Disable touchpad gestures?

Disable touchpad gestures?

TechTablets Forums Cube Forums Cube i7 Book Disable touchpad gestures?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Hi all,

I have just got my i7 book with the keyboard and I was wondering if anyone has come up with a way to disable the touchpad gestures? I keep accidentally minimising to desktop when using the trackpad and as far as I can tell there isn’t a neat way to disable this gesture. I came across this thread: http://techtablets.com/forum/topic/request-deactivate-touchpad-gesture/ which is marked as solved but I can’t actually see the solution.

Any ideas?

Dan
    Participant

Hi all,

Quick update on this. I have disabled the hotkey WIN+D (minimise to desktop) to prevent the annoying touchpad gesture which minimises windows to desktop.

Dan

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

How did you disable it?

timinus
    Participant
    Tim C
    Participant

Thanks Dan & timinus,

Finally something that worked on my Cube Mix Plus – I was just about ready to throw the keyboard across the room in frustration!

I have found a strange thing though. With the registry key added to disable WIN+D (as via timinus’s link above), I’m finding that a down-swipe from the top edge of the touchpad is sending the letter ‘d’ to the system. For example, when I have MS Word or Notepad open, a down-swipe can trigger the letter ‘d’ to be input at the cursor location. So it’s much better than the global minimise that was happening before, but still a bit frustrating when working on a document. Any thoughts?…

Papa Yoyo
    Participant

This simple script I wrote for AutoHotkeys works perfectly! It disables all offending touchpad gestures and triggers no letters. Copy and paste the following into a text document and save it as “DisableGestures.ahk” (or download the zipped script file below):

#a::Return
    #b::Return
    #d::Return
    #tab::Return

Download and install AuoHotkey  (https://autohotkey.com) and double click the .ahk script. Set it to autorun when Windows starts by placing the script file in the startup folder, located here…

Local Disc (C:) –> Users –> “yourusername” –> AppData (hidden folder)  –> Roaming –> Microsoft –> Windows –> Start Menu –> Programs –> Startup

The only side effect is that the following four Windows hotkeys are disabled:

Windows Key + A (Open Action center)

Windows Key + B (?)

Windows Key + D (Display and hide the desktop)

Windows Key + Tab (Open Task view)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim C
    Participant

Ah, thanks Papa Yoyo! I’ve removed the registry fix above and installed Autohotkey with your script. As you say, it works perfectly. I love that I can still swipe from the sides of my tablet screen, but on the touchpad all edge swipes are disabled & no letters triggered. Only (very minor) downside is a slightly jumpy mouse when you edge swipe.

Thanks so much – it’s made all the difference to the usability of the keyboard.

Iahong Upoc
    Participant

Great job Papa Yoyo, works perfectly! Thank you!

Marco Bianchi
    Participant

it runs well also for me….. thanks a lot Papa…!

Rafael
    Participant
    Papa Yoyo
    Participant

I did used this easy method (in spanish): http://androidpc.es/blog/2016/07/09/tutorial-como-modificar-atajos-tactiles-en-el-touchpad-del-teclado/

This disables entirely the windows key and bezel button, which may not be desirable.

nick
    Participant

does the autohotkeys fix also turn off the tap to click? I don’t mind the other gestures so much as the tap to click make the touch pad useless!!

Bjorn Muller
    Participant

How about pinch to zoom. Is a fix for that included in the script? If not, does anyone know how to do it?

NoneDark
    Participant

I’m using this script for AHK, it works pretty well on my Book. Or you can try this program from one Russian guy, I think it has English localization.

Bob D
    Participant

Please check the solution below provided by Tom:

https://techtablets.com/forum/topic/disable-touchpad-gesture/#post-46636

Using regedit, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\.
    Add an expandable String Value named ‘DisabledHotkeys’
    Simply add the shortcuts you don’t want (for this purpose, ‘D’) in there, and reboot

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar