Finding New Battery to Replace for X98 Air 3G C9J8 32GB Dual boot

Finding New Battery to Replace for X98 Air 3G C9J8 32GB Dual boot

TechTablets Forums Teclast Forums X98 Air 3G / Air II – Single and dual boot Finding New Battery to Replace for X98 Air 3G C9J8 32GB Dual boot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    RTZNJay
    Participant

I think the battery of my Teclast X98 Air 3G C9J8 has reached end of life. I have to leave it plugged in for it to be useable–and since it can only be charged/powered by the MicroUSB port it’s utility as a tablet disappears. The Android version is ancient now 4.4, still useable really for internet and media consumption, and the W10 boot isn’t bad either but would benefit from a bigger partition.

At any rate, the battery is easy to get to, I just don’t know how to obtain a reliable replacement? The ‘fixit’ shops seem to only know how to deal with the name brands and while my experience buying this Teclast 3 years ago was good, I consider myself lucky considering the misery others experience when it comes to trying to buy from China.

Am I missing something? I’ve tried google searches with the numbers and such that I can find imprinted on the battery but the results don’t inspire confidence. How to I know I’d be getting a good battery?

Or can I just go to an Apple store and buy an iPad Air II battery and use that since the X98 seems to have been some kind of hardware clone/knockoff of it?

airbites
    Participant

Battery Samsung T8220

Chupa
    Participant

check my link below and head over tho the Jumper section

Bad EZBook pro batteries – How to replace step by step

it is pretty much the same for tablets or notebooks

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password