Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Omar
    Participant
    not English, so and had to use google translator. The problem I have is that I stopped working to the touch, sound and wireless android, do not know how to fix it.It does not work in windows me several things, such as camera, sound, any sensor and not have anything to do with the failures of android. I hope you can help me. A greeting.
    tripper22
    Participant

Fix is here. I made the same mistake and my Android os is back to normal.

http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/chuwi-vi10-and-vi10-pro-blurry-android-screen-fix/page/2/#post-16913

RAJES
    Participant

Hello After a lot of research the cause for the blurry screen/text in android is due to an incorrect setting in the boot image of the bundled Android version that comes with the Vi10 This is why DPI changes really had no improvement or effect. However there is a 100% fix from an anon developer. 100% fixed confirmed on my Chuwi Vi10 Pro. It is also confirmed working on a Vi10 32gb. Once installed this makes Android incredibly usable now! Its actually a great screen and its sharp, just like in Windows Please note it requires you have your original Android partitions intact and that you are ROOTED. If you are not rooted, or do not know how to root your Android Partition see the following quick guide here Note the instructions: Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Font Fix in Android This is automated installer – Thanks to everyone who contributed to make this work 1. Install Drivers in order. (You can bypass if you already install these) 1. 1-iSoC_USB_Driver_Setup_1_2_0 2. 2-Intel_Android_Driver_Setup_1_5_0 2. Enable USB Debug on your tablet To get “USB Debug” option please follow below instructions 1. Luanch “Setting” form your tablet 2. Select “About Tablet” 3. Keep on tapping “Build Number” until you see “You are now a developer!” 4. Press [BACK] 5. Select “Delveloper options” from the menu 6. Tap on the [On/Off] button on the upper-right conner 7. Select “USB debugging” from the menu 3. Connect the tablet and PC with USB cable 4. Double click the “RunME.bat” DOWNLOADS: HERE

Which version of the tablet need the fix? I have 64GB PRO version with S165C (Serial no:VI10PQ64G2215090****) . The text is not much blurred but it is not sharp and clear (slightly blurred). Can I use this one on my tablet?

ImADev
    Participant

I picked up a Chuwi Vi10 Pro recently instead of the Chuwi Hi10 because I wanted Windows and Android, but I didn’t want to emulate Android on Windows.

I noticed that the firmware uploaded to this website has been modified to include a patched kernel (boot.img). Whoever did that shouldn’t of because the modules within the kernel differ from the original. That means that on some tablets the touch screen, audio and more will fail to work.

I dumped my kernel, modified it to include the panelfitter line and then flashed it back to the tablet. That did help make the text look a little better, but some of the letters will still randomly appear bold and distorted. I’m surprised that nobody heres mentioned it as it’s very noticable on black text.

As I’m an Android developer I’ve created a much better fix. It doesn’t require you to modify the kernel, but you do need to be rooted and have Xposed framework installed. What’s important though is that my fix will apply to all Chuwi tablets that have the problem, not just the Vi10! I’ll be making it available for download through the Xposed installer within the next week.

With the stock and patched kernels it looks like this:

Using my Xposed module:

My Xposed module can also increase the text size:

As for my tablet, it’s a 221511 revision. It has a fast Toshiba 064GE2 eMMC drive which scores better than anything I’ve seen here. I’ve attached the benchmarks.

Has anyone else noticed that the Chuwi Vi10 Pro doesn’t have a light sensor? It’s not really mentioned online, but they removed it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    ImADev
    Participant

I’ve released it.

http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.imadev.chuwitweaks

When I’ve got some free time I’ll try to put a script together that’ll root the tablet, install Xposed and maybe something else too.

Update: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/tutorial-rooting-android-installing-xposed-and-more/

BeMoo
    Participant

@ImADev I have the same Vi10 Pro (221511). On which partition did you find the Kernel? Is it an Image? I couldn’t find it. At least not on an ext-partition. I’m not a dev but just wanted to store a copy (just in case).

I have tried your Root & Xposed script and Chuwi-tweaks. Mainly for multi user support and also for the font-fix. Is the font problem the same as the blur-problem others are experiencing? Because I din’t really notice that (I did notice the font issue).

Your script and tweak worked great. Thanks for that! However, I had to remove Xposed because my Horizon-Go app (live tv from my cable company) didn’t work anymore. The app started but the tv channels didn’t 🙁 I’ve tried Rootcloak and disabling Su but both didn’t work.

Fortunately, I could add users with xposed before I removed it 😉

ImADev
    Participant

Whatever you do, don’t flash the custom kernel posted here. It’s designed for older versions of the Chuwi Vi10 so it’ll cause touch, sound and WiFi to stop working. It’s possible to modify the existing kernel like I originally did, but the results are nowhere near as good as they are with Chuwi Tweaks installed. The text will look like the first picture in my comparison shots.

To dump the kernel:

adb shell su -c dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 of=/storage/emulated/0/boot_backup.img
    adb pull /storage/sdcard0/boot_backup.img ./boot_backup.img
    adb shell rm /storage/sdcard0/boot_backup.img

To modify the kernel yourself you’ll need something like Android Image Kitchen. Once extracted open up init.anzhen4_mrd7_w.rc in Notepad++ and search for “write /proc/sys/vm/dirty_background_bytes 25165824”. After that line add “setprop persist.sys.hwc.panelfitter 0”, save the file and then rebuild the kernel.

Is the font problem the same as the blur-problem others are experiencing? Because I din’t really notice that (I did notice the font issue)

It’s not exactly the same problem. The fonts do look like crap by default, but everything else seems okay. Some images and icons may look a little blurry, but that’s because there’s some DPI issues and the Vi10 will only use MDPI resources.

You might notice that YouTube thumbnails look poor in portait mode, but they’re fine in landscape mode. It’s really inconsistent.

BeMoo
    Participant

Thanks again for your reply @ImADev.

I wasn’t going to flash custom rom. At least not without saving my kernel first. I did however made a backup of all raw and ext partitions with Macrium. Should be good enough, right?

I’ve taking notice from the different versions and possible troubles. Did your kernel modification make it worth the effort?

In other words, not as good as your tweak but better than nothing?

Because of my lack of knowledge, I won’t mess with Android Image Kitchen. Occasionally, I will flash custom roms but only with good instructions and 99% sure it’s the right version for the device.

ImADev
    Participant

A Macrium backup will include the kernel.

When I modded the kernel I found that it helped a little, but the text still looked poor in most apps. Of course it’s better than it is by default, but not by much.

I could modify the kernel for you’d if you like. You should have exactly the same version as me so I’d just have to recreate it. You’d then install it like how you installed TWRP.

BeMoo
    Participant

That would be great @ImADev!

Would that be a boot.img? Could I replace the boot.img from the blur-fix script  with yours and run it?

So your kernel doesn’t contain a dpi (or should I say ppi) change but some other fix?

Maybe others with the same version of the vi10 as ours (and the same Xposed problem like me) would like to have it(?)

Do you by any change know if it is possible to hide (cloak) Xposed? Because my problem wasn’t with root. Cloaking root and/or disabling su didn’t do the trick. Removing Xposed did (with su enabled). So looks like the Horizon app has some kind of Xposed detection.

ImADev
    Participant

It’ll be a boot.img designed for the 221511 revision. And you could use the script, but I’ll package it with a custom one anyway.

It’s weird that you have problems with the Horizon app when Xposed is installed. Does it still close the app if you don’t install any Xposed modules? It’s just that normally apps will only check for root and not Xposed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-rootcloak-completely-hide-root-t2574647

Over at XDA the Horizon app is mentioned as a problem app for RootCloak.

BeMoo
    Participant

I have removed both modules (Chuwitweaks and Rootcloak) but with same result. The Horizon-app closes as soon as I select a channel. Strange thing is, Su can remain active. So it’s not a root thing, is it? Only problem seems to be Xposed.

ImADev
    Participant

Here’s the modded kernel for the 221511 Chuwi Vi10. To apply it extract the zip and click on the install_kernel.bat file.

If you’re rooted then my script will backup your exsting kernel before applying the modded kernel. That means that there’s very little room for error and you can easily restore your original kernel if you need to.

BeMoo
    Participant

Thanks for the upload ImADev. Installing it went ok.

However, I’ve noticed a strange behavior with the volume rocker. It goes from all to nothing (0% or 100%) and vice versa. Nothing in between. The rocker itself is ok (not a problem with Windows).

Maybe I had the problem before but had not noticed it earlier (I used an on screen volume control app) so I wanted to return to my old kernel to check it out. But your restore option could not find a backup. I’m I doing something wrong?

ImADev
    Participant

The only way it might of gone wrong is if you didn’t grant SU permissions from your tablet when installing the kernel.

Check the bin folder and your tablets storage for boot_backup.img.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar