EZB3 Pro 512 KingSpec write slow

EZB3 Pro 512 KingSpec write slow

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series EZB3 Pro 512 KingSpec write slow

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chupa 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Bernd
    Participant

Today installed a brand new 512GB KingSpec NT-512 into my EZB3pro v6. With the Microsoft SATA AHCI driver I get really low write performance: Only ~ 38 MB/Sec. Read speed is ~512MB/sec.

This is insane. When I installed the Modded Intel RST driver I get better write speed, but my read speed goes down to ~285 MB/sec.

Did someone have this also with your EZB3pro? And how did you solve this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Mine is working in a EZBook Pro v4 with these disappointing speeds…

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: Teclast X6 Pro, X4 and UMIDIGI S3 Pro
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Bernd
    Participant

Well, the thing is that when I use the MS AHCI driver the read speed goes up to 520 MB/s. Really impressive for cheap SSD. However the write speeds goes down to dramatic 60 MB/s. Using the modded RST driver I get the 285/250 speeds. So this looks to me a software issue. I’ve seen people running the 256 GB on faster speeds.

Chupa
    Participant

I had a 512 for a few days in my shopping kart and then the official factory store runs out of them???
    Also within a weeks time they never answered my question: is it is a Multi-level or Single-level cell?
    strange.

link

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Chris G
    Keymaster

@chupa Single level.

@berndh So what do I have to do to get 520 MB/s reads? Change the driver and where are these modded RST drivers you speak of?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Currently testing: FIMI X8 SE 4k drone, Chuwi Lapbook Pro & 2 x Lenovo laptops 🙂

Bernd
    Participant

https://www.win-raid.com/t3225f23-Intel-Apollo-Lake-N-SoC-AHCI-RST.html

There you can find the drivers. You need to first install the CA certificate. The only way I get the 512 MB/s sequential reading is using the original MS AHCI driver, but with 60MB/s writing speed. The system also reponds sloppy. Therefor I installed the Intel RST version from the above link and write speed goes up, but read cut in half. But with this driver the system reponds better.

Chris G
    Keymaster

Thank you, well I will just leave it then at 360 / 160 writes. better than 520 / 60.

Chris | Admin
    Next up for review:

Chupa
    Participant

are there any people with faster kingspec maybe 256GB
    I am quite happy with the 256GB foresee what is factory installed in the Jumper 3S

Attachments:

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Oddi
    Participant

Thank you so much, the driver in this post saved my kingspec 128gb. I was thinking I had a faulty drive, getting really slow read at 20 and writes at 320. This driver made me get a balanced 260/260 read/write.

Thomas Z.
    Participant

I got a Kingspec 256gb. The 4k read/write sucks but all in all ok for the money. The benchmark was on normal M$-driver.

Edit: since i now using the notebook more, i more get annoyed by the SSD because it has micro lags and need way more time then it should to react… So now i cant recommend it anymore!

Attachments:

Bernd
    Participant

I pulled the KingSpec from the EZB and installed the Crucial MX300. Perfect speed.

Installed the KingSpec into my other PC and there I get good results.

Chupa
    Participant

found this info on the ali kingspec reviews:

SSD Capacity: 512GB

the seller told me the SSD uses Micron or Intel brand of NAND flash. In fact the SSD I received uses SpecTek brand of NAND flash. According to SpecTek NAND Flash Part Numbering System, Grade and Product Definition -AS = Full Spec for SSD (100%) -AL = Full Spec for USB/SD and low end SSD (100%) -AF = Full Spec for low end USB/SD (100%) -AR = Relaxed Spec (see Functional Density) -HP = Single Plane, half capacity -S5 = Partially tested, est yield of 50% -S7 = Partially tested, est yield of 70% -S8 = Partially tested, est yield of 80% Grades -AS and -AL NAND flash may be used for SSD. Grade -S8 should not be used for SSD. The SSD I received uses Grade -S8 NAND flash. SpecTek and Micron are two different brands, even though SpecTek is owned by Micron Technology, Inc. Micron Technology, Inc. uses SpecTek brand to market substandard products.”
    “512GB
    Be aware! This SSD has very low quality! Stay away if you are not restricted to use a M.2 2242 SSD. 1. The NAND is down-graded MLC NAND (Spectek S8 level), and shouldn’t be used for SSD. If you go to Spectek’s website and search for the package code, you will know. 2. The controller is MK8115 which also has a low quality. It doesn’t even support LDPC code so you need to expect a short lifespan of the SSD. As mentioned by another buyer, this controller is also unstable! Low-quality NAND + low-quality controller = very unreliable! The seller pays $2 for each “good” review. That’s how the rating becomes very high.”
    “512 – Seems not compatible with Jumper EZBook 3 Pro. Cloning of EMMC took more than 20 hours and still unable to boot up. Clone possible only with a M.2 to USB 3.0 adaptor (30min). Transfer rate is only around 1mb/s and booting up is very slow. No response from Kingspec regarding this problem. Ho Kwok Weng”

Need Help?

Chupa
    Participant

Well my 512GB Kingspec 2280 is as fast as is should in the Jumper 3S

read and write above 500

more here

Attachments:

Need Help?

Bernd
    Participant

Still using the crucial and have the Kingspec 512M broken and shipped back for replacement. They gave me Z3 Kingspec 512 GB in return. I use this low budget SSD in my car for music/video. That is perfect, don’t install this stuff in computer anymore, I stick to the branded stuff, like Crucial/Samsung/Intel etc.

Chupa
    Participant

over 10 months over 8 hours a day and not a single problem

Attachments:

Need Help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password