Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi Vi10 Discussion Chuwi Vi10 and Vi10 Pro Blurry Android Screen Fix

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    T. Money
    Participant

Hi. I have The cousin tablet of chuwi vi10: the Cube i10. The hardware and firmware are similar. Cube i10 has intel Z3735F cpu. The Chuwi vi10 has intel z3736F. Do you think these “patches” for chuwi will work also on the Cube i10? Thank you

These will not work. The bootloader is not the same and the signing of files is completely different.

This could result in a bricked tablet

Domingos Coelho
    Participant

You are right. I applied the batch before read your post .

My Cube i10 is bricked. Recovery erase partitions but do not restore thte factory settings..

Now time to try reinstall android. do you konw how to do it?

Thank you anyway.

T. Money
    Participant

I have no idea for that tablet 🙁

Best bet is to check on the forum for the i10. It should be doable though

Phuturist
    Participant

I have a Chuwi Vi10 Pro and tried this fix. Although the blurry text seems to be better now I also lost the touchscreen, Wifi and Bluetooth functionality. Anyway to revert this or get this working again?

[EDIT] I fixed this by flashing boot.img from the latest Android image. Looks a bit blurry but I’m not even sure it’s the same, better or worse. I will live with it.

Nam
    Participant

I have a Chuwi Vi10 Pro and tried this fix. Although the blurry text seems to be better now I also lost the touchscreen, Wifi and Bluetooth functionality. Anyway to revert this or get this working again? [EDIT] I fixed this by flashing boot.img from the latest Android image. Looks a bit blurry but I’m not even sure it’s the same, better or worse. I will live with it.

Hi,

I’m having the same issue, but don’t know how to flash boot.img. I have all the tools installed on my computer, downloaded the android rom and rooted my tablet. Could you please give a quick instruction? Thanks.

Phuturist
    Participant

I have a Chuwi Vi10 Pro and tried this fix. Although the blurry text seems to be better now I also lost the touchscreen, Wifi and Bluetooth functionality. Anyway to revert this or get this working again? [EDIT] I fixed this by flashing boot.img from the latest Android image. Looks a bit blurry but I’m not even sure it’s the same, better or worse. I will live with it.

Hi, I’m having the same issue, but don’t know how to flash boot.img. I have all the tools installed on my computer, downloaded the android rom and rooted my tablet. Could you please give a quick instruction? Thanks.

Download the lastest Android image here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WhOdPMvW1OVElJMGp6LXlnSDQ/view?usp=sharing

Extract boot.img from this download and flash it by replacing the boot.img from the tool which T.Money created for the blurry text fix. It will flash the boot.img from the latest Android image instead of the boot.img with the blurry text fix (which will render your touchscreen useless in some cases appearently).

Fred Caruana
    Participant

That includes me now too.. Blurry fix applied but now my touch screen is just a screen. So thanks for the link to the image file!

Fred Caruana
    Participant

After rejigging the boot file and trying again I have my touch screen back! I suggest instead of using this fix file do what I did – after rooting, download the ‘Le DPI Changer [ROOT]’ app from the store to change the DPI!

Phuturist
    Participant

After rejigging the boot file and trying again I have my touch screen back! I suggest instead of using this fix file do what I did – after rooting, download the ‘Le DPI Changer [ROOT]’ app from the store to change the DPI!

If the problem is truly caused by an incorrect boot image configuration as suggested then this app will not make any difference. I changed the DPI in the build.prop and did not see a difference as well. Did this app really work for you?

birginioss
    Participant

Hi, I’m having the same issue, but don’t know how to flash boot.img. I have all the tools installed on my computer, downloaded the android rom and rooted my tablet. Could you please give a quick instruction? Thanks.

Download the lastest Android image here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_WhOdPMvW1OVElJMGp6LXlnSDQ/view?usp=sharing Extract boot.img from this download and flash it by replacing the boot.img from the tool which T.Money created for the blurry text fix. It will flash the boot.img from the latest Android image instead of the boot.img with the blurry text fix (which will render your touchscreen useless in some cases appearently).

Hey guys, nice to meet  all of you. I got my Chuwi from GB a few days ago and I was playing around with the Android. Screen looked not so nice so I thought I’d have to apply the fix. I followed the process and now the touch is not working. I tried to run the RunMe again using the boot.img that I extracted from the above link but it does not reboot to fastboot.

I also, booted to droidboot, then to recovery, then to apply update from ADB and tried to adb sideload the boot.img from above but I get the following error: E: end of footer from /tmp/update.zip not 0xFFFF (file exists) and E:signature verification failed.

Any help please? My laptop runs Windows 10 x64. Can you please tell me which adb version and which Intel Driver you’re using? I rooted/installed SU with the adb 1.3 and the IntelAndroid 1.10.

Thank you in advance 🙂

EDIT: Alright guys, I managed to connect to fastboot and flashed the original boot.img. Touchscreen is back. I don’t know if it’s blurry or I just don’t like its looks but I am going to try and edit the DPI manually. Thanks again.!

Miguel
    Participant

Hello everybody!

I have done the blur fix in my Chuwi vi10 32Gb and I have lost my touchscreen in Android. I tried to download the last android image in order to extract the boot.img but I couldn’t.

Could anybody upload only this file to a server? I’d be very thankful. Also I haven’t WIFI and the Android image is to big.

Regards.

birginioss
    Participant

Hello everybody! I have done the blur fix in my Chuwi vi10 32Gb and I have lost my touchscreen in Android. I tried to download the last android image in order to extract the boot.img but I couldn’t. Could anybody upload only this file to a server? I’d be very thankful. Also I haven’t WIFI and the Android image is to big. Regards.

Here it is my friend. Good luck.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D7B90A6D4542928!1248&authkey=!AJWEK7kkhtIPey8&ithint=file%2cimg

Miguel
    Participant

Thanks so much!!

I have use it to flash again the fix and the touchscreen is now ok. I have to use a USB mouse to unlock the screen in Android and accept the connection between tablet and PC because my windows didn’t reboot the Chuwi vi10.

Regards!

Danny
    Participant

I have successfully rooted my VI10 64GB I505 model using the root method on here, but this just wont work, comes up with cant find device after it reboots it. Iv’e tried using 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.32 and 1.3 to no avail. Is there an app through root that can change it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    sonnytlee
    Participant

Just want to say this worked great!  Much better.  Thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar