ezbook 3 pro power adapter replacement

ezbook 3 pro power adapter replacement

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series ezbook 3 pro power adapter replacement

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SB
    Participant

today my kid broke power adapter, plug on the end of it is damaged. can somebody point me where i can buy replacement? i know it’s 12v/3a, but not sure about plug dimensions, outer seems 3.5mm, what about inner?

Chupa
    Participant

with the outer 3.5 the inner is mostly fixed.
    there is one with a pin size tip but that is very rare.
    So if you have the choice choose the bigger inner diameter.
    you can even go into a local Chinese store and get a cheap multi PSU with different adapters
    the cheapest one will do because you just need 12 v 2a for slow loading and 3a for faster loading.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

SB
    Participant

i’ve ordered 12v/3a power adapter from ali.

today i’ve also noticed some strange things with battery which i wasn’t aware before because my kid use this notebook and didn’t tell me there is any prob. battery works only for about 30 minutes now, when i bought it ~3 months ago it last for 3-4h. i’ve made windows 10 battery report and noticed that battery have lost it’s capacity quite rapidly during last 10 days, take a look at the screenshot. most of may it was working for 2.5-3h, but since 21st of may it started to loose a lot of capacity, and today estimated runtime is only 45m. it doesn’t even work for that long, because when it shows 30-40% notebook just turn off.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chupa
    Participant

read through this thread

you battery is fast dying

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Andrew12345
    Participant

ezbook 3 power adapter
    we saw one adapter in one store

do u need now ?

if u still need , we can find for u

Andrew12345
    Participant

hi ,friend

i think it is ezbook 3 pro battery problem

many buyer have problem of battery .
    it is doesnot matter of adaptor

Andrew12345
    Participant

hi ,friend

lations
    Participant

hi ,friend

Thank you for your input, Andrew.

Actually, you are right – I asked some expert electricians in other forums and they all agree that 3a/2a power supply should make ZERO difference. So it’s not the power supply.

Stvm
    Participant

i did the same, best bet is get a multipurpose adapter with an included set of different size plugs at a local electronics supply store,  get a better quality chager with local return if there is any probs.

Kantakye
    Participant

I’ve opened my laptop

Lithium polymer battery
    model:3282122-2S
    Nominal voltage: 7.6 V
    Charge limit voltage: 8.7 V
    Rated capacity: 4500mAh 32.4 Wh
    Manufacturer: Dongguan Nuowei Energy Co., Ltd

Based on my electronics background theoretically, we can use a charger that can provide 9Volts output and 2000mA. For sure internally there are some voltage converters that convert 12V to lower DC like 7,2 or 7.6 (nominal voltage). This means the laptop will charge around in 2h20m from 0 to 100%.

jose
    Participant

I bought a charger 9v 2a and it works fine. maybe with this charger the battery does not degrade

EDIT: don´t charge.

lations
    Participant

I bought a charger 9v 2a and it works fine. maybe with this charger the battery does not degrade

Yes, me too, although I think it might still be losing some charge while power is off.

Soembody said you can turn off the ‘USB charging’ option and it will reduce this?

Chupa
    Participant

so 9V 2A works fine but don’t charge battery?

amazing

and, yes, I explained the slow discharge and how to stop it.

Need Help?

lations
    Participant

so 9V 2A works fine but don’t charge battery?

amazing

and, yes, I explained the slow discharge and how to stop it.

Sorry but you didn’t respond in that actual thread with exact details of how to do it, you just said it was possible.

Please enlighten us, uncle chupa! We are but retards.

jose
    Participant

I was wrong, I’m sorry. I saw the drawing of the battery charging, but it does not charge.
    I am so sorry

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password