Cube i7 Book BIOS updates.

Cube i7 Book BIOS updates.

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Cube i7 Book BIOS updates.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    John Macie
    Participant

No. I saw you posted on XDA a couple of times. None of us got an informed reply. I imagine we’ll hear at some point. I do think the chipset is the same. I think Chris the OP of this site might be able to tell us the answer too. I’m having power problems, so a new bios might help. I’ll keep checking and let you know

ssszzz
    Participant

Thanks. I PMed Wootever over at XDA (I believe he is the creator of these custom BIOSes) and he confirmed that he no longer distributes those packages. Weird since they have new versions coming out for the i9 based on the i7 but I guess we have to accept it for now. Let’s keep each other posted if any news comes to light. Cheers.

P.S.: May I ask what kind of power issues you have?

John Macie
    Participant

I bought a used i7 cube book from a gent here that bought it and had power problems from the beginning. He spent months going back and forth with the vendor with no joy. I think the vendor had nothing to offer in the way of a solution. I’m not entirely sure why he didn’t send it back, but I guess it was not worth it to gamble on paying shipping costs. I decided that I would buy it from him, and it was a super bargain. It randomly shuts down and sometimes you hear it crackle right when it does. Sometimes it won’t start straight up. I opened the case to examine the battery connection and the heat sink , but I didn’t mod anything. I think there is an electrical short somewhere, but I have no idea how to troubleshoot it. I’m sure it is not heat related, as it powers off when it first starts and randomly over the course of hours, and sometimes it doesn’t crash at all. Very mysterious. It is a great tablet and it isn’t troubling to me that it periodically shuts down. I am in the process of researching the bios settings as they are much more numerous than any of the desktops. I have or have used. I’m hoping that I can figure out what most of the fine tuning bios entries means. If I come across something notable, I’ll let you know

ssszzz
    Participant

Oh, I see. Look more like a contact issue to me. But of course you never know. It can be anything and everything.

Something else to check: if I remember well when I did my heatsink mod I came across a microswitch that only lets the tablet to power up when the back is in place. I am not 100% sure though. You may want to check this under / around the factory heatsink plate. When I first opened the tablet up, I could hear a clicking sound as I pressed on the aluminum heatsink plate, exactly like the sound of a microswitch. First with the cover removed I was not able to power on the tablet until I pressed on the HS. It may worth to give this a try. Please let me know if you found it. Good luck!d

John Macie
    Participant

Thanks, I might open it again and get another ssd and mod the heatsink, but I have to save for a ssd 1st. I’ll check out that microswitch too, thanks

Lukas
    Participant

I tried flashing the Bios posted in this thread a while back.

No luck there, wrong Rom ID. That could mean that it’s the same version which is already installed.

Or they are for a different tablet.

Main reason for me is to fix the sd card slot under anniversary update. Al tough in the Uefi shell the sd is recognized.

ssszzz
    Participant

What exactly do you mean by fixing SD issues via BIOS? (I also have these issues as pretty much everyone else but fixing it via BIOS is new for me. I only found reports that this is a hardvare issue.) Thanks.

Katagiri
    Participant

Did you try this?

Problem with microSD card…

ssszzz
    Participant

Hey, thanks, just answered in the other thread. I do not have this option, the i7 bios looks completely different. Do you know for sure if custom bioses have this option?

Katagiri
    Participant

That BIOS is from iWork 8. I didn’t get my device yet.

I found this at some random Japanese website http://over-natural.com/iwork8/iwork8-windows.html

ssszzz
    Participant

Ah okay, thx. Please keep us posted.

Lukas
    Participant

I read on some forums, that the Intel nuk had problems with SD as well, same driver etc. (On anniversary) that got fixed through a BIOS update.

So I figured, it might help as well.

There is a BIOS available but it’s packed with a win10 img. My download from Baidu is about 70kb/s tops.

The whole zip is 7,5gb. :/

On the good side, the SD card is recognized in the UEFI shell. I dunno, but sounds like a Windows driver issuee. Tried SanDisk ultra 32gb

ssszzz
    Participant

How can you even download from baidu? I run into Chinese captchas all the time. Asked their support to make a mirror. They promised to get back to me. Never heard of them again…

Katagiri
    Participant

What’s the point to pack the BIOS with Windows? Windows is too big! Can you put the link to download it here? I’ll try to download myself and I can upload the BIOS only somewhere else.

Lukas
    Participant

http://www.cube-tablet.com/download/

Look for i7 book, put the link into jdownloader, and when it ask for a pass, just type in the one on the website

Takes ages for the download to even start

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password