CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Plus Discussion CustomRom.X98Plus.Version.2.0.by.Spzjulien

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Aris Batatolis
    Participant

Same problem, it stops to what seems to be a boot screen, I’m not experienced with tablets.

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

Same problem, it stops to what seems to be a boot screen, I’m not experienced with tablets.

explain how you did it ? so we can try to help you ….
    if you have teamviewer, and free now i can take a look and fix  your problem

edit :

try this …

if you tablet fail to boot after flashing then try flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1 (by mirek modified fo Plus)

extract flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1.zip then inside the rom folder put all V2 rom file
    boot the tablet in DNX mode by pressing power and Vol- and Vol +
    Then start FLASH.1.1.bat and choice option 2 (backup your android data first.. W10 will be keep)

flash_tool_x98_PLUS_v1.1.zip here :
    https://mega.nz/#!acp3VCpL!-jwMWZhtV-P0u2-lN4JzdhMNCNjp7WwdesBeToH7ksM

Iñigo Martinez Lasala
    Participant

Hi everybody!

Tested both ROM versions. Everything working like a charm. Minor issues:

– SuperSU binaries update still present (in v2). It’s an upgrade over v1. Neither su binaries upgrade via normal or recovery worked.

-TWRP back on screen button does not work. So, after wiping caches or so, you cannot come back. Only manually reboot by pressing power button for 10 seconds.

Thank you very much to spz for starting the first custom ROM for this tablet. Keep going on!! 🙂

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

normally supersu in v2 should not say update binary, BUT if google play update it to 2.65 (in background..) then  update binary fail …

spzjulien supercowz
    Participant

@spzjulien There is a now a new bios update which fixes MicroSD card issues with certain brands and larger MicroSD. As a bonus it seems the RAM is now 1600Mhz as it should be. Bios is still locked out.

yes i try it allready but no progress here with my 128gb kingston under win10, but the card was working before … when i got the tablet
    what a crappy  sdcard Ic…
    didnt know about ram speed … nice 🙂

Aris Batatolis
    Participant

Sorry, I was’t at home, I’ll try with Mirek’s tool now and update you as to what happens.

Edit: It worked! Everything seems to be working perfectly! Thank you so much for your help!

Is it possible to remove windows (safely) without deleting android files? I’m thinking about doing it sometime later, I had the windows only version  (bricked it) and didn’t see any use for it.

gerd wagner
    Participant

very short feetback:

it works with Mireks flash tool

More later…

gerd wagner
    Participant

Everything works great

Supersu is working

And also the recovery

Very good work….

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s awesome!. I’m already using your ROM,too.
    I can install without any problems in this version.
    Thank you.

Timo
    Participant

(delete)

Timo
    Participant

Amazing. I’m already using your ROM. Download NotificationOff app to block superSU annoying notification.

Since you’re using this ROM – is there also that “wakeup-lag”?

Ali
    Participant

Hi spzjulien,

Thank you for this great service.

I just got some problem here. I have flashed  everything is fine. But after rooting and flashing, Facebook apps didn’t seem to work so I just want to wipre/factory reset from the reboot menu. Once I got there, the newly Team Win Recovery Project app welcomed me. That’s ok, but in this app the below touch screen buttons don’t work, including ” back” button. I am now stuck in this app. I can’t seem to find force reboot by using physical button on the left side of tablet. How can I get out of this?

Thanks in advance

Edit: I seem to find the solution(force quit- holding power + (volume -) ) but now tocuhscreen perceives absolutely different, if I want to click right bottom, I have to click left top. I think something’s not right?

Edit2: It seems now touchscreen is working with no problem, everything is working as intended. I highly recommend everyone to factory reset after flashing this rom. If I compare current status of device to the initial, it’s now way way ahead. A lot faster, more responsive and feels light. Even I don’t realize chrome’s lags a lot in the current situation.

Thanks again spzjulien.

Stapo101
    Participant

Hi.

Can you tell me, once installed can this ROM be un-rooted easily?  I need to have an unrooted device to run “Good Work” for work emails.  It currently crashes on the ready-installed ROM.  Thanks

mirek
    Participant

You have a problem with su ( not even update ) because is installed only partly … that is very dangerous it can brake system partition.
    The installation script is very obsolete ( for api lower than 17 ).
    Api 20 + needs different script …more complex

Stapo101
    Participant

Thanks Mirek, but I don’t quite understand.  Does this mean it wouldn’t work or that there is a risk in trying it?  If I tried it and something went wrong would I be able to flash the stock ROMs as per the geekbuying website?  Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar