[Partially Solved] Failing to boot Manjaro USB key – EZbook 3 pro

[Partially Solved] Failing to boot Manjaro USB key – EZbook 3 pro

TechTablets Forums Jumper Discussion EZBook series [Partially Solved] Failing to boot Manjaro USB key – EZbook 3 pro

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Garga Mel
    Participant

Maybe it’s just my laptop’s hardware issue, but I noticed some minor weirdness/issues

• The ENTER key registers a KP_Enter keycode instead of a Return keycode
      • Fix: Remap key

I’m getting the same behavior probably a pooly designed keyboard. This breaks the Enter key in ZSH for example. Fortunately it is fairly easy to remap the correct key. I took the opportunity to remap F11 and F12 keys to home, end, page up and page down. I’m starting to think this lapbook can be usable as a linux machine !

Tasz
    Participant

I took the opportunity to remap F11 and F12 keys to home, end, page up and page down.  

That’s brilliant! How’d you remap the keys? Did you use something that applies to the entire OS?

I use zsh too, and these are my bindings. The pipe was critical to me.

bindkey ‘^[OM’ accept-line
    bindkey ‘^[[23~’ beginning-of-line
    bindkey ‘^[[23;2~’ up-line-or-history
    bindkey ‘^[[24~’ end-of-line
    bindkey ‘^[[24;2~’ down-line-or-history
    bindkey -s ‘^[[3~’ ‘\’
    bindkey -s ‘^[[3;2~’ ‘|’

Garga Mel
    Participant

Bindkey is only for zsh. I’m using Xmodmap https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/xmodmap

Create an ~/.Xmodmap file and it will be loaded automatically on boot. So yes it is system wide.
    Also look at the xev utility if you want to try this.

Here is the content of my file :

keycode 104 = Return
    keycode 163 = Prior
    keycode 78 = Next
    keycode 95 = Home Home Home Home F11 F11 XF86Switch_VT_11
    keycode 96 = End End End End F12 F12 XF86Switch_VT_12
    Brad
    Participant

One potential workaround for that black cursor stuck screen problem is using the Manjaro Architect installation tool.  It boots into a non-graphical screen then allows you to choose and install all the latest software n drivers downloaded from the Internet instead of extracted from an ISO  (provide of course you can get internet access working via wire or wireless).  I used Architect once to install onto a USB destination drive (with data persistence) – it took a while but it worked.

Brad
    Participant

Yeah, and Xfce runs faster than KDE. Btw, if you have the v4 version of the EZB 3 Pro here is a simplified directions for installing Ubuntu 17.10 on it with everything working –> https://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/jumper-ezbook-3-pro-can’t-boot-from-usb-most-of-common-linux-distros-4175605766/page4.html#post5763900  Btw, anyone know if it’s the v4 (or earlier?) being sold now on Gearbest and Geekbuying?

Garga Mel
    Participant

This is more or less what I also used.
    I’ve purchased this ezBook 3 pro from Gearbest in August and received a V4. By now they might be selling a V5 🙂

Phil90
    Participant

Thanks for the ISO!!! is it to much ask u to make an manjaro xfce with respin??

it will be awesome! of course if does t bother u to much

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar