F7 keeps freezing

F7 keeps freezing

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums Teclast Laptops F7 keeps freezing

Tagged: 

• This topic has 31 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Aj.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Ray Dollars
    Participant

Hi All,

My Teclast F7, which has worked flawlessly since February 2018 has suddenly started freezing. The only option is to hold down the power button and wait for it to reboot. None of the keyboard inputs (eg Caps Lock) respond. Application open is Chrome with a few tabs. It’s plugged into a usb hub and ethernet adaptor. The only other peripheral attached is a Microsoft ergonomic mouse.

I’m a bit of a newb when it comes to diagnosing a problem like this. I have no idea how to use the Event Viewer, so any advice gratefully received.

I’m not getting any error messages or warnings, just a cursor freeze and full lock up. Closing the lid does nothing either.

Is this a hardware issue or something else?

Ray Dollars
    Participant

I should add… the laptop never gets even slightly warm and I have fitted an SSD an migrating the OS from the eMMC drive that came as standard. It has been running like this flawlessly since february. Just started freezing two days ago.

What steps should i follow to diagnose the cause?

Chris G
    Keymaster

I would try troubleshooting it by seeing if it happens without the SSD. Full lockups can somethings in my experience can be caused by faulty SSDs. Or it can be software. So if it runs well on the eMMC with no lock ups, it would see it’s the SSD or the Windows installation.

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Here’s an update. I checked the event viewer. Each freeze created a Critical Error event type 41. (See attached) The crashes have become more frequent.

To rule out software I reloaded Windows 10 and reset everything back to stock. Still freezing.

Then I discovered it can run on battery power with no issues. It ran for a good 5 hours without a single crash. Hmm.

Would this be an issue with the charger or the mains port or something internal? I’m trying to talk to Gearbest to see what they will offer in terms of support, it’s still within the 12 month support period.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ray Dollars
    Participant

Just to update this thread for other F7 users experiencing random freezes. Gearbest can not offer a fix only a $50 GB voucher. Apparently there is no fix available from the manufacturer.

Other users have reported similar problems and have tried different mains charger, but still experience random freezes.

I’ve been told by a technician friend this could be a motherboard problem at capacitor level.

Feel free to share your experiences and (hopefully) we can find a real fix very soon.

Derrick
    Participant

As i wrote in the post “install new windows…..” teclast said to me they can give a new firmware. I’waiting, and I’ll keep you informed.

I get a second teclast f7 from geekbuyng (the first one was frome gearbest) and as the first after two days it started to freeze when the adapter is plugged in.

Andrea
    Participant

Hi to all . I am new in this forum. I have bought a teclast LAPTOP F7 from Gearbest in november. It comes with the TECLAST ssd broken. I have bought another one a TREKSTOR 128 GB SSD , i have installed windows 10 HOME from USB pen DRIVE .

The laptop worked well only with battery ,while with the power siupply keep freeze in few minutes. I noticed that with the power supply connected i warned some current dispersion on the case because of the White power supply has not the ground pin . I have modified an old power charging with the ground cable. I have not solved nothing. the laptop continue to freeze also with the new power charging.

So the problem in NOT on the SSD, NOT on the POWER SUPPLY .

I SOLVED the problem by re-installing windows HOME and keeping the UPDATE blocked .

TO keeep Update blocked you have to type  microsoft flag botton  + R botton

in the txt box tha appear type ” services.msc” and the ok.

In the new window that appear you have to double click on “WINDOWS UPDATE” row.

In the General folder you have to DISABLE the type of boot in the middle of the window.

WHO blocked our TECLAST was a windows update. Now is a week that my laptoop always with power supply connected never keep freeze.

YOU HAVE TO RE-INSTALL WINDOWS HOME AND BEFORE TO ANY UPDATE YOU HAVE TO BLOCK WINDOWS TO DO IT.

PROBLEM SOLVED TRY TO BELIEVE AND REPLY TO ME.

Lubomir
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I started to experience the same problem after 2 months or so. My F7 started to freeze randomly, mostly when connected to adapter (not on battery). I had a feeling that might something to do with either some software update (possibly windows update), installation of new software or some other settings changed. Then I found this video instructions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28aeUeFokL8. I realized that I was changing the power options and settings of the power plan. I changed the settings according to the video and since then computer did not freeze, whether it is connected to power supply or on battery. It has been four days now with no freeze.

Hopefully this will help to you as well. Let me know if this helped to you too. Good luck 🙂

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Will try changing the power options, but I don’t hold much hope.

Ray Dollars
    Participant

Changing the power options made no difference for me. This has to be hardware.

Chupa
    Participant

what was your original windows version it came with?
    what version you are running now?

Try to go back to the original version and as suggested in a fixed! post above and then use shutup10 to disable all updates.
    You can do this test via installing the old windows on a  usb stick and boot from it. Then see if it is not crashing.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Andrea
    Participant

Hi to all
    a week is already elapsed and my laptop Teclast F7  does not freeze anymore when connected to the power supply

I HAVE REINSTALLED WINDOWS 10 , I HAVE BLOCKED ANY WINDOWS UPDATE AND AFTER I HAVE USED A PROGRAM TO UPDATE DRIVER.

IF YOU WANT TO TRY YOU CAN FOLLOW THE ISTRUCTIONS AS FOLLOW. IF YOU ARE NOT AN EXPERT YOU HAVE TO GET SOMEONE  TO HELP YOU ,I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES

To reinstall windows 10 home  you have to follow this procedure:

CREATE A USB INSTALLATION KEY

1)you have to download MediaCreationTool1809 from this site: https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/software-download/windows10
    2)when the download is completed you have to insert a USB KEY ( 8gb minimum is required ) into your PC

3)launch Media Creation Toll and follow the instructions to create an USB BOOTABLE KEY with WINDOWS HOME.
    -choose language
    -edition WINDOWS HOME
    -architecture 64bit
    and click on NEXT
    – choose USB FLASH UNIT
    and click on NEXT
    Now you MUST wait the procedure completes until the end when a string ” USB UNIT IS READY ” appear.

NOW YOUR USB UNIT IS READY

LET’S USE IT TO REINSTALL WINDOWS AS FOLLOW:

4) keep usb key inserted and reebot your laptop by holding down DELETE KEY.
    5)your laptop start in BIOS mode.You have to select the usb key as first choice in the BOOT MENU.SAVE AND EXIT from configurazion and restart your PC.
    6)Now WINDOWS home start to install.

7)When the procedure ask you if you have a serial number you have to select ” i have not serial ” and click on NEXT (the serial is into FIRMWARE in our TECLAST and is NOT NEEDED)

8) After you have to choose ” CUSTOM INSTALLATION : WINDOWS ONLY ”

9)when the procedure ask you where to install windows you have to select the PRIMARY PARTITION (110-120 GB)

DURING INSTALLATION DO NOT PERFORM ANY UPDATE WHEN REQUIRED !!!! DO NOT CONFIGURE ANY WIFI NETWORK !!!!!!

complete the installation by following the instruction on screen.

WHEN INSTALLATION IS COMPLETE and your PC START IN WINDOWS MODE,YOU HAVE TO BLOCK ANY WINDOWS UPDATE

to BLOCK ANY WINDOWS UPDATE YOU HAVE TO FOLLOWS THESE STEPS:

10) type  MICROSOFT FLAG KEY  + R KEY
    11) in the txt box thaT appear type ”services.msc” and the OK.
    12) In the new window that appear you have to double click on “WINDOWS UPDATE” row.
    In the General folder you have to DISABLE the type of boot in the middle of the window.

NOW YOU HAVE TO UPDATE YOUR DRIVER BY DOWNLOADING DRIVERPACK 17.exe from this site: https://driverpack.io/it

13)connect your TECLAST to INTERNET and execute DRIVERPACK17.
    14) SELECT ” SCAN THE SYSTEM ”
    15) ACCEPT THE CONDITION IN THE TOP OF THE SCREEN
    15)  CHOOSE “EXPERT MODE”
    16) GO INTO SOFTWARE MENU’ AND DESELECT ALL PROGRAMS
    17) GO INTO DRIVER MENU’ AND CLICK ON ” INSTALL ALL ”

WAIT THE PROCEDURE TO BE COMPLETED

AT THE END YOUR TECLAST WILL NEVER FREEZE ANYMORE.   ( KEEP ALWAYS WINDOWS UPDATE BLOCKED )

Andrea
    Participant

what was your original windows version it came with? what version you are running now? Try to go back to the original version and as suggested in a fixed! post above and then use shutup10 to disable all updates. You can do this test via installing the old windows on a usb stick and boot from it. Then see if it is not crashing.

My tesclat F7 comes with Windows 10 Home edition , and i have reinstalled the same version . ( 64bit )

Michele
    Participant

Hi, sorry for my bad english, I’m italian and I bought this laptop last August from Banggood… Yesterday I had the same problem yours, the pc freezing randomly … this thing happens to me after 10-15 minutes of use. I tried to change the power settings but the problem still remains…Please help me!

Andrea
    Participant

Hi Michele i’am italian too .Il tuo Teclast si blocca solo quando è connesso all’alimentatore o capita anche quando è solo in batteria?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar