CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

coocked rom based on 1.05, Version 2.0 :

If you like my rom/patch help and time spended on this tablet, u can buy me a coffee (i dont drink beer .. LOL)
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=RTEV5GEMNWTRA

Version 1.0 :
    – fully rooted with superSU 2.46
    – improved touch screen
    – cleaned chinese app
    – set local in US
    – improved Battery life (even more in idle)
    – Better internet browsing & download speed
    – Smoother experience
    – More Ram
    – Better signal reception
    – Wireless Tweaks
    – Smoother video streaming and tweak media
    – Faster Boot-Animation FPS
    – Game tweaks

Version 2.0 :

Updated superSU to version 2.52 (fixed various bugs)
    added TWRP recovery beta (thanks to vit900)
    added reboot recovery apk
    added Tweak : I/O and VM tweak
    added DARK BOOSTER X86 script Tweaker (launch terminal and type su then ABS to run script)
    How to install :

if you never installed the Intel driver and flashtools
    look at intel driver folder and install PhoneFlashTool_5.3.2.0_win32.exe
    enable usb debug !
    please clear dalvik-cache first by any method …. use clearcache apps  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.specsoft.clearcache
    or open Cmd from custom rom folder and  :  adb shell su -c rm -r /data/dalvik-cache
    or you can flash the tablet, then boot TWRP and clear cache if the tablet fail to boot ..
    if you dont know how to clear cache, the best is before flash the rom is to do a android factory reset under setting (Backup and reset option) but backup your android data first

This will update your system nothing is deleted and W10 untouched

start intel PHONE FLASH TOOLS
    you should see your tablet connected
    then open flash.json
    be sure that configuration: option is update so nothing will be deleted android peronal dans and w10 untouched
    if you choice restore or erase then erase all the tablet then flash fresh custom android and no w10

so configuration on update then start flash

enjoy
    https://mega.nz/#!qRczHCZT!GPoHPlwyx_JbkbcxaDcrKca0_1jbGo8i1KX9sAbMKUU

if you tablet fail to boot after flashing then try flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1 (by mirek modified fo Plus)

extract flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1.zip then inside the rom folder put all V2 rom file
    boot the tablet in DNX mode by pressing power and Vol- and Vol +
    Then start FLASH.1.1.bat and choice option 2 (backup your android data first.. W10 will be keep)

flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1.zip here :
    https://mega.nz/#!acp3VCpL!-jwMWZhtV-P0u2-lN4JzdhMNCNjp7WwdesBeToH7ksM

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

additional info :

• dont update superSu via google play last version 2.65 seem not friendly with our X98 plus, please disable auto-update supersu on google play
    • most of SDcard problem is from the tablet itself ! 🙂

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thanks, stuck this thread.

Looks good. Now if only we could fix the 1066 Mhz RAM issue.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Thanks, stuck this thread. Looks good. Now if only we could fix the 1066 Mhz RAM issue.

only bios lock it 🙂 … so we cant 🙂

Gal
    Participant

Amazing. I’m already using your ROM.  Download NotificationOff app to block superSU annoying notification.

Jan Mestdagh
    Participant

Hello.

First of all I’d like to thank Chris for building and maintaining this wonderful website. I recently started working as a teacher and decided a tablet would be a really good educational tool. Some of these Chinese tablets offer very decent specifications for half the money of a Surface so I decided to take the jump.

Secondly, thank you to developers like supercowz and mirek to develop custom roms for tablets. They can make a device sooo much better.

I ordered a Teclast x98 plus 3g. Will this custom rom be compatible with the device?

Thank you.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Amazing. I’m already using your ROM. Download NotificationOff app to block superSU annoying notification.

With version 1.0

With version 2.0  supersu dont ask to update binary …. ?

gerd wagner
    Participant

@spzjulien

I  tried at least 5 x to install the V2, always come only in a bootllop.

Dalvic was wiped, I am sure!
    looks like, it tries to start a recovery, what is not working and it goes into bootloop :-((

Went back to factory ROM

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

@spzjulien I tried at least 5 x to install the V2, always come only in a bootllop. Dalvic was wiped, I am sure! looks like, it tries to start a recovery, what is not working and it goes into bootloop :-(( Went back to factory ROM

Strange, some user reported working Rom, can you please try factory reset from android setting then jump to bootloader using vol- when tablet restart and flash the ROM … Or use mirek flasher using option 2 to keep win10 but clean Android install.. (Backup your Android data first)

Or if you think is Twrp involved u can delete recovery.img and rename original one to recovery.img from the ROM folder

Did you try v1 rom before ?

Aris Batatolis
    Participant

Does the tablet have to be turned on in android to flash the new rom? Otherwise it says that it is disconnected and can’t flash the device.

Update: Entered dnx fastboot mode, the flash tool recognised the tablet, but when i pressed flash it said “flash failed”

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    gerd wagner
    Participant

Yes of course,
    if you use the Intel flash tool , it must be on. (normal mode, just on”
    If you use Flash MIREK Toll, it must be mode in Fastboot!

Aris Batatolis
    Participant

Ok, guess I mixed up my guides. I’ll try it this way, thanks a lot.

gerd wagner
    Participant

@spzjulien

I have tried many things:
    flash rom after clear Dalvik cache with the Clean app, then cleaned it with CMD…..
    Finally, I have  installed the Faktory Rom , then made a Factory Reset, then flashed your ROM.
    It simply does not boot.
    Shortly after flashing, when I turn the device on, comes for a maximum of 3 seconds, a tiny white signature (not the Intel logo!)
    Maybe I should do something about it. But it’s too fast.
    When booting it goes in any one recovery mode with many red error messages Can not open data ….. and so on. Then the boot loop begins again.

I flash your ROM with intel flash tool.

Was able, view days ago, to intall V1, but I did it with Mireks Flash tool.

Maybe I will try again later. I wait for the feedback from the other guys…

But thanks for interest in my problem

gerd wagner
    Participant

Ok, guess I mixed up my guides. I’ll try it this way, thanks a lot.

Tell me your Experience
    I had problems installing the V2

Chris G
    Keymaster

@spzjulien There is a now a new bios update which fixes MicroSD card issues with certain brands and larger MicroSD. As a bonus it seems the RAM is now 1600Mhz as it should be. Bios is still locked out.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar