Ezbook pro 3 shut down randomly

Ezbook pro 3 shut down randomly

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series Ezbook pro 3 shut down randomly

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    TheFabius68
    Participant

I don’t know why. Although battery is fully charged, randomly my pc shut down suddenly after a while after start or even it doesn’t start at all. Only if I plug the power I can use it! Only few times It works correctly… Without any warn, it stops!

That’s incredible!

Please, help!

Chupa
    Participant

how long you have it?
    and what did you alter?
    did windows updated to a new version like 1803 or so?

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

TheFabius68
    Participant

Got PC on March 2018 and this issue I think is native…

I didn’t do anything about hardware or software… Just updated to the latest realease of Windows, 1803. But this, didn’t correct this bug…

Thank you.

Giovanni
    Participant

It’s new, use the warranty from the seller

EZbook 3 Pro BIOS modder - find my work here
    If you want to tag me, my username is thegiolly

TheFabius68
    Participant

Thank you, but they say to send it back and it’s too expensive. I am from Italy…

Chupa
    Participant

if you used paypal you can get shipping compensation.
    If it is defect easier to waste a bit money now than wasted all later.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Mike
    Participant

I have the same problem. It appeared after 4 months of using. If i start laptop on battery it will shut down after couple mintes whitout any warning. After that I can turn it on but Windows won’t load, laptop will shut down. Only plugin power adapter bring laptop back.

@TheFabius68 did you resolve problem?

Chupa
    Participant

i think your battery is dead, did you check with battery bar or opened up to check for bloated battery?

Need Help?

Mike
    Participant

Battery bar shows about 36-38 Wh (I will check later and give accurate number 36480 mWh). Battery is charging. After shutdown battery bar shows that battery isn’t fully charged and start to charge it.

I didn’t open laptop, because of warranty stickers.

Gearbest whant to give me 65$ refund. But I’m little afraid that it could be some mainboard problem.

What do you think?

Sx C
    Participant

download hwinfo and monitor the battery voltage, note the voltage when fully charged, take the charger out and monitor the voltage, a good battery should drop no more than 0.2v(lowest brightness cpu near idle), if it drops to lower than 7.6-7.8v immediately then you have a faulty battery which fortunately still can be replaced.

if the battery is fine then send it back to gearbest, you will not be able to repair it if the problem lies elsewhere.

Chupa
    Participant

checking mine via hwinfo, the voltage stays constant at 7.6V
    but then it is a jumper 3S with a different battery electronic (2 extra different colored cables from the battery)

I can only see the filled capacity and the actual capacity also the charge / discharge rate and also the wear of 7% in 8 months
    report back with some battery bar data and the run time and discharge rate.

65$ is a good price for replacing your battery, others got offered half and took it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Need Help?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar