Good advise to ppl that bought the CoreBook

Good advise to ppl that bought the CoreBook

TechTablets Forums Chuwi Forums Chuwi General Discussion Good advise to ppl that bought the CoreBook

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    The Hacker
    Participant

Today i took my Corebook apart to look inside, also removed the heatsink, and god damn a mees Chuwi did with the therman paste, so my advise is to open, remove the heatsink, clean up the mess and then add new thermal paste

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

There are 3 kind of people in the world, thoose who can count, and thoose that can't

Tony
    Participant

Useful to check. Thanks.

I have followed your support on the Corebook Indiegogo page.

I wish we could see the real production line for Chuwi products. They must contract-out the production to a cheap generic line to save money. How else can the thermal paste, and other silly problems, happen?

I supported last years Surbook campaign & got a good unit. However, I recall someone had to take the back off a Surbook to attach the keyboard ribbon to the main board!

These problems can only mean that no quality, or 2nd check on the line, is ever done. The units are put together, switched on & off, and packed into boxes.

Chris G
    Keymaster

How were the thermals? Was it that bad you needed to open it?

Chris | Admin
    Please support us and help keep TechTablets online. Affiliate revenue is used to pay for the server, studio apartment (Techtablets HQ) and buy new tech to review. Without it, this site would be dead.
    Next up for review:
    Ordered and waiting for my: BMAX S15 & Teclast F6 Plus
    Currently testing: LG G8X & Redmi K30

The Hacker
    Participant

The back cover, and even the fron was getting around 40-45 °C when charging it, so wanted to see if i could do something about that, that’s why i removed the heatsink

There are 3 kind of people in the world, thoose who can count, and thoose that can't

Sx C
    Participant

Damn that is a lot of thermal paste, good thing there doesnt seems to have enough pressure pushing down on it or it would have possibly covered half the motherboard.

for a thermal mod i guess just a thermal pad between the copper heatsink and the back cover to push down on it would be more than enough

The Hacker
    Participant

After replacing the shitload of white thermal paste and applying some Artic MX-2 i have lowered the temp while charging arround 10 °C, so it now only reach arround 33-36 °C

prueba.castana
    Participant

Hello, how did you open you corebook?

Hualalai
    Participant

Chuwi logic: a ton of cheap thermal paste is the same as a little expensive thermal paste. ????

Manni
    Participant

Can you show us how you opened it? Please, I am desperate to change SSD and paste.

Brad
    Participant

The more I learn about these brands, Chuwi, Jumper, etc., makes me just want to stick with the bigger cheap brands like Lenovo, Acer, etc.  For perhaps better quality and also availability of parts if something breaks.

The Hacker
    Participant

Can you show us how you opened it? Please, I am desperate to change SSD and paste.

The backcover is just clicked on, no screws, i just used 2 LEGO brick seperators, and started from the buttom of the tablet anf unclicked the cover

Tom
    Participant

Omg, I just redid the thermal paste. It was really bad. It looks like changing the SSD will be no problem. But now the Intel WiFi card is not detected. There is an Unknown USB Device error. This is very annoying.

barjbarj
    Participant

Hi! Can you show us how you managed to remove the back panel? I’ve been trying to take it out but can’t manage to get my tools through the gaps. Also, what type of SSD is used?

Thanks!

Chupa
    Participant

too much paste does not matter
    what matters is when you put the heat sink on the chip again you apply pressure over the contact area and do some circular motions to press the not needed material out of the contact area. The circular motion also fills the micro gaps between the contact area.

There after it is always a good idea to put permanent pressure via a thermal pad or a copper shimmy on the contact area.

Need Help?
    1981 soldered my first Sinclair computer 1K, tapedeck * 1984 build and sold IBM clones 8Mhz, 512K, 20MB HDD * 2018 messing with ultrabooks

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Lost Password

Skip to toolbar