Ezbook 3 pro V6 horrible WiFi

Ezbook 3 pro V6 horrible WiFi

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook 3 pro V6 horrible WiFi

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fabio
    Participant

Hi guys. Hi know this is a topic that you had discussed a lot of times, but I need some more “specific” help.

As title, the wifi on this laptop it’s just horrible, absolutely garbage. It frequently disconnects, it’s slow, poor range etc.
    But my main problem is that it totally hang and lose connectivity when the laptop it’s base on a surface… I must lift it with something on left side for make the wifi work again (bad, but works). I did some tests… Put laptop on a table / surface during a download, speed goes WAY down or just totally hang, if I raise it, download starts again at full speed…
    I did open the back of my Ezbook 3 pro, antennas are connected good, cables are ok… Maybe the cables or the wifi card touch the alluminium body when faced on a surface? Should I try isolate it with foam or something similar? This sh** is getting me VERY angry and nervous… Plus, cause I did open it and modded for fit an standard m2 ssd, I can’t even use my warranty…

Oh yeah and of course, it’s impossible use the left usb because as soon as I connect something to it, wifi die. Should I buy an X4 and destroy this thing? lol…

Any hint? It’s not my main notebook, it’s for my father, and I really need he can use it without problems…  Thanks

Sx C
    Participant

your best bet is to just disable the ac3165 and use a wifi dongle instead, this is what i do with almost all of my MIC device when the wifi is near or totally useless

SB
    Participant

try to disable auto / 40 mhz channel width in wireless driver settings (device manager -> wifi card -> advanced). on my ezbook when i put it on flat surface ping rise to 1000ms and there is pocket loss. after switching to 20 mhz only there are no such problems anymore.

Fabio
    Participant

Done, I’ll report later if something changed^^, thanks for help 🙂

Fabio
    Participant

try to disable auto / 40 mhz channel width in wireless driver settings (device manager -> wifi card -> advanced). on my ezbook when i put it on flat surface ping rise to 1000ms and there is pocket loss. after switching to 20 mhz only there are no such problems anymore.

MAN you are my hero! This solution should be posted EVERYWHERE.

Speedtest before the fix = 4mbit/5mbit with notebook raised a little from surface and drop till 0 when placed on surface.
    After fix = FULL 10mbit of my net with no drops, no disconnections etc. Absolutely AWESOME. And yes, it’s placed on a totally flat surface.

This answer should be pinned and posted EVERYWHERE. Thanks man!

Luca
    Participant

You are my hero as well!

After installing the M.2 SSD my Wi-Fi basically died. After changing this setting it started working perfectly.

Thanks!!

Jan Husťák
    Participant

Thank you, this quick fix has improved my download speed from 7 Mbps to 13.5!

Chupa
    Participant

remember radios? ukw had the shortest range while with low wave long wave could reach around half the globe.

same here

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar