i10?

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar